Home Premier Designers Bottega Veneta

Opinions on the old/reissued Pyramid


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 19, 2012, 5:55am   #61
annie9999's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by frivolousfun
finally managed to see this bag in real life. it is totally gorgeous... cannot decide whether to get the ebano or nero. ..... happy problem. for those of you lovely ladies who have it, what made you decide to get the colour you got?

the bag, with the strap lengthened and carried on one shoulder, falls nicely somewhere at the hipbone area. tried to carry it as a messanger and then it seems like it's about 1 inch too short. it stopped at my waist?!?!... am i doing something wrong with the strap... the strap was at the longest, and didnt look like it cld be lengthened any further.
i too find the strap a little too short to wear cross body. i love the bag but i do wish the strap was a little longer.
Jun 20, 2012, 7:18pm   #62
f
Member
Originally Posted by dpt
I have the Ebano b/c it best suits my needs, age, etc. ... i think it looks amazing next to any color. Of late, so pretty w/ steel & shock. It's the bag I'm carrying currently, and - i love it so much - i daydream about also getting it in black literally every time i pick it up. i think Nero would be a lot edgier than Ebano.
I always carry it at shoulder rather than hip ... so can't speak to the messenger option, except that i always assumed the messenger was carried as cross-body.
Originally Posted by lkweh
frivolousfun, great dilemma to have :) I chose Ebano because in general I like the brown better for casual, day-to-day. And at that time, Carmel only has one Ebano and two Nero. Hm...I wear mine cross body when I go shopping or run errands, so the middle of the bag hits my hips.
the ebano does look very lovely with the gold zip doesnt it... the nero with gold zip is also nice, but not as lovely as the ebano version. the weave also stands out more on the ebano rather than the nero. the ebano caught my eye at first sight, but i think nero may be an easier colour to match.

the interesting thing is that ebano looks very outstanding. yet, it is the nero that is flying off the shelves. i went to 3 shops to look, and one had only ebano left. the other had twice the number of ebanos than neros.

@dpt - yes, the nero does look that bit edgier.

@lkweh - on me, it looks a bit odd when i try to wear it cross body. so unless the strap will stretch 1 - 2 cm after sometime, i can carry it only on shoulder (short and long) but not cross body.

thanks ladies for your feedback.
Jun 20, 2012, 7:23pm   #63
f
Member
Originally Posted by annie9999
i too find the strap a little too short to wear cross body. i love the bag but i do wish the strap was a little longer.
i saw in your earlier posts that you got the nero because the ebano was out..... after using the bag all this while, wld the ebano still have been ur first choice or would you have chosen the nero?
Jun 22, 2012, 8:01pm   #64
dpt's Avatar
dpt
Member
Originally Posted by frivolousfun
the ebano does look very lovely with the gold zip doesnt it... the nero with gold zip is also nice, but not as lovely as the ebano version. the weave also stands out more on the ebano rather than the nero. the ebano caught my eye at first sight, but i think nero may be an easier colour to match.


@dpt - yes, the nero does look that bit edgier.

@lkweh - on me, it looks a bit odd when i try to wear it cross body. so unless the strap will stretch 1 - 2 cm after sometime, i can carry it only on shoulder (short and long) but not cross body.

thanks ladies for your feedback.
You highlight a great point about the RP - I'm wild about the gold zipper next to the ebano !!
I have not seen the nero (was contemplating making the long, long drive to purchase 1 at a boutique in fall) ... but your insights are making me think i should just settle down w/ with the ebano.
i love it so.
Question : my RP is from many years ago & the zippers do not have leather tab pulls, but rather looped tassel things [not my preference]. Do the newer RPs have the newer style tab pull zippers?
Jun 22, 2012, 10:03pm   #65
l
Member
Originally Posted by dpt
You highlight a great point about the RP - I'm wild about the gold zipper next to the ebano !!
I have not seen the nero (was contemplating making the long, long drive to purchase 1 at a boutique in fall) ... but your insights are making me think i should just settle down w/ with the ebano.
i love it so.
Question : my RP is from many years ago & the zippers do not have leather tab pulls, but rather looped tassel things [not my preference]. Do the newer RPs have the newer style tab pull zippers?
Question : my RP is from many years ago & the zippers do not have leather tab pulls, but rather looped tassel things [not my preference]. Do the newer RPs have the newer style tab pull zippers?

dpt, No leather tab pull. It's looped tassel. Just checked. I did not even notice it until you mentioned it
Jun 24, 2012, 5:57pm   #66
annie9999's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by frivolousfun
i saw in your earlier posts that you got the nero because the ebano was out..... after using the bag all this while, wld the ebano still have been ur first choice or would you have chosen the nero?

i think ebano would still have been my first choice because i don't have an ebano bag. i do have other brown bags but bv's ebano is special. i do love the nero.

it's a great bag and both are great colors-
Jun 26, 2012, 11:23am   #67
f
Member
Originally Posted by dpt
You highlight a great point about the RP - I'm wild about the gold zipper next to the ebano !!
I have not seen the nero (was contemplating making the long, long drive to purchase 1 at a boutique in fall) ... but your insights are making me think i should just settle down w/ with the ebano.
i love it so.
Question : my RP is from many years ago & the zippers do not have leather tab pulls, but rather looped tassel things [not my preference]. Do the newer RPs have the newer style tab pull zippers?
in real life, the nero is not as take-your-breath-away as the ebano. a large part becos of the gold zipper which looks very lovely against the ebano. the ebano can make u stop to take a look, though to be fair, the nero is also very very lovely, just in comparison with ebano, the ebano stands out that slightly bit more.

the new pyramid is more expensive than the RP (it is 1700 pounds for new pyramid vs 1300 pounds for RP) , so, if u wld like a pyramid or similar looking bag in nero, this is something to bear in mind too...
Jun 26, 2012, 11:26am   #68
f
Member
Originally Posted by annie9999
i think ebano would still have been my first choice because i don't have an ebano bag. i do have other brown bags but bv's ebano is special. i do love the nero.

it's a great bag and both are great colors-
thanks...
i wake up each morning and swing between nero and ebano. hope i can make up my mind soon. happy problem though.
Jun 26, 2012, 3:17pm   #69
annie9999's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by frivolousfun

thanks...
i wake up each morning and swing between nero and ebano. hope i can make up my mind soon. happy problem though.
Good luck deciding and keep me posted.
Jun 26, 2012, 7:05pm   #70
dpt's Avatar
dpt
Member
Originally Posted by frivolousfun
in real life, the nero is not as take-your-breath-away as the ebano. a large part becos of the gold zipper which looks very lovely against the ebano. the ebano can make u stop to take a look, though to be fair, the nero is also very very lovely, just in comparison with ebano, the ebano stands out that slightly bit more.
I appreciate the insight - thank you! I've decided to be content with my ebano RP & set my sights on another large veneta.

You probably already know that the RP is only currently made in nero or ebano ... but you could also do a special order in another color with the company. The catch is that you must use an exotic material somewhere in the mix of your SO (SA in Carmel was just telling me about this).
I never carry exotics, so this is out for me. But , thought it was worth mentioning.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Bottega Veneta  
TOP

Thread Tools