Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

What's the best thing in your office?

POST A REPLY

May 2, 2012, 1:51am   #46
k
kirsten
The whole atmosphere and culture. It is very laid back and you can even bring your dogs to work with you. :)
May 7, 2012, 7:13pm   #47
D
Dianabanana12
Account Deactivated
No Dress code, so I can wear jeans whenever I want and I have my own office now at my current job (been here for about 3 weeks) and I have my own office so i can close the door and be at peace with myself lol
May 8, 2012, 1:54pm   #48
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
no IT department to watch what i'm doing online!
and my boss isn't savvy enough to snoop either. so as long as i get my crap done (which i'm a fast worker) i spend about 90% of my work day online.

having my own office is a nice perk as well. i never shut the door but sometimes i'd like to.
May 8, 2012, 11:14pm   #49
nygrl
all you need is love
The Keurig coffee machine! And the dress code is pretty relaxed too. It's supposed to be business casual, but people get away with wearing jeans because there's no HR dept. in the office.
May 14, 2012, 7:50am   #50
a
anathames
Originally Posted by tangowithme
My coworkers, every one of them.

It's a dozen of us here at an outpost, a country removed from headquarters. I'm the only woman, plus the oldest by far at nearly 60.

As my mother was dying, when she passed away, the horrible aftermath of it all with interhitance - they've stood by me, listened, gave hugs as needed.

There are times someone brings in a whole cheesecake, or we all pitch in and order pizza or pasta for lunch. Wives plus little kids come by to get to meet the rest of the crew.

We work hard despite the cheesecake, many overtimes hours (ours is a crazy business, aircraft maintenance). If we couldn't depend on one another, on each other's kindness and fairness, we'd sink like a stone.
Wow!!! Felt pleased to hear that you have so much friendly coworkers. It's fun to work if you have nice people working around with you. But, most of the offices have annoying colleagues; dealing with them becomes another challenge at the office.
May 15, 2012, 1:45am   #51
Miss Evy Rocks!
♥ RISING PHOENIX ♥
Not an office, but a classroom and the best thing? Definitely the drawings that my kids make for me and the boards with projects we have made together
May 15, 2012, 10:06pm   #52
Jadeite
Mental Discipline
I'm amazed, there are so many nice things going on in your offices.
in my office the design and decor is nice. The best thing is probably the coffee machines at every nook and cranny. Would love to be able to bring a pet to work though.
May 16, 2012, 1:22am   #53
ms-whitney
shopaholic
probably the candy drawer. one of my coworkers would go and buy bags of gummy worms, cola cola, gummy bears, etc.

second would be the kitchen, almost every week theres something yummy one of the higher ups eg making more money, will bring, fruit tarts, Krispy Kreme, jack in the box, extreme pizza, Kate's kupcakes, box of assorted biscuits, frozen yogurt..just to name a few.

the conference room is really nice to sleep in when no ones using it
May 16, 2012, 7:33pm   #54
Pinkdancer
Want. Want. Want.
Originally Posted by Miss Evy Rocks!
Not an office, but a classroom and the best thing? Definitely the drawings that my kids make for me and the boards with projects we have made together
This makes me smile

Best things about my office:
-LOTS of sunlight. It helps having windows!
-Great places to eat nearby (including a really good sushi place)
-Helpful, respectful co-workers. We all help one another out
-Free coffee/hot chocolate/tea--can't complain!
May 16, 2012, 8:44pm   #55
lovinalotofbags
In for the long haul
My supervisor, my co-workers. We laugh and we have fun. I can get OTC meds. The nurses and doctors are super. Lunch just about everyday from pharmaceutical reps, which makes it a bit difficult to stay on a diet.
May 16, 2012, 10:27pm   #56
ms-whitney
shopaholic
^ I remember those days!

we'd get a menu and jot down whatever we wanted and the reps will buy..if they don't deliver then they'd pick it up themselves

I worked at a plastic surgery office and was able to get free eyelash serum..I think if I was still in that line twenty years later I'd take advantage of the other stuff too or maybe not..I have a fear of needles in me..poking others is no problem tho
May 17, 2012, 12:31pm   #57
terps08
We have a doctor downstairs - such a time saver! Exercise and other classes (i.e. time management, financial, etc)!
May 17, 2012, 3:16pm   #58
sw0pp
the people, frequent change of experiences and possibilities
Jun 18, 2012, 12:40am   #59
pr1nc355
Orange Pyramid
The generous salary and benefits package, the short commute, and the proximity of great restaurants and shops...and of course, my patients (most of them anyway)
Jun 18, 2012, 2:43am   #60
KathSummers
Everything! Haha :) my coworkers are the BEST, our office is equipped with the latest technology (for example we use ipads put on the walls to control temperature, light, etc.) we travel A LOT but only for fun team buildings (we are based in Europe and we travel to Vegas once a year for example) Salaries are great, what else can I say, this is the best company Ive ever worked for!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >