Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Burberry SCARF Reference Guide

POST A REPLY

Jan 1, 2008, 9:03pm   #1
Addy
The Odd Mod
Please feel free to post pics of your authentic scarves and tags (please watermark them) and confirmed fake scarves and tags.

Please use the attachment function so the pics remain in the thread. Have fun!

NO chatter!

This thread contains reference information on Burberry scarves.

Please note that the material contained herein is NOT the opinion of tPF owners nor can they be held liable for any errors or omissions.

This is a "work in progress" so information will be added or edited as it becomes available.

As always, if you want to be sure that you are purchasing an authentic Burberry scarf, please buy directly from Burberry or authorized dealers such as Neiman Marcus and Net-A-Porter.
Last edited Jan 29, 2009 at 10:12am.
Jan 14, 2008, 11:12pm   #2
Addy
The Odd Mod
Ah... is there nothing more fashionable than a gorgy Burberry scarf?!

They run the gamet from silky sheer silks that float on the neck...

to warm cozy wool...

to the fabulously soft cashmere...

Not to be outdone, the gents have the opportunity to adorn themselves too as many of the colors of the wool and cashmere scarves are unisex.

My DH absolutely loved the masculine colors of this handsome cashmere... (my umbrella just had to get into the picture! lol)

There are so many colors, I have a hard time keeping track if a certain one was made. My visits to the local boutique always surprise me with the array of available colors. Even the "child's" scarf selection was vast. Decisions, decisions!
Attached Images

Jan 14, 2008, 11:57pm   #3
Addy
The Odd Mod
If you enjoy the thrill of the hunt for a pre-loved scarf, you need to be aware of some basic features that may assist you in finding that perfect one.

ATTACHED TAGS

The brand-new-from-the-boutique scarves I have seen have paper tags attached to the sewn tags by means of a thin cord/ string. These tags CANNOT be removed without cutting them.

Notice the colors - navy and white sewn tag, navy cord/ string, navy and white plastic disc, navy and white paper tag.

The cord/ string itself is fed, in both directions, through a round plastic disc that looks somewhat like a "Smartie" (lol). Burberry is stamped in white on both sides - the letters are raised.

The front of the paper tag should show the lettering to be on a imaginary horizontal line where all letters are the same height.
Attached Images

Jan 15, 2008, 12:12am   #4
Addy
The Odd Mod
Here's the other type of scarf tag. Notice the colors - cream and black sewn tag, black cord/ string, cream and black plastic tab, cream and black paper tag.

Here's another example from my umbrella - same type of tags.

The plastic tab has raised black font, again on both sides. Not a "Smartie," but more like a chocolate bar.

The same rules apply for the cream paper tag - font is of equal height throughout.
Attached Images

Jul 4, 2008, 4:33pm   #5
Addy
The Odd Mod
Lovely scarves from tPFers - thanks for taking the pics!

titania - purchased from the Round Rock, TX outlet

lavender_lux - purchased from duty free DFS Galleria mall in Sydney, Australia

kasumi168 - pink purchased from Burberry store in Sydney, black purchased from Saks 5th Avenue

Jul 4, 2008, 6:30pm   #6
Addy
The Odd Mod
spylove22 - purchased from Saks, there is a white tag is behind the burberry tag

Attached Images

Jul 4, 2008, 6:31pm   #7
Addy
The Odd Mod
One more:
Attached Images

Jul 4, 2008, 6:54pm   #8
Addy
The Odd Mod
There has been a lot of speculation about the presence of a secondary tag directly attached to the main sewn tag on the R.

These are pics of authentic scarves purchased by a tPFer in Neiman Marcus in King of Prussia, PA. These pics are posted here with the permission of their owner.

Note that the secondary tags match the sewn tags in color. Note the stitching color also.

Attached Images

Jul 5, 2008, 2:02am   #9
Addy
The Odd Mod
Another example of a secondary tag:

Here is a lovely vintage tag:
Attached Images

Jul 5, 2008, 2:11am   #10
Addy
The Odd Mod
What you've all been waiting for... examples of nasty fakes

Note the tags' colors (check out the plastic round tag color too), and font:

Can you see the problems with this one even with this small pic?

The next 2 pics belong to the same scarf... even blurry pics can't hide the truth here:

Attached Images

Jul 5, 2008, 2:16am   #11
Addy
The Odd Mod
More nasties...

More blurry pics but easy to see that it is a fake:

How does this one look from far away?

What if you get a closer peek?
Attached Images

Sep 8, 2008, 12:12am   #12
Addy
The Odd Mod
For those of you who have been wondering about the scarf and gloves sets, they do exist. I have seen scads of them, in many different colors, at Burberry outlets. They come in a beige box with a "window" on the front and the trademark at the top. They are lambswool and are made in Scotland.

As with all scarves, please get good close pics of all tags BEFORE you buy.

These look okay BUT need closer pics of all tags to be sure. At least, you will get an idea of what the sets should look like. THESE ARE NOT CONFIRMED TO BE AUTHENTIC but there are no red flags from what I can see.

eBay seller siterocks:

eBay seller maronmac:

If anyone has any additions or changes, please PM me. Thanks!
Attached Images

Jan 4, 2009, 5:23am   #13
Addy
The Odd Mod
Another nasty fake - check out the paper tag, plastic piece and sewn tag. Compare them to the pics of real ones I posted at the beginning of this thread. Can you see the differences?

Jan 15, 2009, 10:05am   #14
kristinmcd
Sleep With Your Bag?
Here's mine. I got it yesterday!
Jan 18, 2009, 2:11pm   #15
Addy
The Odd Mod
Fakeroo

Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >