Home Premier Designers Bottega Veneta

Quick Julie question

POST A REPLY

Apr 28, 2012, 9:03am   #1
Can the double braided Julie straps be converted to a single longer strap, similar to the "Bella" bag? The straps appear pretty thick, so don't know if it's even possible, and I realize it might be a bit wonky to get into the bag if this is done, but just wondering...

Thanks in advance for any info!
Apr 28, 2012, 9:24am   #2
you can pull it through like the bella tote and wear it as one long strap

Originally Posted by azjavagirl
Can the double braided Julie straps be converted to a single longer strap, similar to the "Bella" bag? The straps appear pretty thick, so don't know if it's even possible, and I realize it might be a bit wonky to get into the bag if this is done, but just wondering...

Thanks in advance for any info!
Apr 28, 2012, 9:35am   #3
Originally Posted by septembersiren
you can pull it through like the bella tote and wear it as one long strap
Thanks so much!
Apr 29, 2012, 9:00am   #4
YES and that's one of the great functionalities of this bag. I tried this Julie bag on in the boutique and fell in love with it. The fact that you can wear it on the shoulder or in the hand really make it so versatile. I'm surprised it's not a more popular bag but regardless I will have one in my collection! The braided handles we're very comfortable and I didn't find them too bulky.

Did you get a Julie and in what color. The one I saw was Orange...Fire Opal if I remember correctly and was just beautiful.
Apr 29, 2012, 11:38am   #5
Since I'm so petite, I find using my Julie with a single strap looks awkward. Wearing it as a double strap bag, while a bit snug under the arms, is better proportion-wise.

If you're also petite, it's something you might keep in mind.

Good luck with your decision.
Apr 30, 2012, 6:02am   #6
I parted with my Julie for two reasons. At almost 5-3, the bag hit my hip at an uncomfortable spot with the strap extended. And though I don't carry much, the bag is flat and I didn't like the bumpy look of the bag with my stuff inside.
Apr 30, 2012, 8:24am   #7
Thanks for all of the good information! I appreciate it!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Bottega Veneta