Home > >

Edge vs. Blade

POST A REPLY

Nov 1, 2013, 10:05pm   #1
P
Prettyvogue
I love the look of both these bags but have not seen them irl. For those that own either or both, could you tell me which you prefer? They are both really new bags to Celine and I am wondering if either will be part of the permanent collection? Any opinions or reviews would be greatly appreciated!
Nov 4, 2013, 2:28pm   #2
Aluxe
The Gimme-Queen
Hmm, if you can get to a store to try them on, you really should.

Between the two of them, I'd likely buy the blade simply because I prefer the shape of that bag better.

I have, however, played with the edge and it is such a luxe bag. Well made and stunning. However, I'd go with the Blade, which has a more conventional silhouette in comparison.

That's just my take. It is probably also influenced by the fact that at the moment I am considering adding a flap bag to my collection,

Good luck!
Nov 4, 2013, 7:44pm   #3
CEC.LV4eva
Bal_RO_Céline
I think the main difference is whether you're a hand-held or shoulder gal.
Nov 4, 2013, 9:29pm   #4
P
Prettyvogue
Thank you Aluxe and CEC.LV4eva!!! Celine's are hard to come by where I am but I will be in Vegas in a few days and plan on checking them out there. I am a shoulder or hand held bag girl, depending on my mood I guess, but for some reason I thought the Edge could be shoulder or hand held?
Nov 4, 2013, 9:54pm   #5
J
Jojy
Prettyvogue, I bought a black leather Edge at Neiman Marcus last month during a six month financing period. After carrying it for a while, I can tell you that I love this bag! You can hand carry it but it also tucks perfectly under the arm. I found the handle to be the perfect length to wear over the shoulder. I personally love the structure of this bag and the way the zipper is constructed. I guess it depends on what look you prefer. Good luck and let us know what you decide
Nov 5, 2013, 9:37pm   #6
P
Prettyvogue
Thank you, Jojy!! That is exactly what i was hoping for with the Edge! I can't wait to check them both out in person and I will be sure to report back!
Nov 13, 2013, 8:39pm   #7
K
Kwinni
Originally Posted by Prettyvogue
Thank you, Jojy!! That is exactly what i was hoping for with the Edge! I can't wait to check them both out in person and I will be sure to report back!
I totally agree with Jojy. I purchased the Edge a month or so ago and it fits great on my shoulder. The added bonus was the small pocket on the back for my phone.
Nov 14, 2013, 3:27pm   #8
b
bagnut1
Originally Posted by Kwinni
I totally agree with Jojy. I purchased the Edge a month or so ago and it fits great on my shoulder. The added bonus was the small pocket on the back for my phone.
I LOVE my Edge!! It's such a great shape and extremely comfortable to carry by hand or on the shoulder.
Nov 14, 2013, 8:42pm   #9
P
Prettyvogue
Thanks everyone, I am starting to lean more towards the Edge. Can't wait to see it in person!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >