Home Premier Designers Bottega Veneta

Anyoone who send new BVs for waterproofing?

POST A REPLY

Nov 9, 2011, 8:36pm   #1
c
Hi there, I just bought my very first BV bag and wallet.

Are there anyone who sent their bags and wallets for waterproofing before using them? I was just wondering if I should send them for waterproofing...
Nov 9, 2011, 10:13pm   #2
d
zzz
Hi, and congrats on your new bag and wallet. Will you post pics for us to drool over?

I don't use any protectants on my BV bags, but you can find lots of advice in this thread in the BV FAQs and Care reference sub-forum:

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-v...bv-418859.html
Nov 10, 2011, 4:44am   #3
Yep, i usually spray my bags (Bv and LV) with a waterproofing spray before using them.
But I always wonder if it's neccessary or makes any difference at all.
Nov 10, 2011, 7:04am   #4
Bal_RO_Céline
I waterproof everything that's leather for all my bags and shoes
Nov 10, 2011, 1:32pm   #5
I admit to NOT water proofing a single bag I own--Hermes, YSL, BV or other. While it rains a fair amount in the winter in Sacramento, I have never ever had a problem with water spots and stains.
Nov 11, 2011, 4:45am   #6
I don't water proof shoes or bags. If my shoes are soaked, I stuff them with paper and allow them to dry naturally away from sun or heat. BV recommends putting nothing on their leather. The sides of the strips are raw and will absorb whatever product you're using which can cause problems. My tea campana has gotten caught in several downpours and so soaked the color looked dark brown. I toweled off the dripping water and allowed it to dry naturally, again away from sun or heat and she's perfectly fine....no spots, no stains.
Nov 11, 2011, 6:49am   #7
Emma 4ever in my <3
Originally Posted by LLANeedle
I don't water proof shoes or bags. If my shoes are soaked, I stuff them with paper and allow them to dry naturally away from sun or heat. BV recommends putting nothing on their leather. The sides of the strips are raw and will absorb whatever product you're using which can cause problems. My tea campana has gotten caught in several downpours and so soaked the color looked dark brown. I toweled off the dripping water and allowed it to dry naturally, again away from sun or heat and she's perfectly fine....no spots, no stains.
Same.
Nov 11, 2011, 12:47pm   #8
More Bags, Pleeease!
I always spray my bags. I'm careful with my bags. But anything could happen. I once had a bird doo doo accident on my bag! Also, someone spilt soda and my bag was soaked. It makes sense for me to spray a bag for an unpredicted accident.
Nov 11, 2011, 7:24pm   #9
Bag Lover
I have never waterproofed a thing...I would be so scared it would change something natural on my bags or shoes..
Nov 12, 2011, 5:34am   #10
c
Thanks for all your reply. I will take pics of my new BV later...

Now, how do I move this thread to the Care section?
Nov 12, 2011, 6:59pm   #11
Bal_RO_Céline
Originally Posted by cecilia446
Thanks for all your reply. I will take pics of my new BV later...

Now, how do I move this thread to the Care section?
ask a mod
Nov 13, 2011, 12:53am   #12
b
I waterproof my other bags, but somehow I don't feel comfortable doing the same to my BVs. Fortunately they have taken the weather well thus far. After all those are great bags that are built to last!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Premier Designers Bottega Veneta