Home Premier Designers Chanel Chanel Shopping

Chanel 12A Fall 2012 Info


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 22, 2012, 8:05pm   #1876
bluekit's Avatar
CC x DY
Yeah, it looks a bit too east west, but need to try it on before deciding. The small flap looks very proportional in comparison.

Originally Posted by Pursebop
Folks doesn't this look unusually long for jumbo?
This is jumbo size for $3100
Looks very east- west....13x4x7
Aug 22, 2012, 8:07pm   #1877
bluekit's Avatar
CC x DY
I finally saw the 12A dark blue aged calf reissue irl. The color is very pretty!! It is definitely navy with a hint of purple. The prune aged calf reissue has also shipped as well.
Last edited Aug 22, 2012 at 8:13pm.
Aug 22, 2012, 8:12pm   #1878
bluekit's Avatar
CC x DY
Originally Posted by G&Smommy
Jumbo measures 12" x 8" x 3" according to the reference library, so this bag is a little wider and longer by one inch, but also shorter by one inch.
According to the reference library, the double flap classic maxi is measured at 13"X9"x4". So this is like a shortened version of the maxi.
Aug 22, 2012, 8:23pm   #1879
G&Smommy's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bluekit
I finally saw the 12A dark blue aged calf reissue irl. The color is very pretty!! It is definitely navy with a hint of purple. The prune aged calf reissue has also shipped as well.
Where did you see it? I feel like I have been waiting for these two colors forever and they are still not at my NM! I need to compare them both to my dark navy reissue to determine if they are different enough. On my computer screen, the Fall plum looks very similar in tone to my dark blue reissue which is also close to black. If they are too close to my current bags, I may get the Spring metallic purple. I need to pick one so I hope the decision is clear when I finally get to see them IRL!
Aug 22, 2012, 8:24pm   #1880
G&Smommy's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bluekit
According to the reference library, the double flap classic maxi is measured at 13"X9"x4". So this is like a shortened version of the maxi.
Interesting. This is definitely one I will have to try on to decide. I am on the list at NM for the red and grey in the larger size. If I do not like them, I am getting the medium in black.
Aug 22, 2012, 8:25pm   #1881
G&Smommy's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bluekit
This color is so pretty!!!
This color is gorgeous, but I would be afraid of maintenance.
Aug 22, 2012, 8:32pm   #1882
bluekit's Avatar
CC x DY
I saw the dark navy at Bloomingdales, but in a 226.
The dark blue for fall is definitely lighter than your dark navy reissue, which is close to black. It may still be too similar for you to own both, IMO only, since they are in the same family. But I really like the dark blue...if I didn't already have another blue reissue. The prune, however, is darker but definitely not black. You can definitely tell that it's purple but a darker purple. I saw the spring metallic purple too. That's the color that keeps coming back to taunt me. Sometimes it takes me a season or two to decide on what I want/like.

Originally Posted by G&Smommy
Where did you see it? I feel like I have been waiting for these two colors forever and they are still not at my NM! I need to compare them both to my dark navy reissue to determine if they are different enough. On my computer screen, the Fall plum looks very similar in tone to my dark blue reissue which is also close to black. If they are too close to my current bags, I may get the Spring metallic purple. I need to pick one so I hope the decision is clear when I finally get to see them IRL!
Aug 22, 2012, 8:34pm   #1883
bluekit's Avatar
CC x DY
Originally Posted by G&Smommy
Interesting. This is definitely one I will have to try on to decide. I am on the list at NM for the red and grey in the larger size. If I do not like them, I am getting the medium in black.
Yeah, I wish they had kept the jumbo length vs. width proportion the same as the medium. But I'm not ruling it out just yet.

