Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

What do you do for a living?

POST A REPLY

Nov 29, 2012, 9:55pm   #1636
CCole187
Originally Posted by BunnyLady4
Nothing world-changing. Just a good, old-fashioned secretary (part-time)
That IS world changing - invaluable!
Nov 29, 2012, 10:01pm   #1637
nessie805
Originally Posted by twin-fun
I work as an educational advocate for parents of children with disabilities whose kids are enrolled in public schools. I make sure that the kids receive the kind of education and support to which they are legally entitled and hold school and district administrators accountable. It's tiring and I often come home crying after I talked to parents whose non verbal kids have been abused, physically, mentally, and emotionally by so called educators. But so, so rewarding...
Definitly all worth it! We definitly need more women like you.
Dec 4, 2012, 12:30am   #1638
ClassicFab
the shade of it all
Originally Posted by twin-fun
I work as an educational advocate for parents of children with disabilities whose kids are enrolled in public schools. I make sure that the kids receive the kind of education and support to which they are legally entitled and hold school and district administrators accountable. It's tiring and I often come home crying after I talked to parents whose non verbal kids have been abused, physically, mentally, and emotionally by so called educators. But so, so rewarding...
Originally Posted by nessie805
Definitly all worth it! We definitly need more women like you.
I agree! I recently saw a special on Dateline or the local news (can't remember) where they profiled physical discipline in schools. Most of the kids had disabilities and were treated horribly. One woman actually lost her son after the school staff claimed that they were restraining him. Tears welled up in my eyes, we definitely need more like you, twin-fun.
Dec 4, 2012, 12:51am   #1639
wenmarin
Sahm :)
Dec 4, 2012, 12:15pm   #1640
psulion08
I want it all
HR coordinator :-)
Dec 10, 2012, 2:41am   #1641
s
sangrmahlia
architect and designer who enjoys looking at beautiful bags for inspiration :)
i, however, have yet to succeed in making them mere inspirations instead of bank-breaking habit they have become now. but hey, it will be my YOLO thing.
Dec 18, 2012, 2:00pm   #1642
serene
Vintage since '08
I'm now working for an EU agency. First I thought this is so me and was asking around for a more permanent position, but now not so sure anymore.. do I really want to be out of my mind every 3 or 5 years wondering is my contract being renewed or am I being sacked, since there is no "permanent" positions in these agencies
Dec 19, 2012, 10:59am   #1643
B
Bratty1919
FT student, part-time teacher & tutor.
Dec 19, 2012, 3:01pm   #1644
blackbeltshoppr
♥♥♥
Fundraiser for a non-profit media company. After almost ten years, I'm currently looking to switch careers and get into HR! Excited to start down a new path.
Dec 21, 2012, 12:59pm   #1645
Tsumori
I'm working in the Media & Marketing Comms field. The lethal combination of media relations and marketing
Dec 22, 2012, 4:01am   #1646
blushnkisses
Part time RN, full time grad student. Graduating with MSN spring 2013!
Dec 30, 2012, 12:17am   #1647
M
Momos preloved
I used to manage a discount outlet store a small business with only two stores. I did that for four years. Now I've taken the plunge and have my own store. Its a lot of work, but quite rewarding.

Any other business owners out there?
Dec 30, 2012, 11:54am   #1648
CCole187
Originally Posted by Momos preloved
I used to manage a discount outlet store a small business with only two stores. I did that for four years. Now I've taken the plunge and have my own store. Its a lot of work, but quite rewarding.

Any other business owners out there?
Congrats to you! Owning your own business is rewarding. I own my own business as well. I use to be a teacher then went into sales and marketing. Was diagnosed with cancer and had to quit my job. Doctors said no one would ever hire me again because I was too big of a risk . Decided to start my own business while I was home recovering from surgery. Best decision I ever made. 17+ years and cancer free. God has blessed me immeasurably!
Dec 30, 2012, 2:30pm   #1649
allurella
elise
full time student! i work at a bookstore during breaks.
Jan 1, 2013, 9:11pm   #1650
hermes_lemming
my little etoupe
I boss around engineers
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >