POST A REPLY

Jan 9, 2012, 10:43pm   #31
Question to all:

Under a suit, for a job interview, do you HAVE to wear a typical button-down blouse (collar over the suit and all). I saw some cute shells today while shopping (I've attached one I actually bought), but was wondering what everyone thought. Maybe wear the typical button down in a "safe" color for the interview, and save the shells for the work-place?

I am in the science field, so I apply mainly for laboratory/testing (supervisory) positions (I'm 27, if that helps!).
Attached Images

Jan 9, 2012, 10:47pm   #32
Originally Posted by GingerSnap527
Question to all:

Under a suit, for a job interview, do you HAVE to wear a typical button-down blouse (collar over the suit and all). I saw some cute shells today while shopping (I've attached one I actually bought), but was wondering what everyone thought. Maybe wear the typical button down in a "safe" color for the interview, and save the shells for the work-place?

I am in the science field, so I apply mainly for laboratory/testing (supervisory) positions (I'm 27, if that helps!).
I don't think so! I wore an adorable cream and black satin shell under my suit to my NHL interview & was hired immediately! Sports tend to be so male-dominated, I had to try to retain some of my femininity. Plus I just do not look good or feel comfortable in a blouse. I felt much more confident in the satin shell! I say if it looks appropriate with the suit and you feel confident in it, go for it!
Jan 10, 2012, 6:35am   #33
E
Originally Posted by meganfm
That's what I do, because I only have 2 handbags-one is a very small Aldo cross body and the other is my red Balenciaga city, which is too flashy for interviews. I only had to bring my resume, but I put that in a plastic folder and carried that separately from my purse.

I used to carry it inside but I found that things always get a bit crushed! I'd rather carry all my important interview documents in my hand instead.

Thanks for the reply :) Well I think I'll end up doing that too. Now I wonder, maybe I'm overthinking the whole interview outfit issue?
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Career and Workplace