Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Jan 11, 2007, 4:48am   #76
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
Originally Posted by madamefifi
You have to admire her courage. But IMO posing for Playboy is career suicide--a desparate last-ditch effort to remain in the public eye as it were. On the other hand...what career?
I see what you mean, but I think it depends on the person who poses. When Darva Conger posed she was obviously milking the last of her 15 minutes of fame.

I think Kelly would fall into the first category. (Although her giving a really good interview would be a lot more interesting.)

On the other hand, Marilyn Monroe posed. So did Jayne Mansfield.
Jan 11, 2007, 9:18am   #77
w
whistlerchic
Originally Posted by caitlin1214
On the other hand, Marilyn Monroe posed. So did Jayne Mansfield.
Different time, different era. Couldn't be farther from what Playboy is today. Whenever some starlette's flame is about to go out completely, in swoops Playboy with a promise to rejuvenate their dying career. It never works. They end up looking desperate and pathetic - which is exactly how Playboy wants them.
Jan 11, 2007, 9:35am   #78
karo
I don't think I want to see this.
Jan 11, 2007, 12:04pm   #79
LVShoeFan2
Mrs. Clay Matthews
Originally Posted by whistlerchic
Different time, different era. Couldn't be farther from what Playboy is today. Whenever some starlette's flame is about to go out completely, in swoops Playboy with a promise to rejuvenate their dying career. It never works. They end up looking desperate and pathetic - which is exactly how Playboy wants them.
Very true! So how long until Britney poses??
Jan 11, 2007, 4:54pm   #80
Coach Superfan
is playing catch up
Originally Posted by whistlerchic
Well Playboy is one of the more "classier" nudey mags. They've had the privilege to photograph revered movie stars such as Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield, but they've also made some bad decisions I.E. Darva Conger (who?? -Exactly).

I think her &#$^$ is the last thing that needs airbrushing. what about the other 48237sq. inches of her body?
Jan 11, 2007, 4:59pm   #81
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
I mentioned Darva Conger earlier. For those who don't know, she was on the 2000 Fox reality show "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?" She won. It turns out that Rick Rockwell was not, in fact, a millionaire, but a comedian. The marriage was over before it started, she posed for Playboy and it seems like both of them disappeared from the face of the earth.

(And I had to look up the guy's name.)
Jan 11, 2007, 5:04pm   #82
caitlin1214
Nasty Bish
I dont think it was a bad decision, I think they decide to go with who's popular. At the time, Who Wants To Marry a Millionaire? was very popular. Playboy wanted to cash in on that.

Which is not to nullify what people are saying. It's Playboy's job to ask people to be on the cover. It's the person's job to decide whether or not they want to pose. I think there are three kinds of people who decide to do Playboy:
People who are up and coming and want to use Playboy to further their career: Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield.

People who want to milk their 15 minutes of fame just a little longer: Darva Conger, the women from Survivor.

People who are at the last gasp of their career and want to do Playboy, hoping it'll save their career: Kelly Osbourne.
Jan 11, 2007, 5:13pm   #83
kalimarie
One word - GROSS!!!
Jan 11, 2007, 7:54pm   #84
keodi
save mode..on.
Originally Posted by Megs
Hum... good for her?? I am not sure what to say and still sound polite.
uh yeah I was wondering the same thing megs
Jan 11, 2007, 8:00pm   #85
rocksteadybaby
LV Addict
Come on girls give her a break!! Maybe she could break the barrier for the ideal playboy model. We all know that every woman doesn't look perfect like the ones on playboy. They all work done or they are totally airbrushed. I giver her props for being secured with herself and not being ashamed about her body image.
Jan 12, 2007, 11:38pm   #86
a
aritziababe
Jan 14, 2007, 10:32pm   #87
pinkprincessnat
Yikes! There's a scary idea
Jan 14, 2007, 10:52pm   #88
tdg19
Pass. =X
Jan 15, 2007, 1:41am   #89
poutine
i am just dumbfounded!!!!
Jan 24, 2007, 1:12am   #90
S
Son_Of_Krypton
Account Deactivated

Last year, Kelly was trying her way to appear on the Playboy magazine, but it turned out that Hugh Hefner insist "she is not naturally beautiful enough"......

"I can't see it happening somehow - we don't airbrush to that extent."

Playboy won't be the same anymore if it's happened.....

================================================== =====================

source: CelebrityWonder.com - The Latest Updates
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >