Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Aug 17, 2012, 2:06pm   #316
Ladybug09
So Sweet!
there was nothing wrong with Bill, Guilana health issues has no determination of the sex.
Aug 17, 2012, 2:40pm   #317
pinkfeet
I could see them doing this as G is very structured, controlling etc. I am sure the next child will then be a girl.. the " perfect " family.

I liked G for awhile but what threw me was her whole Kardashian-esqueness of herself for the past few years and when she went to get the last of her eggs frozen before her surgery or going on those meds? I forget but it was the last chance to get them and she had some " event " to cover, the Dr said no NOW is the time and she tried to reschedule to cover some red carpet BS event.

Seriously, get your priorities in order. Bill put his foot down then and I can see him doing it a lot more when the baby comes and I can see it ending their relationship in the future, she is career driven / celeb driven that nothing will stop in her way. Baby, husband, eating, nothing.
Aug 17, 2012, 3:49pm   #318
bisbee
Best Bubbie
I already know more than I want or need to know about how they were able to have a baby - I don't need to speculate on whether or not they did anything additional to raise their chances to have a boy.

If I were in their place, after being forced to have medicine intervene in so many areas, I think I'd pass on gender selection, but I'm not in their place, and they seem to enjoy opening their lives to the public (and profiting from it). Although...I am an optimist, and I like to think they appreciate the possibility that being so open could possibly help someone else...
Aug 17, 2012, 9:12pm   #319
Swanky Mama Of Three
^I agree. I'm not inherently cynical, so I don't assume they selected the gender. I think they're grateful to be expecting at all.
Aug 17, 2012, 10:54pm   #320
twin-fun
SPECTRUM MOM
I just hope she'll stop saying "You know what I mean?" so much on Fashion Police...
Aug 17, 2012, 11:14pm   #321
HauteMama
I guess I wouldn't see the big deal if they DID do gender selection. If you talk to expecting women, most of them really do have a preference. Sure, once they have their baby they get over whatever preconceived notions they had and they can't imagine having anything other than the gender they had, but most women will admit that before or when they were pregnant they wanted a girl or a boy more. If gender selection were as easy as pressing a button, I would bet that at least half, and maybe even a majority of people would take advantage of it.

I know nothing about how this pregnancy occurred, so I am not saying she DID select for gender. I am just saying that I wouldn't judge if she did choose. It would be a difficult temptation to resist for many people if they were given the opportunity, IMO.
Aug 18, 2012, 7:15am   #322
KarraAnn
Mrs. KarraAnn!
Idk, unless there are other options for doing gender selection I just don't see it with these two. I am no expert but I know you can "sort" to an extent sperm by males and females and use a majority of sperm of the gender you want. However, (and like I said I'm no expert) it seems like sorting and separating and all that would make you less likely to get pregnant all together? And I absolutely don't see them aborting a fetus because it wasn't the gender they preferred. Like I said I am no expert, these are just a few methods that came up on google. I just can't see them being that picky when it was so hard for them to get pregnant in the first place. I have more faith in humanity (especially celebs) then most people do.

This may be an old wives tale but I have heard that the closer you have sex to ovulation the more likely you are to conceive a boy. Male sperm are faster and female sperm can survive longer. So based on fact method of fertility they used. It seems like a boy would be more likely anyways.
Aug 18, 2012, 8:24am   #323
skislope15
I doubt they did gender selection, they had so few eggs frozen I don't see them risking any to try and pick a gender. In the show she said she secretly was hoping it was a girl and he hoped for a boy, doesn't sound like they knew.
After there well documented struggles to conceive I'm sure there just so happy to be having one of there own anyways.
Aug 18, 2012, 2:09pm   #324
labelwhore04
I don't know where the idea that they did gender selection came up. They both wanted kids so badly and for so long, they were probably so ecstatic to even have a baby that i doubt they would care what sex it was..
Aug 18, 2012, 8:54pm   #325
j
jacqualyn2
^ ditto!
Aug 18, 2012, 8:56pm   #326
labelwhore04
Plus neither of them ever vocalized that they desperately wanted a boy. Pretty sure Bill wanted a boy and she wanted a girl, so if they didn't even want the same thing, why would they do gender selection? Makes no sense.
Aug 19, 2012, 6:24am   #327
KarraAnn
Mrs. KarraAnn!
Originally Posted by labelwhore04
I don't know where the idea that they did gender selection came up. They both wanted kids so badly and for so long, they were probably so ecstatic to even have a baby that i doubt they would care what sex it was..
Yea it was a pretty random accusation....

I keep checking back here for baby news! Can't wait!
Aug 21, 2012, 7:41pm   #328
Swanky Mama Of Three
http://celebritybabies.people.com/20...arriving-soon/

Bill and Giuliana Rancic will become parents any day now.

The E! News host, 37, and her reality TV star husband are eagerly anticipating the arrival of their first child, a son, via gestational surrogate. And they’re traveling to his birth place to be ready for the big day.

“Waiting for that call any day now!” Bill, 41, Tweeted on Tuesday. The day before, he and Giuliana flew to Colorado, where their son will be born, for a “babymoon” prior to the baby’s arrival.

“We’re setting up shop in Vail,” Bill recently told TooFab.com, explaining that their surrogate will deliver in Denver.

“We’re going to just chill out there until the little guy comes … He could come in 10 days, he could come in two weeks. He’s really going to dictate how long our babymoon is.”

Giuliana underwent a double lumpectomy in October and a double mastectomy in December after being diagnosed with breast cancer. The disease was discovered in the early stages while the couple were undergoing their third round of in-vitro fertilization.
Aug 21, 2012, 8:00pm   #329
DC-Cutie
A friend of mine works at E! And she called me saying "We're (colleagues) all tired of hearing about this baby!". I can only imagine.
Aug 21, 2012, 8:25pm   #330
B
Belle49
Account Deactivated
^^ Seriously! I'm tired of hearing about it as well even though I'm very happy for them!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >