Home Premier Designers Bottega Veneta

Finally found my Veneta!!

POST A REPLY

Jul 2, 2013, 3:10pm   #1
So, I've been wanting a medium Veneta for a long time now. I've bought and resold quite a few over the last couple of years, but never found one that was just right. To me and on me, the ones in neutral colors seemed too bland, the strongly colored ones didn't seem versatile enough, and the colors I really liked had gold hardware, which I just can't pull off. Also, I just couldn't get myself to love the super-smooshy leather -- it just slouched too much for me. But I still thought the Veneta was the perfect bag, and I just knew that there had to be one that was right for me! This was all the more important because I'd decided that this will be my last bag in the four digit price class: I have enough expensive bags in my closet but I haven't been on enough beach vacations with the family .

Anyway, I finally found here: The medium Tornabuoni Veneta in grape. The color is both pretty and neutral, the leather is thicker and thus a little less slouchy than most Venetas, the pattern is amazing, the interior is a beautiful grey, the hardware is gunmetal, and, to top it all off, she is in absolutely mint condition despite being from 2009! I'm pretty happy right now .
Jul 2, 2013, 3:13pm   #2
Oops, forgot the photo...
Attached Images

Jul 2, 2013, 3:20pm   #3
Clarity
Oh oh oh, it's beautiful! Great find! Now I will have to bite the bullet and add this to my collection - like I'd mentioned to you, I've always been drawn to this treatment ...

You should also post this photo in the Special thread - http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-v...ly-818447.html

Congratulations, wear her in good health and enjoy your family!
Jul 2, 2013, 3:28pm   #4
It is quite lovely indeed. If you leaving the four-digit market, it's a terrificx way to go out. Wear it in good health!
Jul 2, 2013, 8:26pm   #5
Very pretty! congratulations!
Jul 2, 2013, 8:40pm   #6
Jimmy Choo lover
Very nice!
Jul 2, 2013, 10:36pm   #7
l
Congratulations! I always love this style too. It's different from the other veneta, it's also gorgeous.
Jul 2, 2013, 10:40pm   #8
Congrats! (As you can see from my avatar, we're bag twins).

I think you'll adore your Tornabuoni veneta. I've found it to be a beautiful yet durable bag and it's become one of my favorites.

Also, I just couldn't get myself to love the super-smooshy leather -- it just slouched too much for me.

^^ Like you, I have a hard time dealing with very smooshy bags and loved the capretto for its strength and structure.

Enjoy your veneta and please post some modeling pix. when you have a chance.
Jul 3, 2013, 9:04am   #9
Originally Posted by MrsMammaGoose
Oops, forgot the photo...
Gorgeous bag, beautiful color! Congrats!
Jul 3, 2013, 1:58pm   #10
l
Looking for Winter
Beautiful! Congrats!
Jul 4, 2013, 7:43pm   #11
I Need More Cowbell
Oh, my gosh, I love your new new bag! It was released around the same time I first "found" BV, and I remember drooling over it! Many, many congrats. on finding the veneta that is right for you!
Jul 4, 2013, 8:55pm   #12
Don't be a lemming!
Love it! I am looking for one of these too! I am thinking black but I don't know if that will be hard to find.

Congrats!
Jul 13, 2013, 9:12am   #13
that's gorgeous! love the colour!
Jul 13, 2013, 9:46am   #14
s
looooks soooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!
Jul 15, 2013, 5:46am   #15
Science Geek!
Very beautiful bag. Congrats
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Bottega Veneta