Originally Posted by G&Smommy
This color is gorgeous, but I would be afraid of maintenance.

the lilac is so pretty but I would be afraid to get it dirty too...as much as I like lambskin, this maybe too light of a color to feel worry free while wearing one.
Aug 22, 2012, 8:40pm   #1884
Pursebop's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by G&Smommy

Interesting. This is definitely one I will have to try on to decide. I am on the list at NM for the red and grey in the larger size. If I do not like them, I am getting the medium in black.
Originally Posted by bluekit

Yeah, I wish they had kept the jumbo length vs. width proportion the same as the medium. But I'm not ruling it out just yet.


the lilac is so pretty but I would be afraid to get it dirty too...as much as I like lambskin, this maybe too light of a color to feel worry free while wearing one.
I wish the proportions were 'normal' jumbo size too. But let's see it IRL first, it may not look bad :(
Although just visualizing proportions with chevron stripes makes it feel odd somehow...I hope it does not look more like a clutch on a chain but thicker!
Aug 22, 2012, 8:41pm   #1885
B
Member
The lilac is very pretty! Love it!
Aug 22, 2012, 8:42pm   #1886
o
Member
I don't like the proportions of the large flap!! The height is almost half the width..
Aug 22, 2012, 8:47pm   #1887
Pursebop's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bluekit

Yeah, I wish they had kept the jumbo length vs. width proportion the same as the medium. But I'm not ruling it out just yet.


the lilac is so pretty but I would be afraid to get it dirty too...as much as I like lambskin, this maybe too light of a color to feel worry free while wearing one.
Bluekit I agree that although the color is gorgeous, it would be another very special occasion bag, and as tempted as I was, I DO NOT need a additional special events flap! The m/l had me going for a while though.
I so understand about needing a season to decide about choices. I am myself still stuck on the few left that I did not buy from spring :)
This purple reissue sounds pretty... It's called prune, is it anything like the 12A burgundy or distinctly purple? I like the spring metallic purple too and love the metallic black!
Aug 22, 2012, 8:49pm   #1888
G&Smommy's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bluekit
I saw the dark navy at Bloomingdales, but in a 226.
The dark blue for fall is definitely lighter than your dark navy reissue, which is close to black. It may still be too similar for you to own both, IMO only, since they are in the same family. But I really like the dark blue...if I didn't already have another blue reissue. The prune, however, is darker but definitely not black. You can definitely tell that it's purple but a darker purple. I saw the spring metallic purple too. That's the color that keeps coming back to taunt me. Sometimes it takes me a season or two to decide on what I want/like.
Thanks! I am planning on bringing the dark blue with me when the bags finally arrive at NM. I am leaning towards purple over blue just because I have the dark blue reissue and a navy Jumbo already. I have no purple in my collection. I went to try on the Spring metallic purple last week and liked it more than I remembered! If I don't like either of the Fall colors, the metallic purple 226 will be my "last" classic (I hope since I have eaten my words before).
Aug 22, 2012, 8:52pm   #1889
sukiyaki's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by bluekit
I saw the dark navy at Bloomingdales, but in a 226.
The dark blue for fall is definitely lighter than your dark navy reissue, which is close to black. It may still be too similar for you to own both, IMO only, since they are in the same family. But I really like the dark blue...if I didn't already have another blue reissue. The prune, however, is darker but definitely not black. You can definitely tell that it's purple but a darker purple. I saw the spring metallic purple too. That's the color that keeps coming back to taunt me. Sometimes it takes me a season or two to decide on what I want/like.
Bluekit, I am thinking to sell the spring reissue purple since I purchased too many bags recently. I feel hesitate to sell it but I have no choice. If you can choose only one between e/w purple caviar 06 and 12P reissue purple 226. Which one? sigh.
Aug 22, 2012, 8:54pm   #1890
zaraha's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Pursebop
Folks doesn't this look unusually long for jumbo?
This is jumbo size for $3100
Looks very east- west....13x4x7
This is great work/study bag for me, I can stuff some of my legal papers :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Chanel Chanel Shopping  
TOP

Thread Tools