POST A REPLY

Jan 10, 2012, 12:34pm   #1
so I have decided to make changes to my job situation in 2012 (only NY resolution)

there are two possibilities: staying in the current profession but moving to another country with better pay

or staying at the current job but starting my own business (not the same and needs some capital)

we are back and forth on this issue for a couple of years now but I have decided that this year is my personal deadline on this.

any input on opening a business, and how you made your career decisions would be greatly appreciated.
May 2, 2012, 6:20am   #2
c
The only way to make a career decision is to let your interests guide you. Of course, you should also have an aptitude for it or things can go horribly wrong. The other thing to keep in mind is the demand for the field you want to make a career in. In case of starting a business, look to provide services or products that have a high demand and low supply.

As for ideas on starting a business, I would suggest something with low startup cost like medical transcription. It’s likely that you already have the infrastructure in place needed for setting up this business (a computer, Internet connection and a fixed phone line). The only other requirement would be to get a formal training in the field. You may want to take a look at the Career Step medical transcription training course for that!
Jun 23, 2012, 2:44am   #3
k
if you have enough experience to start a business, I would go for that option. I feel that people who start a business earlier in life have a better chance of making it big.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Career and Workplace