Home Premier Designers Burberry

What are KEY staple Burberry pieces every girl should have?

POST A REPLY

Sep 17, 2012, 8:07pm   #31
o
I have a quilted jacket and had a scarf that I accidentally donated to Salvation Army! I would probably also add a trench coat to that but I already own a gorgeous one from Coach. Currently trying to decide how I want to replace my previous scarf.
Sep 17, 2012, 8:15pm   #32
I think a Burberry headband. It's practical & get's the point across. I finally found one & bought it! I am so anxious to get it!
Oct 15, 2012, 3:11am   #33
l
burberry scarf!
Oct 15, 2012, 6:26pm   #34
e
I have a quilted jacket and cashmere scarf that I love. I just bought a classic trench because I thought it was a staple. For some reason, I'm not impressed with it. It doesn't give me that wow factor I was hoping for. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the money and don't see the look of it being THAT much better than a lower designer(like banana rep). I thought I was going to love it but when it arrived to my house I was just disappointed. Has anyone else gotten this feeling?
Oct 15, 2012, 8:24pm   #35
loves pink!!!
I have my duffle coat but kind of want a trench. I am also tempted by the ultra-soft cashmere scarves, but they are pricey ($500+).
Oct 18, 2012, 4:53am   #36
A Classic check bag or one from the Prorsum collection, a wallet, a scarf definitely, and no doubt Burberry's iconic trench coat!
Oct 25, 2012, 8:52pm   #37
M
question...for those of you who have the classic brit quilted jacket, how is it holding up? How long have you had it and how often do you use it? Any special maintenance/care tips?

Thanks in advance!
Oct 26, 2012, 9:30am   #38
p
Originally Posted by Makeup119
question...for those of you who have the classic brit quilted jacket, how is it holding up? How long have you had it and how often do you use it? Any special maintenance/care tips?

Thanks in advance!
I have a couple as do my mother and sister and we've all had no issues. My oldest one I've had for about 4 years and I've had no issues with it. I use mine fairly often and I've worn it countless times in the rain. It's a casual jacket for me so I don't take special care of it or keep it in a garment bag like I keep my lighter colored and more expensive jackets.
Oct 26, 2012, 8:29pm   #39
j
Originally Posted by ehy210
I have a quilted jacket and cashmere scarf that I love. I just bought a classic trench because I thought it was a staple. For some reason, I'm not impressed with it. It doesn't give me that wow factor I was hoping for. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the money and don't see the look of it being THAT much better than a lower designer(like banana rep). I thought I was going to love it but when it arrived to my house I was just disappointed. Has anyone else gotten this feeling?
I tried different brands of trenches (and the Banana Republic ones too), and the Burberry trench was an expensive item that I thought was worth the money. But I did find that the same stye trench fit differently depending on the color and the particular trench that I tried - weird, but that was my experience. Nevertheless, I did think the one that fit me perfectly had a wow factor as compared to other trench coats - the tailoring and detail is just the best IMO.
I'm curious which trench color and style did you buy, and why you don't like it that much?
Last edited Oct 26, 2012 at 8:41pm.
Oct 27, 2012, 11:20am   #40
S
Originally Posted by jess236
I tried different brands of trenches (and the Banana Republic ones too), and the Burberry trench was an expensive item that I thought was worth the money. But I did find that the same stye trench fit differently depending on the color and the particular trench that I tried - weird, but that was my experience. Nevertheless, I did think the one that fit me perfectly had a wow factor as compared to other trench coats - the tailoring and detail is just the best IMO.
I'm curious which trench color and style did you buy, and why you don't like it that much?
Yes, I agree with Jess.

ehy - You should return the trench you're not happy with. Keep looking and I'm sure you'll eventually find the one which looks perfect on you.

As with Jess, in my experience when you find the right Burberry, you'll want to wear it always and it will make you feel like a million dollars. Don't settle for anything less.
Oct 27, 2012, 2:07pm   #41
e
Originally Posted by jess236
When I tried it on in store, it was nice. But, when I actually took it home, it just wasn't the same. I felt like it wasn't very tailored. I got the Buckingham trench in Honey. I also thought the material was a little on the thinner side. Overall, the fit wasn't perfect so I took it back. I did get it for a good deal- around $930 on sale (originally $1295)- too bad I wasn't happy with it because I really wanted to love it. I know the trenches all fit a littler different so I'll keep searching.
Oct 27, 2012, 4:24pm   #42
These do elevate my wardrobe... The clutch came with a tote bag n the boots I searched for 4ever, finally found them at an out for around $400 down from $1400.

Name:  image-4104451719.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  176.5 KB

Name:  image-3549732340.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  319.8 KB

Can't forget my fave bathing suit. Oh and the watch
Last edited Oct 27, 2012 at 5:11pm.
Oct 28, 2012, 2:21pm   #43
j
Originally Posted by ehy210
When I tried it on in store, it was nice. But, when I actually took it home, it just wasn't the same. I felt like it wasn't very tailored. I got the Buckingham trench in Honey. I also thought the material was a little on the thinner side. Overall, the fit wasn't perfect so I took it back. I did get it for a good deal- around $930 on sale (originally $1295)- too bad I wasn't happy with it because I really wanted to love it. I know the trenches all fit a littler different so I'll keep searching.
This is the trench that I tried - black but the longer version just above the knees (It's called the "Manston" but with the wider cuffs).
http://ca.burberry.com/store/trench-...f-trench-coat/
You could always have the trench tailored, but I just prefer to have it fit perfectly off the rack.
If you are still interested in a trench, don't give up - I think they are really worth it!
Oct 28, 2012, 9:33pm   #44
Speedys > men
Scarf
Trench
Umbrella
Rain boots
fragrance
Oct 28, 2012, 9:38pm   #45
e
Of course the scarf. Every girl should have one!! :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Burberry