Lambskin 562 37.62%
Voters: 1494. You may not vote on this poll

POST A REPLY

Nov 28, 2006, 1:55pm   #31
bag.lover
I prefer the look/feel of lambskin.
Nov 28, 2006, 2:17pm   #32
bbbochap
For me, rather than going for practicality of how the leather will hold up, I think in aesthetic-wise how the different texture (cavier vs lambskin) actually compliments different color leathers -

Personally, my preferred combos of colors I have seen so far (leather + color) -

black + cavier
ivory white + cavier
pink + cavier
navy + cavier
taupe + cavier

hot pink + lambskin
burgundy + lambskin
baby blue + lambskin
red + lambskin
coral + lambskin
plum + lambskin

other colors like tan, peach - I cant decide as they look good in either leather.
Nov 28, 2006, 4:05pm   #33
m
moomin-don
there is only one for me and that is the lovely lambskin! i love the smell of my lambskin bags (if thats not too weird! )
Nov 28, 2006, 9:00pm   #34
B
Bagologist
I actually have both kind so I like both but I do lean more towards lambskin...even though you have to be more careful with it...I was just in Chanel at Neiman Marcus yesterday and was going nuts over both the lambskin and caviar classic flap bags with the silver hardware...hopefully I will be making a purchase on one of them soon...
Nov 28, 2006, 9:04pm   #35
b
brandedlover
I like both and yes lambskin needs extra attention.
Nov 28, 2006, 10:26pm   #36
miani
Originally Posted by nerdphanie
miani - welcome to the forum and I LOVE the shoes in your avatar...I want them!
Thanks Nerdphanie. I am waiting for those shoes to come in (if they ever do that is).

The Melbourne store just got in their new stock today and I just picked up my first Chanel. I got the large classic flap in Caviar with silver hardware

I am still a little bit undecided as to whether I should have picked the lambskin but I am afraid that I would ruin it. I was carrying a red bag that I bought last year that is now completely faded and that convinced me to get the Caviar.

I am now back at work and totally showing off the bag - one of the girls was even smelling it and saying that it smelt really good
Nov 30, 2006, 5:34am   #37
frayed_misfit
caviar - i like the look and uniqueness of it, and it's an added bonus that it is alot more durable. it also keeps its shape better than the lambskin.

that said though the lambskin is lush! but not for me, maybe because i am accident prone
Dec 1, 2006, 8:40am   #38
255medina
At the trunk show, the Chanel guy said that they sell much more caviar in the states and more lambskin in Europe.
I lean toward caviar because it is much more durable. My first classic flap theat is 10 y.o. still looks brand new.
Dec 1, 2006, 8:41am   #39
piperlu
The lambskin is so wonderful and soft but I'm afraid of it. It's very delicate.

I prefer the caviar or the distressed leather calfskin.
Feb 19, 2007, 6:08pm   #40
Shannbar
I am trying to decide between buying a lambskin or caviar bag. Any thoughts on which is better?
Feb 19, 2007, 6:10pm   #41
Swanky Mama Of Three
depends on your use.
Lambskin is Chanel's most delicate, caviar is Chanel's most durable.
Lambskin LOOKS and is more Luxe, but not as practical for everyday use as caviar.
Feb 19, 2007, 6:13pm   #42
s
sweetlove
caviar! I have lambskin (I think - at least it's one of those fragile skins) and it's a nightmare to carry because I'm always worried it will get scratched. And the caviar is a lot cheaper too However, as Swanky said, it's all about what you're gonna use it for. If you need an evening bag, go for the lambskin since it's more nice to look at and luxurious, but if you want a bag you can actually use without being paranoid, go for caviar. Good luck on deciding
Feb 19, 2007, 6:34pm   #43
sweet_pees
my SA at saks showed me how delicate the lambskins are when i was trying to decide between the two. She showed me a brand new lambskin and it was already damaged on the inside flap (because of pressure from the chains) and then she picked up a caviar and scratched it continuously with her nails, and it was fine! so i decided to get caviar.
Feb 19, 2007, 6:38pm   #44
hlfinn
ASO The Today Show
when i bought my east west it was brand new in the box with all the tissue still on it. when i finally took it out 2 days later i saw the inside was all scratched already even though it had never been used! i returned it because i would rather make the scratches myself. i still think lambskin is prettier though.
Feb 19, 2007, 6:52pm   #45
B
Beach Bum
I prefer lambskin over caviar as I like a softer leather for looks and I like a smushier bag in general.However the Caviar DOES hold up better
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >