Home The Playground Career and Workplace

Thank You Gift for Boss

POST A REPLY

Dec 5, 2011, 6:59pm   #1
d
Hi ladies,

I need some help from you all as I prepare to leave me job.

To give you a little background, I've been in the same position for three years working under the same boss. I'm now preparing to transfer to a different department in a different city, so while I'll be with the same company I'll no longer have any interaction with my boss. It's a little early to predict this, but I'm pretty sure he's the best boss I'll ever have. He's done so much for me career-wise, including helping me secure my upcoming transfer even though it will be tough for him to lose me from his department.

My question is, is it appropriate to give a boss a thank you gift before you leave a job? It sounds kind of weird to me in theory but I'd love to get him something small and thoughtful before I leave.

TIA!!
Dec 5, 2011, 7:24pm   #2
b
J. lee
I think it's fine and a nice gesture! I have done it in the past with a former Boss I was really close with and we're still friends today.
Dec 6, 2011, 1:28am   #3
Shopaholic
Yes - I think it's a lovely idea and definitely something I'd do
Dec 6, 2011, 3:46am   #4
Handbags and Horses
Its a good idea! for one because Itll show your appreciation, and it will also make a great ending to your working relationship.
Dec 6, 2011, 4:46pm   #5
i think a thank you gift would be appropriate. your boss did you a favor by facilitating a transfer even though it would hurt his group.
Dec 7, 2011, 1:24pm   #6
d
Ok great! Thanks for the input!
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Career and Workplace