Home > >

Jackass Star Ryan Dunn Killed in Car Crash

POST A REPLY

Jun 20, 2011, 1:36pm   #1
iluvmybags
& My Motos & Shoes!
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b248...rss_topstories

Quote:
The Jackass family is dealing with a shocking loss.

Ryan Dunn, who costarred in all three Jackass films, was killed in an early morning car crash today in a Philadelphia suburb.

Police in West Goshen Township, Pa., confirm to E! News that the bearded daredevil and a passenger in his 2007 Porsche perished after the car flew off the road and burst into flames.

Authorities say speed may have been a factor.

In a statement on Twitter, MTV said the network was in mourning.
"We're deeply saddened by the passing of a member of the MTV family, Ryan Dunn," the message. "Our hearts and thoughts are with his friends and family."

April Margera, the mother of Jackass costar Bam Margera, told local Philly station Fox 29 that the accident occurred around 3 a.m. on Route 322. She described Dunn as "like a son" to her.

Hours before the crash, Dunn posted a picture of himself drinking with pals.
Dunn's wild skateboard tricks and other made-for-YouTube stunts caught the attention of Jackass producers, which led to his big break.

Aside from Jackass and spinoffs like Viva La Bam and Bam's Unholy Union, Dunn fronted the revenge-minded MTV reality series Homewrecker and G4's Proving Ground. He also appeared in Jessica Simpson's Blonde Ambition and on NBC's Law & Order: SVU.

Attached Images

Jun 20, 2011, 1:38pm   #2
iluvmybags
& My Motos & Shoes!
http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/cops-r...-pemmsylvania/

Quote:
"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was the driver in this morning's fatal crash ... this according to cops who also say Dunn's car was "fully engulfed in flames" when officials arrived to the scene.

The West Goshen Township Police Department says officers found Dunn's 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 "off the road and in the woods."

Both Dunn and his passenger "died as a result of injuries sustained in the accident." Cops will release more information on the passenger once officials can positively identify the body.

Cops say "speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident."

An investigation into the crash is ongoing.

As TMZ previously reported, Dunn tweeted a photo of himself drinking with friends hours before the accident.
Jun 20, 2011, 1:43pm   #3
B
BagOuttaHell
Drinking right before. Oh boy.

I read they were only able to ID him from his tats.

Regardless may they both RIP.
Jun 20, 2011, 1:49pm   #4
sparrows1
The picture of the car in the article is awful. He was always my favorite from those shows/movies :(
Jun 20, 2011, 2:09pm   #5
r
reddawn515
Can they tell if he was drunk??
Jun 20, 2011, 2:11pm   #6
~Fabulousity~
oh no may he RIP
Jun 20, 2011, 2:14pm   #7
sweetfacespout
inspiration nation
This is so sad! May he rest in peace.
Jun 20, 2011, 2:17pm   #8
NY_Mami
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!.... I used to love him on Viva La Bam....
Jun 20, 2011, 2:43pm   #9
MM83
Originally Posted by reddawn515
Can they tell if he was drunk??

They'll have to do tissue samples...on what is left. We had a friend die in a similar accident a while back. They couldn't even use his dental records.

Ryan was my favorite, I always had a crush on him. This news is so sad.
Jun 20, 2011, 3:23pm   #10
Sweetpea83
✘♥✘♥
How sad..
Jun 20, 2011, 3:47pm   #11
k
kirsten
He was my favorite out of the Jackasses. How sad. Wish he would have made better decisions like not to get behind the wheel while intoxicated though.
Jun 20, 2011, 5:41pm   #12
pmburk
The pics of that car... ugh. There's just nothing left. It mentions an unidentified passenger also dead at the scene.
Jun 20, 2011, 6:10pm   #13
ByeKitty
Literally amazing!
RIP... He always seemed like a nice guy..
Jun 20, 2011, 9:55pm   #14
a
angellina2281
RIP, he was my favorite too....so sad :(
Jun 20, 2011, 11:23pm   #15
oceansportrait
Oh no. I saw him on "Minute to Win It" lately with his Jackass co-star Steve-O to raise money for charity, and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. That's terrible :(
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >