Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Some questions, and advice needed!

POST A REPLY

May 21, 2012, 11:37pm   #16
b
brunettetiger
Follow Your Heart...
Veneta carry question - once the bag breaks in, does it stick out less in the back? I hate it when people behind me keep bumping the corner of my bag!
May 22, 2012, 7:51am   #17
PsyDocJoanne
Originally Posted by BgaHolic
PsyDocJoanne, Now that you got so much information, I would like to suggest one more thing. I highly recommend visiting a BV boutique if you can and trying on all the styles to see which fits your taste most comfortably. We can all make recommendations for you, but in the end it will be you wearing the bag. Have fun shopping!
Thanks for this advice! I am not one who can buy a bag 'blind', so I did go to my local BV boutique (Natick, MA; as an aside, both SA's I worked with were lovely) a couple of weeks ago to try them out. I walked in knowing I wanted to try both the Sloane and the large Veneta, but in my mind I was thinking the Sloane would be the hands down winner. I left torn because of the style vs. comfort issue (see my first post).

As I mentioned earlier, I'm now leaning toward the large Veneta because it was so much more comfortable...but every single time I look at the Sloane I waver--it just looks more 'me'. OMG--this is a hard decision--I wish I could just get both, which would solve this dilemma entirely!!
May 22, 2012, 9:01am   #18
grietje
Originally Posted by brunettetiger
Veneta carry question - once the bag breaks in, does it stick out less in the back? I hate it when people behind me keep bumping the corner of my bag!
I had similar questions when considering my first BV. It definitely softens and slouches and hugs your body as the leather softens from use.
May 22, 2012, 7:58pm   #19
BgaHolic
Emma 4ever in my <3
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne
As I mentioned earlier, I'm now leaning toward the large Veneta because it was so much more comfortable...but every single time I look at the Sloane I waver--it just looks more 'me'. OMG--this is a hard decision--I wish I could just get both, which would solve this dilemma entirely!!
I can relate. When I shopped it was the large veneta vs. the compana and I choose the large compana for me 'cause the bottom is rounded and the bag lays close to my frame. I haven't made the purchase quite yet because the openess of the top of the bag bothers me. Other than that, I looove it! Best advice I can give you is to take your time and not worry about a price increase!
May 22, 2012, 8:00pm   #20
BgaHolic
Emma 4ever in my <3
Originally Posted by brunettetiger
My medium still does this after over a year but that is because I wear it slung back. I think once your bag softens up quite a bit, and you wear it straight down your side, it will improve.
May 23, 2012, 6:17am   #21
apey_grapey
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne

Thanks for this advice! I am not one who can buy a bag 'blind', so I did go to my local BV boutique (Natick, MA; as an aside, both SA's I worked with were lovely) a couple of weeks ago to try them out. I walked in knowing I wanted to try both the Sloane and the large Veneta, but in my mind I was thinking the Sloane would be the hands down winner. I left torn because of the style vs. comfort issue (see my first post).

you know, the Sloane softens up quite a bit. you might want to try a broken in Sloane so you can see what it will be like - the BV store usually has one that has been well handled. I love the Veneta but when I see a soft drapey Sloane on someone, I get a pang of envy because it usually looks amazing on. :-D
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >