Home Premier Designers Chanel

Just like magic....silver to gold!

POST A REPLY

May 11, 2012, 7:24am   #136
fashionista
Wow I really hope this will become a regular thing at Chanel, i so want to change from gold to silver. I don't even use my jumbo anymore because it has ghw. Stupid I know. But I will be going to Paris in july so will Ask them at the Rue Cambon store.
May 11, 2012, 8:14am   #137
Originally Posted by Oniomaniac
Not on beige claire, but I did it on my yellow jumbo and my red jumbo, both lamb. The yellow was because it was so light and the red to lock in the color. Essentially, it's a coating they put on the bag. Can ONLY be done through Chanel, so don't take it to someone that claims they know what they use, because it's not worth the risk. When you first get it back it will feel like your lambskin is less porous and more durable. It feels a TINY bit stiffer, but then it just goes back to normal. I've noticed that it keeps it from scratching as easily too...WAIT, it makes it a little more difficult to scratch, but this is lambskin, so it's naturally still prone to scratches. Anyways, I would contact your boutique because they have to send it out and tell them to actually ask and that you know people that have done it and it IS possible. A lot of these SA's simply say no and don't bother checking. It cost me around $100 (give or take because I can't remember the exact figure). Hope that helps!
Do you know if they will seal my lambskin if i bought it at Nordstrom instead of the boutique? I had plans to go to NY next wkend but cancelled bc my bf wouldnt be able to go but now I'm thinking about going by myself just to get this done on my beige clair lambskin. Did the boutique on 57th seal ur bags? And how long did it take for you to get it back? Please let me know, thanks!!!!
Last edited May 11, 2012 at 8:20am.
May 11, 2012, 12:02pm   #138
Meow!
There is a lot of interesting and good info in this thread. I really like the idea of having the option to send a lambskin bag in for sealing. Sometimes there are lighter colors that I love in lamb, but wouldn't purchase because I'm afraid of getting them dirty. The question remains as to whether an older lamb bag can be sent in for cleaning and then be sealed as well. Maybe someone can test that for us?

As for the hardware color exchanges, I'm happy for the OP but I'm on the fence about the idea as a whole. I can understand how someone could have their heart set on a color combo and want their hardware changed out.

I'm someone who prefers their bags to be in the original condition (or restored to original condition if repaired). It would bother me to have the hardware color and the stamp in different colors. I'm also on the fence about them sending back the original hardware with the bag after replacement. It is really nice to have your original hardware, but doesn't that possibly open up a can of worms for counterfeiters? If I was looking for a pre-owned bag, I wouldn't buy something not restored to original hardware condition. But that's just me, other people might be open to it with no problem.

Thanks for all of the good posts and info everyone! OP, congrats on your gorgeous refurbishment! Your bag looks lovely.
Oct 28, 2012, 2:15am   #139
~loving motherhood~
Bump.. Has there been any updates if hardware can be changed?
Nov 12, 2012, 12:40am   #140
Originally Posted by princessDD
Bump.. Has there been any updates if hardware can be changed?
I would like to know too! Anyone here has done it? Any information will be great.
Nov 12, 2012, 1:10am   #141
I haven't done it, but when I was at Chanel couple weeks ago, I asked about it and the SA said that it can be done!! Pretty cool~
Nov 12, 2012, 11:01am   #142
Originally Posted by LAvuittongirl
I haven't done it, but when I was at Chanel couple weeks ago, I asked about it and the SA said that it can be done!! Pretty cool~
May i know which Chanel did you ask? And do you have any idea how much the cost is?

Thanks! :)
Nov 12, 2012, 12:55pm   #143
Originally Posted by trikhey_03

May i know which Chanel did you ask? And do you have any idea how much the cost is?

Thanks! :)
Not sure how much, but I was at Chanel on Robertson blvd in LA. When I asked about it, he said some of it can b done in house, but others may b needed to b sent out.
Nov 12, 2012, 1:17pm   #144
Originally Posted by LAvuittongirl

Not sure how much, but I was at Chanel on Robertson blvd in LA. When I asked about it, he said some of it can b done in house, but others may b needed to b sent out.
in the house? ohh no! I wouldn't take the risk! lol. I wonder if you can switch it back and forth though. Thanks so much for this info! :)
Nov 12, 2012, 5:51pm   #145
how about the zipper inside the bag? they change it or just leave it as original silver?
Nov 12, 2012, 6:01pm   #146
That is great news for everyone who regrets getting SHW lol.

Your bag looks fantastic!
Nov 13, 2012, 5:42pm   #147
L
Originally Posted by baby_coco
how about the zipper inside the bag? they change it or just leave it as original silver?
The actual zipper is the beige of the "beige claire" and they changed the zipper pull to gold. All of the hardware is completely changed to gold...just the stamp is not (which I thought would bother me but does not at all).
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Chanel