Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
POST A REPLY

Jun 19, 2012, 12:36am   #31
lichiave
Drama Mama
Originally Posted by Sternchen
This sounds gross, but I know that there are people at my work who actually nap in the bathroom stalls. Google it, there's all types of tips and tricks on how to use a roll of toilet paper as a pillow, LOL
*raises hands* During my second pregnancy, I was so fatigued that I fell asleep in the office bathroom. I got rudely awakened by the flush in the next stall. I'm comforted by the fact that our office bathroom is cleaned three times a day by a very fastidious cleaner

BTW, your user pic is hilarious. Love it!
Jun 19, 2012, 6:07pm   #32
thepoppet
wind sylph
Originally Posted by ~Fabulousity~
Jun 20, 2012, 9:11am   #33
Sternchen
Originally Posted by lichiave
*raises hands* During my second pregnancy, I was so fatigued that I fell asleep in the office bathroom. I got rudely awakened by the flush in the next stall. I'm comforted by the fact that our office bathroom is cleaned three times a day by a very fastidious cleaner

BTW, your user pic is hilarious. Love it!
haha! It's totaly not possible at my job - I must work with a bunch of swine because that bathroom is NOT clean and the things people do / noises they make (not even bodily noises!) is just...uigh!
Jun 20, 2012, 1:36pm   #34
ChiChi143
Not allowed to nap at my job. You would get written up the first time and possibly fired second time.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Jun 20, 2012, 9:08pm   #35
juneping
couch potato-ing
i once was dozing off right in front of a manager when he was telling me what to do...he was staring at me with amaze. i ate too much at lunch...

and i used to have a coworker would just doze off at his desk...gosh, he reminded me of a cat....it was quite common for him to do so. once his manager told him out loud to wash his face...but he still dozed off....hahaha...
Jun 21, 2012, 12:09am   #36
lucretias
I am the one that I want!
i have my own office and God willing I always will. I work as a therapist so I need my own office for privacy in seeing clients. That also means privacy to take a nap! I don't know if we are "allowed" but I get my work done and when I feel I need it or can I will take a nap. Sometimes, it's just better to take a nap then try to be productive and end up making mistakes in documentation or not be able to focus in session. Unfortunatley, I've never had an office with a couch. I am sure I would have used it more than any of my clients and I've actually had an office with space for a nice long one. My office now, unfortunately barely fit me and my desk!
Jun 23, 2012, 12:23am   #37
LoVeinLA
Paris 2014 or Bust
A co-worker fell asleep in a mtg and started snoring. In front if his boss. Then I broke out in the giggles the rest of the mtg.
Jun 23, 2012, 11:18am   #38
m
meganfm
Originally Posted by LoVeinLA
A co-worker fell asleep in a mtg and started snoring. In front if his boss. Then I broke out in the giggles the rest of the mtg.
Haha I remember this happened to a student in a class back in high school-he was sleeping in the front row with his head propped up on his hand. However, his hand slipped out and he smashed his head on the desk-he woke up in a daze with a massive red mark on his head and the teacher was on the floor in tears laughing!
Jun 23, 2012, 12:00pm   #39
bnjj
♪ Jovi Junkie ♪
I had a co-worker who always fell asleep in meetings but he had Narcolepsy and couldn't help it.

I have a new co-worker who often crawls under her desk in her cube to rest. In an office, maybe but in a cube farm??
Jun 25, 2012, 1:55pm   #40
glistenpearls
Ex-Sydneysider
When I was pregnant with my twins, I used to take a nap in my car at lunch time and wake up when the alarm went off. Thank goodness for parking garage and fall/winter pregnancy.
Jul 2, 2012, 7:39pm   #41
PropaFly
My last company had a quiet room. Not sure I ever really fell asleep but there were a few occassions when i did sit in the dark quiet for 15-20 min to clear my head.
Aug 6, 2012, 12:48am   #42
LVBagLady
I live close enough to work, that I can go home on my lunch and take a nice nap.
Aug 7, 2012, 5:57am   #43
CocoMeow
Im shocked so many of you can get away with napping at work, must be some slack jobs! lol. Anywhere Ive worked there was always a watchful eye or people around, due dates/expectations that couldnt be met if you slacked off and of course repercussions.. I could never get away with a nap! lol
Aug 7, 2012, 8:43pm   #44
m
meganfm
Originally Posted by CocoMeow
Im shocked so many of you can get away with napping at work, must be some slack jobs! lol. Anywhere Ive worked there was always a watchful eye or people around, due dates/expectations that couldnt be met if you slacked off and of course repercussions.. I could never get away with a nap! lol
I think it depends when it happens-if it's during your regular break, I don't think there is much that can be said (unless you fell asleep in the open where a manager may be concerned about how it appears to anyone walking by).
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >