Home Premier Designers Céline

CÉLINE Fall 2014

POST A REPLY

Jan 12, 2014, 9:50am   #1
Anyone knows if she is skipping presentation for Fall 2014? I heard that the tactic worked with Spring 2014. I just hate having to wait AFTER Winter 2014 just to see this... But it beats seeing "lookalikes" at the highstreet stores..

Last Fall 2013 she presented on the 8th of January 2013!
Jan 12, 2014, 11:08am   #2
Originally Posted by cotonblanc
Anyone knows if she is skipping presentation for Fall 2014? I heard that the tactic worked with Spring 2014. I just hate having to wait AFTER Winter 2014 just to see this... But it beats seeing "lookalikes" at the highstreet stores..

Last Fall 2013 she presented on the 8th of January 2013!
Yes, she told to Financial Times that she won´t be showing Fall14 in New York. I think you need to have access to their site so I´ll copy it here:

"Phoebe Philo is in New York thanks to Céline’s support of the Museum of Modern Art’s upcoming Isa Genzken retrospective. We were chatting about it when Ms Philo revealed some startling news: she had decided NOT to bring her pre-fall collection to New York as she had done the past few seasons, but was only going to show it in Paris. And she had decided NOT to post it online immediately on sites such as style.com, but to keep it behind the scenes until just before the clothes were delivered to stores. That’s some pretty active swimming against the tide there.

“I just think that pre-collection should be for stores, should be clothes that fill in a wardrobe,” Ms Philo said. “Not for shows.” As for the online thing, she said she felt such communication should be useful information for a consumer, which posting photos of something you cannot buy for six months was not. “Content for the sake of more content is devalued content,” she said. Which is both a really catchy phrase, and a sentiment with which I tend to agree.Anyway, her decision to put a damper on the pre-collection hoo-ha is exciting news for anyone who finds the growth of this not-exactly-a-season, which designers start showing in December and lasts until mid-January, one of the more confusing developments in fashion. And it raises the question of whether other designers will follow her lead and turn away from the “pre-spring or pre-fall show,” which has led to a seemingly endless round of collections, or stay the buzz-chasing course.

Not that what her fellow brands do will affect Ms Philo’s decision one way or the other. Even when it comes to supporting an artist, a current trend in the fashion world, Ms Philo tends to go her own way."

-Vanessa Friedman for Financial Times (November 12th 2013)

I understand her point but true, I feel like I can´t wait any longer!

Most probably Céline Fall 2014 collection will be released after Winter 2014 show (say... after March 2th...)? Wasn´t that the schedule with Spring/Summer 2014?
Feb 2, 2014, 10:21am   #3

No photos but a lookbook exists via rebsob and it was hashtagged #sogood.
Feb 2, 2014, 11:00am   #4
Oh wow, this is too exciting! #sogood sounds promising indeed... Thanks for sharing!
Feb 2, 2014, 11:24pm   #5
Fabulous info you lovelies! Thank you so much!
Feb 4, 2014, 8:56am   #6

Photos from a week ago – Models in robe at the showroom for Fall 2014 and Céline gave them the solo trio cosmetic pouches in suede.
Feb 4, 2014, 9:50am   #7
Originally Posted by cotonblanc
http://i.imgur.com/mrraOvN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UjETjoH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q3aes3P.jpg

Photos from a week ago – Models in robe at the showroom for Fall 2014 and Céline gave them the solo trio cosmetic pouches in suede.
This is so great! I´m very into that blue! Thanks for sharing!
Feb 4, 2014, 11:07am   #8
Thank you so much for sharing. Your posts are always so informative! Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge!
Feb 10, 2014, 6:16pm   #9
My friend with supposedly-reliable insider information told me Phoebe wasn't doing a Pre-Fall collection this year, but to my great surprise the buyer for Bergdorf Goodman told me today not only did she indeed do a fall collection, but that it's apparently "amazing" and is kind of a return to luxury/avant-garde minimalism. She said the RTW and shoes are stunning, including a mid-heels and platform shoes. This is super exciting news, indeed, so I thought I'd open a thread in anticipation...
Feb 10, 2014, 6:26pm   #10
Thanks for the wonderful information. I have already started a Fall 2014 thread and perhaps a moderator could merge?
Feb 10, 2014, 6:28pm   #11
Originally Posted by bellsbells
My friend with supposedly-reliable insider information told me Phoebe wasn't doing a Pre-Fall collection this year, but to my great surprise the buyer for Bergdorf Goodman told me today not only did she indeed do a fall collection, but that it's apparently "amazing" and is kind of a return to luxury/avant-garde minimalism. She said the RTW and shoes are stunning, including a mid-heels and platform shoes. This is super exciting news, indeed, so I thought I'd open a thread in anticipation...

Reposting this wonderful news in the Fall 2014 thread.
Feb 10, 2014, 9:50pm   #12
a
Omg! This is indeed wonderful! I will therein save my summer purchasing for this. No need for crazy prints for me then!
Feb 10, 2014, 9:52pm   #13
Originally Posted by ateebi
Omg! This is indeed wonderful! I will therein save my summer purchasing for this. No need for crazy prints for me then!
Absolutely agree. It seems that the pre-collections are where the good wardrobe-building stuff is at! I don't need directional fashion, I need well-executed and thoughtful design for daily wear.
Feb 10, 2014, 9:52pm   #14
a
Perhaps there will be some interesting shoe options or skate colours! Woah, excited much, lol
Feb 11, 2014, 1:02am   #15
I can't wait!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Céline