Knot Really My Kind of Bag....Or Is It?

POST A REPLY

Aug 22, 2012, 3:42pm   #61
Kandyroxy
Wow! Beautiful!!!!!
Aug 22, 2012, 4:58pm   #62
sbelle
Originally Posted by cabochon

Yes, that plum croc knot was an easy decision to make, wasn't it?

Yes!! lol-- when you posted yours, I wanted to spill the beans then. But mine was still stuck in Italy and I just wanted to make sure it was going to make it to me before I celebrated!
Aug 22, 2012, 7:42pm   #63
newbags4me
Sbelle, you are my hero! What a collection! I have a nero ayers stretch knot, and a memory knot in fire. Love them but I dream of a croc knot! Maybe some day....
Aug 22, 2012, 8:12pm   #64
apey_grapey
Originally Posted by sbelle
So, let's go back to April when I bought my first knot and apey advised me to buy a leather knot before investing in a croc knot. So I bought the waxed leather studded knot and loved it!

A month or so went by and I decided to get the steel croc knot that apey and I had looked at in April. The US stock was very limited at the time, but I was assured that there was one left in the US and it could be mine! I ordered and paid for it, but a whole lot of mess happened. The store that had the knot seemed to be very attached to it and was doing everything in its power to keep that knot from leaving their store and coming to me. I finally gave up, was very disappointed, but resigned myself to a life without a steel croc knot.

If you thought apey was no longer part of my story, then you are wrong!! Sometime during the steel knot saga, apey sent me this picture.

I fell in love with the plum knot and figured if my life was really destined to be "steel croc knot-less", I should get the plum. I knew the US had only ordered the stretch plum croc knot and found out apey's picture was from London. I contacted the store but at that time they were sold out. On a whim, I decided to contact the Florence BV store, as I had purchased a cabat there a few years ago. I struck croc! The Florence store found one for me!

By then, I was dong the happy dance. I paid for the plum and I was content. Oh, but my story isn't over yet! The day after I paid for the plum knot, I got a call from a US BV manager asking if I still wanted the steel knot.

Those of you who know me, know how this story ends .....

And it goes without saying Don't Tell Ricky!

this is my first time seeing these (that's the trouble with work; it takes time away from tpf) and oh my! amazing! well worth the "whole lot of mess".
Aug 22, 2012, 9:38pm   #65
blueiris
sbelle, you really outdid yourself. Well done! You chose two beauties!
Aug 22, 2012, 10:24pm   #66
bisbee
Best Bubbie
SO pretty! I am totally jealous!
Aug 23, 2012, 8:10am   #67
annie9999
beautiful knots. i love all three. i can see why you had to have them all- there is really no way to choose one over the other. enjoy them all and congratulations.
Aug 23, 2012, 9:15am   #68
TDL
sbelle - they are absolutely TDF and unique in their own way!
We talk about the slippery BV slope but it is something else to be on the slippery BV Knot slope.

PS: Give my regards to Mr. Financial Planner Man
Aug 24, 2012, 1:33pm   #69
h
hotshot
sbelle... divine.. the knots are simply the best ...enjoy!!
Aug 25, 2012, 3:12am   #70
LT bag lady
MASTER ENABLER
OMG! I leave the country and you go shopping, lol! Absolutely fabulous colors! Apey has the best advice!. The Steel is an awesome neutral and the Plum is the perfect pop of color.
Promise not to tell Ricky and if Mr. Financial Planner guy gives you a hard time, I'll just stick a pin in him!
Aug 25, 2012, 8:18am   #71
Grandmommie
Bag Lover
I am so far behind and sbelle you have been holding out on me....Your KNots are TDF!!!!! I just love love love them....So excited for you...going back to look at the pictures again..
Aug 25, 2012, 8:22am   #72
Grandmommie
Bag Lover
FYI-I knew you would be a Knot Girl...
Aug 25, 2012, 8:38am   #73
septembersiren
oh sbelle you little devil
I won't tell ricky
no wonder you can't get that other bag LOL
the planner man is going to get you
they are all beautiful
Aug 30, 2012, 12:21am   #74
Mousse
Boston Strong
Originally Posted by sbelle
Those of you who know me, know how this story ends ..... And it goes without saying Don't Tell Ricky!
OMG sbelle, your knots are divine and your story about the quest is so much fun. I just love your color selection. I tried a nero stretch croc yesterday at the BH boutique. Loved the size. My knot lust is growing thanks to you, india, and jburgh.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >