Home > >

Medium Veneta Color Choice & Reveal


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Nov 26, 2011, 8:01am   #1
jroger1's Avatar
Thread Starter
jroger1
Member
So I could not decide which color I wanted, I ordered both Rust and Tourmaline knowing I would have to make a decision and keep the one I loved the most and return the one I loved less. This proved to be difficult, because I loved them both I guess because they are so different and both beautiful!
Attached Images
         
Nov 26, 2011, 8:11am   #2
jroger1's Avatar
Thread Starter
jroger1
Member
While I really did love the rust and the way the woven detail showed off the color it was not versatile enough for me.

I ended up choosing the gorgeous tourmaline color, I compared it to my China cervo tote it is a deeper, darker navy and more wearable/neutral.

I was going to wear it on Thanksgiving with this blouse but could not quite clip the tag just yet. Now I know why, the bag went on a bit more of a sale on Black Friday and because it had been more than 10 days I had to return & reorder to get the sale price. Maybe I'm the only one that would do that for $160 but that is just me.

I love this bag!
Attached Images
       
Nov 26, 2011, 9:25am   #3
indiaink's Avatar
indiaink
Clarity
Congratulations! Great color choice, and I love how the colors in the blouse really pull the blue out of the Tourmaline ...

And hey! Congrats on getting it at a better price, too! I'm all about saving money, so I'm right there with you!!!

Nov 26, 2011, 9:26am   #4
grietje's Avatar
grietje
Member
Yay! it's such a lovely bag and color. I have a large tourmaline veneta and I cannot switch bags. Just seems to go with everything. I think you'll get loads of use out of it. (funnily enough, my other veneta is a large tea and folks have said it's similar to rust. Its also a grest neutral and could be year round but I am calling it my summer )

As for $160, that's a significant amount in my book (16 Mai Tais in Maui) so I would have done the same thing!

BTW, the photos next to china make the color look almost brown!
Nov 26, 2011, 9:59am   #5
BgaHolic's Avatar
BgaHolic
Emma 4ever in my <3
Oooh! This was a hard decision to make! I don't own one red or rust bag in my wardrobe but looking at that color, it tempts me. Being the conservatively "safe" one that I am, I probably would have chosen the same between the two. Most of my wardrobe is black with the tops being vibrant colors or the brown family so I've never had a need for a bag in the reds family but have always admired them from afar.

As far as savings, I respect you! Hope you enjoy your new purchase! It looks beautiful!
Nov 26, 2011, 11:05am   #6
Miss_FancyBags's Avatar
Miss_FancyBags
Member
Fantastic choice! Congratulations!!
Nov 26, 2011, 11:39am   #7
dinitegrity's Avatar
dinitegrity
Cultivating
I love black and red bags!
Nov 26, 2011, 3:52pm   #8
leilani01's Avatar
leilani01
Member
Congrats on your gorgeous Tourmaline veneta and your good timing!

Wear her in good health.
Nov 27, 2011, 1:50pm   #9
pm0964's Avatar
pm0964
Member
Great choice - we are bag twins. I recently just purchased the medium veneta in tourmaline. I love it - I find that it goes with alot.
Nov 27, 2011, 2:04pm   #10
CEC.LV4eva's Avatar
CEC.LV4eva
Bal_RO_Céline
congrats, it's beautiful!
Nov 27, 2011, 2:09pm   #11
noon's Avatar
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
Congrats! great choice
Mar 15, 2012, 1:34pm   #12
4purse's Avatar
4purse
Member
Originally Posted by jroger1
While I really did love the rust and the way the woven detail showed off the color it was not versatile enough for me.

I ended up choosing the gorgeous tourmaline color, I compared it to my China cervo tote it is a deeper, darker navy and more wearable/neutral.

I was going to wear it on Thanksgiving with this blouse but could not quite clip the tag just yet. Now I know why, the bag went on a bit more of a sale on Black Friday and because it had been more than 10 days I had to return & reorder to get the sale price. Maybe I'm the only one that would do that for $160 but that is just me.

I love this bag!
Beautiful color. I'm happy to find your post because I just ordered this bag in Tourmaline and wasn't quite sure what color of blue to expect. Are you still loving it? In the picture with flash it almost looks to have a bit of dark purple in it? In the sun light does it look blue or do you have to get up really close to tell it's not black?


Thanks
Mar 15, 2012, 1:52pm   #13
jroger1's Avatar
Thread Starter
jroger1
Member
Originally Posted by 4purse
Beautiful color. I'm happy to find your post because I just ordered this bag in Tourmaline and wasn't quite sure what color of blue to expect. Are you still loving it? In the picture with flash it almost looks to have a bit of dark purple in it? In the sun light does it look blue or do you have to get up really close to tell it's not black?


Thanks
I actually decided to return it because of the size, not because of the color. I just could not make the medium veneta work for me. I love the large veneta, I wouldn't rule out a maxi in the future. The color is definitely dark blue, and you cannot mistake it for black unless you are in the dark IMO. To me, it just looks true blue, but it may indeed have purple undertones I'm just not that much of a color expert. Sorry I probably was no help. You will love it I'm sure.
Mar 15, 2012, 1:54pm   #14
Grandmommie's Avatar
Grandmommie
Bag Lover
Great choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2012, 2:55pm   #15
septembersiren's Avatar
septembersiren
Member
is lent over???
glad to see you back
missed you



Originally Posted by grietje
Yay! it's such a lovely bag and color. I have a large tourmaline veneta and I cannot switch bags. Just seems to go with everything. I think you'll get loads of use out of it. (funnily enough, my other veneta is a large tea and folks have said it's similar to rust. Its also a grest neutral and could be year round but I am calling it my summer )

As for $160, that's a significant amount in my book (16 Mai Tais in Maui) so I would have done the same thing!

BTW, the photos next to china make the color look almost brown!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools