Home > >

Bottega Vs LV Vs Balenciaga

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Mar 23, 2012, 12:43pm   #46
MoreBags4Life's Avatar
Thread Starter
MoreBags4Life
Member
Originally Posted by jmcadon
I have all 3 brands, but almost never carry my one LV unless I am going out in the rain. My one remaining Bal, a black Twiggy I do love how it looks, but hate to carry it as it has no structure so it lays flat when you set it down. I have several BV's and have to say this brand is superior in quality by far. You will carry BV for years. I don't think Bal would last for years, mine is only a couple of years old and looks it despite the fact that I have not carried it often. But if you are looking for a bag that shouts out the designer name, BV may not be what you want.
well that's the beauty of all BV bags. They are so elegant yet subtle. ONLY BV lovers would spot a BV :) I LOVE THAT!
Mar 23, 2012, 12:44pm   #47
MoreBags4Life's Avatar
Thread Starter
MoreBags4Life
Member
Originally Posted by Coveteur
anything bottega is DIVINE!! balenciaga is amazing as well, although the recent downgrade in hardware makes me ill.. and LV, in my opinion, pales in comparison!!

BV is just divine! ITA
Mar 23, 2012, 12:45pm   #48
MoreBags4Life's Avatar
Thread Starter
MoreBags4Life
Member
Originally Posted by JanZynl
I own LV's and BV's and BV is timeless and wears well.
Then BV here I come
Mar 23, 2012, 1:21pm   #49
papertiger's Avatar
papertiger
Member
Originally Posted by MoreBags4Life
papertiger!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ur quiz! It's the best quiz ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually a combination of 1 and 3 HAHAHAHA But I'd go with 3. I love the "thinking about the balance" thing. It sometimes takes me hours and hours to make a decision on a pair of shoes! LOOOL I have to always think about how to balance the look, longevity, and quality for all my accessories. hehe
Originally Posted by MoreBags4Life
My lovely papertiger! I enjoyed ur quiz! I also tend to value my bags as much as I value my diamond ring. LOL I just realized that I shouldn't pay more than $500 for a canvas. Seriously! I decided to invest my money in a timeless piece of leather that smells yummy instead! BV in Ebano reminds me of Godiva milk chocolate for some reason! YUUUUMMMY! Do you think that Chanel would fall in # 3 too?
Glad you liked it

To me #1 is 'old-school' classic # 2 the antithesis of classic and #3 is modern classic.

As I mentioned, I have all 3 brands so I'm a combo too.

I also have a few Chanel, I think Chanel is more # 1 (apart form the coated canvas bit). Chanel looks 'unexpected' in a teen so it looks cool, appropriate for a more mature lady so it looks right but in between ages Chanel needs more confidence either dressed up (glamorous) down (nonchalant) or minimal (chic) BUT absolutely with no apologies or it can look frumpy (as can LV and Hermes). I think BV is easier to wear for all ages TBH.

For me choosing shoes is harder because if they're not comfortable in whatever brand/style plus I end up buying the same again and again how many shoe-boots do I already own
Mar 23, 2012, 1:57pm   #50
Cait's Avatar
Cait
only once you live
Originally Posted by MoreBags4Life
That's exactly the color I"m referring to actually! The "Gris Poivre"! It looks yummy! I agree with u! The Day is too casual for me. The Velo/City looks less casual! I agree
If you go for GP, the gals in the Bal forum have raved about the leather - very pebbly and thick . Hope that also puts your mind at ease, for your first Bal.
Mar 23, 2012, 2:42pm   #51
a
aussief
Member
This is a great thread, and I really liked you quiz/example papertiger. I have to admit, the BV is the most timeless in design and also has the better leather.

Quick question, I am thinking of getting the Intrecciato Nappa Veneta, but simply cannot decide between the Steel and Ebano colours. Does the Steel colour look different or change under different lighting conditions? The Steel gives a younger look, whereas the Ebano is more mature.

I am concerned about Steel colour getting dirty very easily/quickly, whereas it will not look obvious on the Ebano. Any suggestions/recommendations? Many thanks.
Mar 23, 2012, 2:53pm   #52
MoreBags4Life's Avatar
Thread Starter
MoreBags4Life
Member
Originally Posted by Cait
If you go for GP, the gals in the Bal forum have raved about the leather - very pebbly and thick . Hope that also puts your mind at ease, for your first Bal.

Thanks for the updates sweet Cait! I appreciate it
Mar 23, 2012, 2:59pm   #53
MoreBags4Life's Avatar
Thread Starter
MoreBags4Life
Member
Originally Posted by papertiger
Glad you liked it

To me #1 is 'old-school' classic # 2 the antithesis of classic and #3 is modern classic.

As I mentioned, I have all 3 brands so I'm a combo too.

I also have a few Chanel, I think Chanel is more # 1 (apart form the coated canvas bit). Chanel looks 'unexpected' in a teen so it looks cool, appropriate for a more mature lady so it looks right but in between ages Chanel needs more confidence either dressed up (glamorous) down (nonchalant) or minimal (chic) BUT absolutely with no apologies or it can look frumpy (as can LV and Hermes). I think BV is easier to wear for all ages TBH.

For me choosing shoes is harder because if they're not comfortable in whatever brand/style plus I end up buying the same again and again how many shoe-boots do I already own
I LOVE your writing style as much as I LOVE Chanel. What Chanel's do u own? And hey I don't mind sharing with u some of ur shoes hahahahaha
Mar 23, 2012, 3:29pm   #54
papertiger's Avatar
papertiger
Member
Originally Posted by MoreBags4Life
I LOVE your writing style as much as I LOVE Chanel. What Chanel's do u own? And hey I don't mind sharing with u some of ur shoes hahahahaha

LOL you flatterer

I don't have that many Chanel bags (by tPF standards anyway) all either vintage or simply old ha ha, M/L flap, tassel bag, L backpack, all black lamb ghw. Cambon shopper cream/blk/snake and a navy/burgundy bag that looks like its possibly a forerunner of a JM (my favourite). For me, after a couple of bags, Chanel is more about the fashion and accessories but I'm not that keen on big logos (which is why I swapped other bags with DM for PST and GST).

I am totally with you on BV's classic colours. This season there are some really nice and wearable shades too, check out Steel as well as the usual.
Mar 23, 2012, 4:17pm   #55
annie9999's Avatar
annie9999
Member
Originally Posted by MoreBags4Life
ITA with you! Plastized cotton is the last thing I would go for :) BV all the way!!!!!
i think a non leather bag definitely has a place and how much you feel it should cost is up to you. i recently got a bv marco polo and i am quite happy.
there are lv bags i really like but just don't work for me and i have never bought bal or chanel.
hope you get your bv soon and that you are happy with it-
Mar 23, 2012, 4:19pm   #56
Cait's Avatar
Cait
only once you live
Originally Posted by MoreBags4Life
Thanks for the updates sweet Cait! I appreciate it
You're welcome dahling Keep us posted!
Apr 1, 2012, 9:06am   #57
img's Avatar
img
Blessed & Content
Originally Posted by Aurify
I've been told that the artsy is extremely uncomfortable to carry on the shoulder. If you do decide to go for LV, something like a Galleria might be a better choice.
I own Artsy, and that's simply not true. I've carried the bag for over a year every single day. Very comfortable.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools