Home > > >

AUTHENTICATE This Céline *Please read rules and use format in Post #1*

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Jan 29, 2007, 10:20pm   #1
sjunky13
Dreaming............
(Moderator's Note: The first post has been edited to add in the rules of Authenticate This threads)

This thread is for discussion of authenticity of Céline bags and accessories. Please follow these rules:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated.
  • It is imperative that you help our authenticators by using this format:
    Quote:
    Item:
    Listing Number:
    Seller:
    Link:
    Comments:
  • Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Authenticators may also request additional pictures and/or information in order to assist with authentication. Please remember, it is always useful to have several close up pictures when submitting an item for authentication.
  • Please do not intervene to confront a troll or rudeness on the boards, just report the post to the mods, and let them handle it from there.
  • Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone tell me if this is geniune? I dont know much about Celine.
eBay: 2007 Celine FRAME handbag bag purse $1450 NWT (item 110081069698 end time Jan-29-07 18:30:00 PST)
Last edited Feb 19, 2011 at 12:14pm.
Jan 30, 2007, 12:07am   #2
BabyK
i really really like that bag. i was eyeing it when it first came out but unfortunately i can't afford it's retail price. nor can i authenticate this.. sorry.. maybe in the authenticate this forum?
Jan 30, 2007, 12:28am   #3
sjunky13
Dreaming............
I am worried , it seems to good to be true.....................
Jan 30, 2007, 3:37am   #4
sjunky13
Dreaming............
bump plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol
Feb 9, 2007, 2:41am   #5
lara0112
Has anyone come across a fake Boogie? I got a Boogie on ebay (yes, I know....) and I received it yesterday - I have other Celine bags so the logo looks fine, there is a serial number (but then Celines are not hard to copy....) the leather is supersoft, the shape is fine, the cover bag looks like my others BUT...
it has a really weird smell, and it came with a leather sample attached, wrapping paper around the zip .....

my gut tells me it is real but my suspicious mind questions now bec later I will just be sorry and can't do anything about it.....

I wanted to post pics but can't get to these bec my info right now not available on ebay....

I appreciate if you share your experience with me.

Thanks
Feb 9, 2007, 9:06am   #6
Sonic Peaches
Never Duplicated
I own a Celine Transat Satchel (is a version of the Boogie) and I know for SURE that Celine NEVER sells bags with 'leather sample' tags on them. Now, tissue usually comes on the metal hardware, but that's about it. The only tags you should see are on string cords, not plastic. Anyhow, sounds like a fake from the info you stated.
You should bring this issue to the 'Authentication' area of PF.
Feb 9, 2007, 9:16am   #7
g
gro3602
EX TPFER DONE HERE
Need photos or ebay item number to help!!!!

Also how many feedback does seller have and how long on ebay?
Feb 9, 2007, 9:23am   #8
misspiggy
So sorry to hear Lara, please post pics so we can help you.
Feb 10, 2007, 10:06am   #9
lara0112
Thanks for all your replies -

As for ebay seller - a new seller (I know - total rookie mistake - I really SHOULD know better...... just got carried away) - has two positives but then that could be bec buyers also don't know....

here are pics from the auction - I will post pics of the bag once my camera's battery is re-charged....

^^ which authenticate this thread should I use? there is not any for Celine???

Also, do any of you understand the Celine authentication numbering?

thanks again for all your help
Attached Images

Feb 10, 2007, 6:09pm   #10
taygalchi
Originally Posted by lara0112
Also, do any of you understand the Celine authentication numbering?
Hi,

I have a red biker boogie bag - the interior is a plain black cotton-type material, the authentication numbering is two letters (which seem to correspond to the designer's name) two numbers, a slash, then two more numbers (i.e. AB12/34). Unfortunately, I don't know what this means.

The leather hangtag you mentioned does worry me. I didn't even know they made fake Boogie bags, but I just went to the ebay of fake bags, typed in "celine bag" and one of the first ones that popped up had that dern leather tag.

The zipper pull on mine also looks very different from yours - but of course, they could have changed them since I purchased mine. Perhaps a check on eluxury at Celine bags will help some more. If you have *any* doubts, I think you should ask seller for refund *or* chargeback to credit card. Maybe a post in the ebay forum can help with that.

I hope I helped a little. Good luck with this!
Last edited Feb 10, 2007 at 6:12pm.
Feb 10, 2007, 6:35pm   #11
pursesuader
The zipper pull is the current style ... does it have Celine stamped on the edge of the zipper pull next to the circle?
Also, what do you mean by a hang tag? Did I miss a photo of this?
One thing that bothers me is the zipper pull is shiny and the zipper looks very dull?
Feb 10, 2007, 7:12pm   #12
g
gro3602
EX TPFER DONE HERE
Originally Posted by gro3602
Need photos or ebay item number to help!!!!

Also how many feedback does seller have and how long on ebay?

It looks suspect.

Can you let us know the item number.
Feb 11, 2007, 5:14am   #13
lara0112
Thanks again for all your replies - here my update - below is the link to auction (I am sooooo dumb sometimes.... seriously....)

eBay.co.uk: Brand New Authentic Elegant Celine Pink Handbag (item 130068787572 end time 18-Jan-07 20:39:11 GMT)

I compared to my other Celine bags (one is another boogie but older style so different zip - yes, it does say Celine next to the circle) but the zipper thing (so dull...) worried me as well.
Also what worries me is that middle compartment is not double lined like with my other bags... (it is the small detail right?), and the gold hardware is more shiny than with my other bag (but the other one is an older style, not boogie, and has been used, so that could be why???) And the side compartment is not integrated in my other boogie but rather separately attached - it is a totally different style though (the one with all the studs - quite rock style)

The seller says that the bag is bought from Celine manufacturer, so no receipt, and that the bag was kept in a store with other stuff so it has a smell... it came with the care booklet but then that could be from another bag??? Does Celine even sell to individuals?

I also never thought that there were copies of Boogies but ....????

Ah, just too good to be true, isnt it?
Last edited Feb 11, 2007 at 5:20am.
Feb 11, 2007, 5:17am   #14
lara0112
Oh I forgot, the leather sample hang off it with a string (not plastic) - but like all of you said, it is strange???

I will take pics of my bag, maybe these are not the same??? (which would be even worse....)

The number is similar style with my other bags - they only vary after the slash... but how these relate to the bags is not clear

Thanks again for all your help.
Last edited Feb 11, 2007 at 5:23am.
Feb 11, 2007, 5:30am   #15
lara0112
eBay: Brand New Authentic Elegant Celine Light Blue Handbag (Artikel 130077371489 endet 11.02.07 23:47:08 MEZ)

This is the seller's new auction - and have a look, this is what my sample tag looks like.

The weird thing is that either I refuse to believe it may be fake or my gut is just out of tune - I still think it is authentic???? (something wrong with me????) Maybe bec the seller is soo nice???? Oh, I am a fool - easy bait, he?
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > > >