Home Premier Designers Bottega Veneta

Official Bottega Veneta Chat Thread - Thread #3

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Jun 23, 2012, 9:56am   #5701
Best Bubbie
Just had to comment - Emma Stone is an absolute vision in that BV gown! Stunning!
Jun 23, 2012, 10:15am   #5702
Originally Posted by LLANeedle
Apey, I've lived in the Mid-Atlantic region most of my life and I've never gotten used the the heat and humidity.
it is hard to get used to. at least it is breezy here.

Originally Posted by bisbee
Just had to comment - Emma Stone is an absolute vision in that BV gown! Stunning!
i agree. she always looks great - even in regular clothes.
Jun 25, 2012, 4:37pm   #5703
A few days ago I returned from a vacation in Italy. Overall it was a pleasant stay. Luckily, we travelled by car as plenty of shopping opportunities presented themselves and I went a little overboard with bag purchases.

They're not BVs but I couldn't resist those Trussardi bags at more than 70% off retail price. The two cloth-made traveling-bags (one smaller, one a little bit bigger) fit together so nicely. The leathery carry-all was supposed to be reduced even more. Considering the craftmanship that must have went into the construction of the bag the 250€-pricetag felt like a real steal.

To make up for it I spent some money at an outlet nearby. I will give you some hints for the time being.
Attached Images

Jun 25, 2012, 4:42pm   #5704
Crazy about tennis!!
oooohhh, fun!
Jun 26, 2012, 8:15am   #5705
As hinted I've been to a BV outlet and got the following:
Grigio Assenzio Cotton Jersey Mesh Cardigan
Empire Grigio Cotton Shirt
Milk Light Cotton Pant
Milk Light Cotton Jacket

Spring-summer 2011 has been one of my favourite BV collections. Unfortunately, back then RTW was not available in the BV boutique I've been to. So I was extremely happy to find at least some pieces from that collection that were in my size(s), too. And 60% off retail make the price level of the clothes somewhat more manageable.
Attached Images

Jun 26, 2012, 6:46pm   #5706
dpt
Originally Posted by C.J.
Spring-summer 2011 has been one of my favourite BV collections.
Agreed !
Love s/s 2011 colors. And- wow - the lightness of the materials in your cardigan & shirt must be amazing! Congratulations & thank you for sharing
Last edited Jun 26, 2012 at 6:47pm. Reason: typo
Jun 26, 2012, 6:53pm   #5707
dpt
Truly! Emma Stone has been rocking a lot of BV lately. She is on the latest cover of Vogue & I think she's wearing BV (either on the cover, or at least, somewhere in the photo spread ... i tossed the mag already or would look it up).

Interesting interconnection: I just saw my first movie w/ Emma Stone in it -- Crazy, Stupid, Love -- and eye-spied her co-star in it, Julianna Moore, carrying a beautiful Sloane.
Jun 26, 2012, 7:50pm   #5708
Best Bubbie
Originally Posted by dpt

Interesting interconnection: I just saw my first movie w/ Emma Stone in it -- Crazy, Stupid, Love -- and eye-spied her co-star in it, Julianna Moore, carrying a beautiful Sloane.
I remember that! I had just gotten my Sloane (still my only BV bag), so I noticed it immediately!
Jun 26, 2012, 8:28pm   #5709
Originally Posted by dpt
oh, i've been seeing this on the on-screen guide but have avoided seeing it because of the terrible blurb describing the film - something about a guy and his womanizing ways so i thought it was one of those teenage hormonal movies. i will check it out now.
Jun 27, 2012, 5:12am   #5710
Best Bubbie
Off topic...just heard that Nora Ephron passed away. She was responsible for many, many of my favorite films. RIP.
Jun 27, 2012, 9:59am   #5711
Originally Posted by dpt
Agreed !
Love s/s 2011 colors. And- wow - the lightness of the materials in your cardigan & shirt must be amazing! Congratulations & thank you for sharing
Yes, indeed. They feel very light compared to average shirts etc.

OK, I just used a balance to measure the weight:
- shirt 92 g (3.2 oz)
- cardigan 222 g (7.8 oz) (the metal zippers add a lot to the weight)
Jun 27, 2012, 10:41am   #5712
Off topic...just heard that Nora Ephron passed away. She was responsible for many, many of my favorite films. RIP.
I'm sorry to hear about her passing. I did love so many of her movies as well.
Jun 27, 2012, 1:19pm   #5713
DOG LOVER ALERT
DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG TRIFEXIS
it is a medication for heartworm
it causes it causes twitches, lethgary,tremors no appetite and basically the dog looks like it is on an acid trip

I have not been able to verify this with snopes yet
but someone reliable passed it on to me
their dog is very very sick
Jun 27, 2012, 4:11pm   #5714
Emma 4ever in my <3
Originally Posted by septembersiren
DOG LOVER ALERT
DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOG TRIFEXIS
it is a medication for heartworm
it causes it causes twitches, lethgary,tremors no appetite and basically the dog looks like it is on an acid trip

I have not been able to verify this with snopes yet
but someone reliable passed it on to me
their dog is very very sick
OMG! Thank you for the info. Very much appreciated!!!!!!!
Jun 27, 2012, 6:58pm   #5715
BV, Choo Ferragamo
Here is my $0.02...

Trifexis is a heartworm medication that combines a chemical named spinosad with the active ingredient in Interceptor (milbemycin oxime).

This is different than Heartguard which is a combo of ivermectin & pyrantel.

When interceptor came out there were the same concerns and reports. I know that my Betsy (the first Corgi) could not tolerate Heartguard, but could take Interceptor, which worked just fine for us.

When Trifectis (and Comfortis) came out, it was interesting for me to see that spinosad was a component. Spinosad has been used in the gardening industry for the last 15 years as an insecticide and works quite well. It was isolated from a bacteria and touted as natural. In fact it is considered organic and I believe it can be used on organic foods.

Without getting more geeky, it revs up the bugs nervous system and essentially excites it to death. Even though is has low toxicity to mammals (it is sprayed on grain in grain storage silos), it has been shown to be toxic to honeybees.

There are lots of anecdotal reports of Trifexis, this cannot be denied. However, is it the spinosad, or the milbemycin oxime? I would talk to your vet if you are concerned.
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME Premier Designers Bottega Veneta