Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

First Celine (and first thread)! Thank you to everyone on this forum for the advice

POST A REPLY

Mar 7, 2014, 7:16pm   #1
s
snickersnack
[I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum for a long time and just wanted to share in case this is helpful for anyone out there. This is also my first time posting, so I hope this works!]

I had my eye on a Celine Trapeze for a long time and went into Barney's to have a look. I saw a FW13 Flamingo that I had my eye on for a very long time. It was as beautiful in person as it was in the photos. I wanted to try on the other styles that I hadn't considered, just to be sure.

The SA told me that they had something that was in the Personal Shopper area that they wanted me to try on. I waited but as hard as they tried, they couldn't get in touch with the manager there. I eventually went home with the Trapeze, but I had my heart set on the other one. I turned around and returned the Trapeze (although I still would love it in the mini size) - and they had The One waiting for me!

[I've been told to mark the photos with my user name... not being narcissistic!]

Thank you all for the fantastic advice. I am much happier with The One, although will always have a place in my heart for the Trapeze.

Shoutout to the ladies at Barney's NYC - Andie and Shanice! :)
Last edited Mar 7, 2014 at 7:19pm. Reason: SA info
Mar 7, 2014, 7:58pm   #2
p
pursevixen
That looks amazing congrats! It is always better to wait for what you want.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:55am   #3
Aluxe
The Gimme-Queen
Congrats!
Mar 8, 2014, 5:14am   #4
unoma
I wish i was rich :)
Congrats
Mar 8, 2014, 11:13am   #5
jclaybo
Humility and Grace
congrats and enjoy in good health!
Mar 8, 2014, 12:22pm   #6
emilymg
Such an amazing bag - love that color combo. Congrats and enjoy!
Mar 8, 2014, 3:26pm   #7
yinnie
Congrats on ur first celine :-)
Mar 8, 2014, 7:32pm   #8
NicoletteRN
Stunning color combo! Enjoy :)
Mar 9, 2014, 2:03pm   #9
redish
congrats! its gorgeous
Mar 9, 2014, 5:49pm   #10
lulilu
this is one of the prettiest color combos in this style bag I've seen. Enjoy it.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:20pm   #11
EMDOC
Love it.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:22pm   #12
k
katielure
Beautiful bag! Congrats on your first Celine!
Mar 10, 2014, 11:06pm   #13
s
snickersnack
Thank you everyone! Surprisingly it's not as heavy as I expected. Going to check out weather- and stain-proofing options now. The SAs at Barneys recommended getting it done professionally at Leather Spa, but I understand most people here do it themselves? I have a can of Collonil that I might bust out for the occasion...
Mar 12, 2014, 8:05pm   #14
B
BostonGirl88
I love your new bag! I wanted one like it--a nude, neutral color that would go with everything, but with a pop of color sure to perk anyone up! Ultimately, though, I went with a classic black phantom since I didn't trust myself to be careful enough with a lightly-colored purse. Haha! The SA at Barney's where I got mine from recommended Meltonian Leather Lotion for maintenance.
Mar 19, 2014, 5:39am   #15
c
cherie005
Congrats on your beautiful bag! I usually like just plain solids, but love that colour combo! Do you by any chance know what the colour combo is called or which collection it's from? I'm looking to make my first Celine purchase myself…:)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >