Home > >

Cobalt blue vs. royal blue

POST A REPLY

May 13, 2012, 1:56am   #16
porpentine
and here is a pic of the 'new' royal blue from Hirshleifers, courtesy of another member:

May 13, 2012, 7:26am   #17
Bornsocialite26
Hitting the H-ighway
Originally Posted by porpentine
and here is a pic of the 'new' royal blue from Hirshleifers, courtesy of another member:

why did I have to see that^ why!
May 13, 2012, 8:17am   #18
cotonblanc
Originally Posted by Bornsocialite26
why did I have to see that^ why!
One more to tempt.
Attached Images

May 13, 2012, 10:51am   #19
chocos

From this pic i think royal blue is shade darker than cobalt,from cotonblanc pic i thinkkk hmmm it looks like same shade as cobalt.. I m confused now,should i wait for the royal blue or just buy the cobalt with royal blue price ..
May 13, 2012, 10:56am   #20
cotonblanc
Originally Posted by chocos
From this pic i think royal blue is shade darker than cobalt,from cotonblanc pic i thinkkk hmmm it looks like same shade as cobalt.. I m confused now,should i wait for the royal blue or just buy the cobalt with royal blue price ..
I have seen cobalt luggage in person and I believe the intensity and the vivid hue of the blue is not the same as the royal blue luggage picture above. True, that the other items in royal blue like the trio may appear to be similar to the cobalt but that may be due to the different leather being used. So, with that being said, I do not feel that the royal blue is a good substitute for those who hanker after the richness of the cobalt.

Like they say in the Far East, same same but different.
May 13, 2012, 11:13am   #21
chocos
Ur comment makes me sure 100 % that i should grab the cobalt..
May 13, 2012, 11:43am   #22
cotonblanc
Originally Posted by chocos
Ur comment makes me sure 100 % that i should grab the cobalt..
Yes, go for Cobalt. Don't settle for the Royal Blue. Royal Blue looks really flat for Fall 2012 compared to the trio reiteration in Royal Blue or the original Cobalt. It just doesn't make you go WOAH when you first see it based on all the pictures that have surfaced and most of them shot in different lighting conditions.

Oh, and also the original Cobalt will be lined in a lovely contrasting Olive Green leather! I don't suppose the new Fall 2012 Royal Blue ones will receive the same, ahem, royal treatment.
May 13, 2012, 11:50am   #23
c
ckdbwlswpsl
If anyone has any intel on a cobalt nano.... Please enlighten me!
May 13, 2012, 2:07pm   #24
afterimage
Me too! :P
May 28, 2012, 6:13am   #25
kate021105
bagaholic
im glad i found this thread! :-) im actually liking the royal blue so i already pre-ordered a royal blue micro luggage. hope i made the right choice.
May 28, 2012, 7:43pm   #26
afterimage
Originally Posted by kate021105
im glad i found this thread! :-) im actually liking the royal blue so i already pre-ordered a royal blue micro luggage. hope i made the right choice.
Hey Kate,
Where did you pre-order a Royal Blue Micro? It seems like none of the retailers are carrying Micro! :(
May 28, 2012, 8:07pm   #27
t
thelene
Definitely go with the cobalt blue. It is a beautiful color.
May 28, 2012, 8:47pm   #28
Julierose
New York City
Here are photos of my cobalt luggage.........photos taken without flash....
TONS more photos on my blog!

May 29, 2012, 7:09pm   #29
porpentine
Thanks for those pictures! I find the photographs of these two colours so confusing! They look the same to me but people who've seen them IRL say they are different.

I guess we will find out soon. The new royal blues are supposed to arrive in June so it could be any day now?!
Jun 3, 2012, 9:07am   #30
H
Halothane
Account Deactivated
Hi, sorry for the double post, I cannot figure out how to edit my previous post, just wanted to link to the image of the other member properly:

Thanks for your pretty photo! hope i can get one of these color in mini luggage
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >