POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 6, 2012, 8:54am   #4756
p
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by MarvelGirl
Congrats, that is wonderful! If you are lucky enough to find the one at 19 or 91, go for it. Life is too short!
Awww thankyou, and i completely agree- in marriage things will either work out or they won't, regardless of age. I wish Miley and Liam the best
Jun 6, 2012, 8:56am   #4757
yellow08's Avatar
Gone fishing...
Originally Posted by MarvelGirl
Really? Lol. Hmmm...I'm from the South and from my experience, that is just not the case any more - maybe many, many years ago but not so much now. So, it isn't what it currently is. Just don't want to stereotype a large group of people incorrectly.
I agree! My mom's side of the family all live in the South and I have yet to be invited to a teen-wedding or even early 20's wedding.

On another note, I do know people who got married young but not 19. One couple is still married but the others all have remarried. Marriage is tough and I know at 19, I didn't have maturity to comprehend the complexities of marriage.

I wish her well and I hope they surround themselves with people who will support and honor their marriage but at 19 getting married was the LAST THING on my MIND!
Jun 6, 2012, 8:56am   #4758
AEGIS's Avatar
lettin' them have it
Originally Posted by MarvelGirl
Really? Lol. Hmmm...I'm from the South and from my experience, that is just not the case any more - maybe many, many years ago but not so much now. So, it isn't what it currently is. Just don't want to stereotype a large group of people incorrectly.
I'm technically from the South too, and went to school in the South. so it was not "many years ago" since I'm still in my 20s and I notice this attitude. I was talking to my sorority sister about this the other day actually and she was like everyone looks at her crazy when she goes back home and she is unmarried and does not have children. i just think marriage might be more of a goal or a priority--which again is not a bad thing so i am not sure why the back and forth is even necessary. marriage is a beautiful thing and i am a strong believer in marriage.

anyway--it's not that deep. moving on. it was just a glib comment :) i wasn't trying to offend anyone. guess anytime someone expresses an opinion they need to preface it with "IMO" and "I have noticed" etc.
Last edited Jun 6, 2012 at 9:09am.
Jun 6, 2012, 9:01am   #4759
AEGIS's Avatar
lettin' them have it
Originally Posted by yellow08
I agree! My mom's side of the family all live in the South and I have yet to be invited to a teen-wedding or even early 20's wedding.

On another note, I do know people who got married young but not 19. One couple is still married but the others all have remarried. Marriage is tough and I know at 19, I didn't have maturity to comprehend the complexities of marriage.

I wish her well and I hope they surround themselves with people who will support and honor their marriage but at 19 getting married was the LAST THING on my MIND!
don't they also live together? or didn't her ex live with her and her parents? seems like she's in a rush to create her own family
Jun 6, 2012, 9:07am   #4760
chantal1922's Avatar
30 pounds down!
I think they are a little too young but I wish them the best.
Jun 6, 2012, 9:13am   #4761
yellow08's Avatar
Gone fishing...
Originally Posted by AEGIS
don't they also live together? or didn't her ex live with her and her parents? seems like she's in a rush to create her own family
I think they do live together. He's also becoming a bigger star (not saying that's a reason) while her career has stalled. Maybe, they think getting married will keep them focused in terms of the "distractions" that come with young Hollywood. I dunno, but if he grows into the next heartthrob or A-list actor she's going to have her hands full!
Jun 6, 2012, 9:14am   #4762
MarvelGirl's Avatar
Give God Glory
Originally Posted by AEGIS
I'm technically from the South too, and went to school in the South. so it was not "many years ago" since I'm still in my 20s and I notice this attitude. I was talking to my sorority sister about this the other day actually and she was like everyone looks at her crazy when she goes back home and she is unmarried and does not have children. i just think marriage might be more of a goal or a priority--which again is not a bad thing so i am not sure why the back and forth is even necessary. marriage is a beautiful thing and i am a strong believer in marriage.

anyway--it's not that deep. moving on. it was just a glib comment :) i wasn't trying to offend anyone. guess anytime someone expresses an opinion they need to preface it with "IMO" and "I have noticed" etc.
No worries, Aegis. No offense taken really. It's just that we have so many on this forum from around the world and in some cases, their only "view" of the South might be what we express here. I did not marry young (was 34) as it was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to finish college, see the world, live a bit. However, to each his own. It's all good. I hope it works out for Liam and Miley. Marriage is not easy - no matter what your age is.
Last edited Jun 6, 2012 at 9:24am.
Jun 6, 2012, 9:14am   #4763
AEGIS's Avatar
lettin' them have it
they may very well be engaged for several years and get married much later.
Jun 6, 2012, 9:22am   #4764
kittenslingerie's Avatar
Go Saints!
Originally Posted by platinum_girly
I'm happy for her, i got married just before my 20th birthday and over 7 years we are still madly in love.
Congrats! Similar story. My hubby and I met in our early 20's, 12 years ago and are still together. We married at 29 though and I'm even from the South ya'll. LOL! This is such an educational and sophisticated forum....
Jun 6, 2012, 9:23am   #4765
AEGIS's Avatar
lettin' them have it
Originally Posted by MarvelGirl
No worries, Aegis. No offense taken really. It's just that we have so many on this forum from around the world and in some cases, their only "view" of the South might be what we express here. I did not marry young as it was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to finish college, see the world, live a bit. However, to each his own. It's all good. I hope it works out for Liam and Miley. Marriage is not easy - no matter what your age is.

let's hug it out


interesting to note is that Liam's brothers are also both married. lol...maybe that Aussie family likes to be married :)
Jun 6, 2012, 9:35am   #4766
MarvelGirl's Avatar
Give God Glory
^Hugs backatcha!

You might be right about that. I think Chris got married in 2010 at 26. I had the pleasure of meeting him at work during filming for Thor and he is just so humble and grounded. If Liam is anything like him, Miley is indeed a very lucky young lady.
Jun 6, 2012, 9:40am   #4767
p
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by kittenslingerie
Congrats! Similar story. My hubby and I met in our early 20's, 12 years ago and are still together. We married at 29 though and I'm even from the South ya'll. LOL! This is such an educational and sophisticated forum....
Congrats to you too hun, i think it is wonderful when young love works out
Jun 6, 2012, 9:49am   #4768
luvs*it*'s Avatar
*~*Schoolin' Life*~*
*~*I wish them the best...congrats on their engagement!*~*
Jun 6, 2012, 9:59am   #4769
LadyLouboutin08's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by luvs*it*
*~*I wish them the best...congrats on their engagement!*~*
Ditto.

I won't go on and on about them being too young, it not lasting, etc because I don't know her. Marriage is hard work no matter how old or young you are. I truly wish them the best.

I wonder how long they're engagement will be.
Jun 6, 2012, 10:01am   #4770
luvs*it*'s Avatar
*~*Schoolin' Life*~*
Originally Posted by LadyLouboutin08
Ditto.

I won't go on and on about them being too young, it not lasting, etc because I don't know her. Marriage hard work no matter how old or young you are. I truly wish them the best.

I wonder how long they're engagement will be.
*~*Agreed, esp. with the bolded.*~*
POST A REPLY
  HOME Celebrity Forums Celebrity News and Gossip  
TOP

Thread Tools