Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Help: chanel classic jumbo, reissue 227 or celine trapeze

POST A REPLY

Jun 6, 2012, 4:26am   #16
baileylab
i have a trapeze and a jumbo. the jumbo can;t be my everyday bag bec it fits so little
the trapeze i love bec it can fit my everyday things (2 wallets, small makeup bag) and i can also put in a shawl with no problem

so wanting a reissue 227 though.
Jun 6, 2012, 7:44am   #17
Trickster_Trix
I know that the 227 reissue has a larger depth than the classic but is shorter in length. Does the slight edge in depth make it roomier than the classic?
Jun 6, 2012, 8:00am   #18
pamelala06
CC is my Religion
Definitely a reissue! So classic and extremely more durable than your classic flap. I think the quilts will become less puffy if you use it as an everyday bag! Good luck deciding!
Jun 6, 2012, 10:24am   #19
porsche09
I think the Jumbo would be a Great choice for Everyday, I use my jumbos for everyday use & they hold up great
Jun 6, 2012, 10:57am   #20
lovebeibei
I have both the classic jumbo and the celine trapeze. I took a side-by-side pic for size comparison

I use both bags as everyday bags, and love both. The trapeze is much more spacious - this bag can hold a lot! However, looking at your list of usual items, I think these things will also fit fine inside a jumbo. You likely won't be able to use a bag organizer inside your flap, because, as you mentioned, it would definitely eat up too much space. While the jumbo doesn't look too small on the outside, space inside is limited due to the more rigid structure of the bag. Nonetheless, I still find that it holds enough for me to use as an everyday bag. I don't think there is much that needs to be said for the classic flap - the bag speaks for itself. It's classic, timeless and a staple piece in any collection. The trapeze is also, imo, one of the most artistic new handbag designs of the decade. It comes with a strap and can be worn on the shoulder, or on the crank of our arm or handheld.

I do, however, prefer the classic jumbo to the reissue 227 because the jumbo is a more structured bag. The reissue, with use, will flatten much more so than the classic jumbo. While this is all a part of the design, the jumbo as a stiffer bottom (newer jumbos also have stiffer sides) that prevents this from happening.

Either way, I think you can't go wrong Let us know what you decide!
Jun 6, 2012, 12:58pm   #21
Trickster_Trix
Originally Posted by lovebeibei
I have both the classic jumbo and the celine trapeze. I took a side-by-side pic for size comparison

I use both bags as everyday bags, and love both. The trapeze is much more spacious - this bag can hold a lot! However, looking at your list of usual items, I think these things will also fit fine inside a jumbo. You likely won't be able to use a bag organizer inside your flap, because, as you mentioned, it would definitely eat up too much space. While the jumbo doesn't look too small on the outside, space inside is limited due to the more rigid structure of the bag. Nonetheless, I still find that it holds enough for me to use as an everyday bag. I don't think there is much that needs to be said for the classic flap - the bag speaks for itself. It's classic, timeless and a staple piece in any collection. The trapeze is also, imo, one of the most artistic new handbag designs of the decade. It comes with a strap and can be worn on the shoulder, or on the crank of our arm or handheld.

I do, however, prefer the classic jumbo to the reissue 227 because the jumbo is a more structured bag. The reissue, with use, will flatten much more so than the classic jumbo. While this is all a part of the design, the jumbo as a stiffer bottom (newer jumbos also have stiffer sides) that prevents this from happening.

Either way, I think you can't go wrong Let us know what you decide!
Thanks. Your insight is very helpful! And so are the rest of the tpfers. I'm sure you girls have been through what i'm going through at the moment -- indecision. I surely hope I will get them all eventually but one at a time. I think I'm more likely to go with the jumbo classic for now. But who knows what I'll think tomorrow... Lol.
Jun 22, 2012, 8:22pm   #22
Trickster_Trix
Just an update. I was very lucky to find a brand new chanel jumbo single flap last week. I'm absolutely in love with my bag. <3
Jun 22, 2012, 8:40pm   #23
Yoa73
Chanel Caviar Jumbo
Aug 8, 2012, 12:29pm   #24
QTbebe
LoveAngelMusicBaby
i have the trapeze (depending on the leather, it could be too delicate to carry for everyday) as for the jumbo I think for what you need, you should get a classic jumbo w/single flap. its so convenient and easy to get in and out of and roomy inside.
Aug 8, 2012, 12:30pm   #25
QTbebe
LoveAngelMusicBaby
Originally Posted by Trickster_Trix
Just an update. I was very lucky to find a brand new chanel jumbo single flap last week. I'm absolutely in love with my bag. <3
congrats!! what color did you get?
Aug 9, 2012, 12:45am   #26
Martinibeach
You are lucky to find a new single flap, and it will hold up more than the DF. Would like to know what color did you find?
Aug 9, 2012, 1:01pm   #27
Trickster_Trix
Originally Posted by QTbebe

congrats!! what color did you get?
Thanks! I got it in black caviar with ghw.
Aug 9, 2012, 1:21pm   #28
baileylab
yaay!!!! mod pics please!!!

enjoy your bag! i hope it's everything you want!
Aug 9, 2012, 1:36pm   #29
Trickster_Trix
Oh yes! I love it for sure!!! I'll post some mod pics soon! I don't know how to upload from my phone. 😝
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >