Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

My FIRST Burberry Bag! Old-fashioned? OMG

POST A REPLY

Jun 23, 2011, 5:04pm   #1
DeliciousKiwi
LV~~Lover
Hello Ladies,

I just purchased my first burberry tote bag and I'm kinda concerned! Is this Nova Check old-fashioned? Shall I return it and get a bag with the haymarket design? Does this tote look fake?????

Please help me decide!!!! I also bought this pair of slides too to match the tote bag as an everyday look! Please tell me what you think! Is this style old-fashioned? I'm 31 years old :)

Thanks!
Attached Images

Jun 23, 2011, 8:29pm   #2
AutumnJade
I love it but if you're not crazy about then maybe you should get something you are in love with.
Jun 23, 2011, 8:32pm   #3
KatsBags
I think it's a classic pattern and looks great on you
Jun 23, 2011, 8:54pm   #4
pointe1134
Hmm...maybe I'm old fashioned but I think both are great! I love the classic styles, so I feel like they transcend any age bracket!
Jun 23, 2011, 9:42pm   #5
FreshLilies
Live. Laugh. Love.
Congrats! First of all, Nova check is amazing and definitely not dated. However, I see what you are saying about the bag looking "fake." It's a very plain and simple design. Great for everyday but maybe you would be happier with something that had more leather/details?
Jun 23, 2011, 10:02pm   #6
A
Antares6
Account Deactivated
I thinks it a classic style, nothing "old" about it. Shoes are fabulous, imo. I would wear this and I'm in my 30s. Of course, if you don't like it, get something you will enjoy wearing but as far as these go, both shoes and bag look great
Jun 24, 2011, 6:29am   #7
dinitegrity
Cultivating
It is NOT OLD FASHIONED. Must a classic retro feel it gives
Jun 24, 2011, 9:25am   #8
O
OVincze
This is NOT the Nova check, did you get this bag at an authorized store?
Jun 24, 2011, 9:28am   #9
O
OVincze
OP, sorry what I meant is it is not what Nova check totes today look like, it may be an older design perhaps. As to whether it looks fake, I am not sure, it may because it is an older design. The Nova today have a different pattern and the base is more of a pinkish nude instead of beige. They can vary too though; my shoes are more beige based but my tote is definitely more of a flesh color. I would say either post on the authenticate thread or best get your Burberries at authorized retailers when on sale for example because then you can be sure.
Jun 5, 2012, 11:41am   #10
M
Michelllim9
Congrats!
Jul 12, 2012, 10:58am   #11
j
juneoesque
yeah congrats!
Jul 24, 2012, 1:03pm   #12
b
blueberry1337
Looks amazing on you! Congratulations :)
Jul 25, 2012, 2:34am   #13
s
scraping_by
I don't think it looks dated or old. It looks classy and classic. :) It doesn't look fake. I like the older nova check ones. They don't have the problem of color transfer from dark clothes as easily as the newer nova check ones they have these days. Much congratulations. I love the shoes too. :)
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >