Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Your favorite book quote of the day...

POST A REPLY

Aug 21, 2012, 7:34am   #166
tinkerbell4726
Bibliophile
“Dear God, Tatiana prayed in bed that night, turning to the wall and pulling the white sheet and the thin brown blanket over herself. If You are there somewhere, please teach me how to hide what I never knew how to show.”

The Bronze Horseman
Aug 22, 2012, 12:40am   #167
babypie
"She ceased to be a woman, complex, kind, and petulant, considerate and thoughtless; she was a Maenad. She was desire."

-- The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset Maugham
Sep 26, 2012, 10:57am   #168
b
bazooka
"You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will."
― Stephen King, On Writing
Oct 2, 2012, 2:24am   #169
tinkerbell4726
Bibliophile
“I became obsessed with the one question-when was it, when were we, irrevocable? When did all the little tumblers fall into place and our fate was locked in and it became impossible for us to be anything other than what we became? When was the guilty moment?”
― Tiffany Reisz, The Siren
Jan 14, 2013, 9:30am   #170
eggpudding
Coveteur
little dark girl with
kind eyes
when it comes time to
use the knife
I won't flinch and
i won't blame
you,
as I drive along the shore alone
as the palms wave,
the ugly heavy palms,
as the living does not arrive
as the dead do not leave,
i won't blame you,
instead
i will remember the kisses
our lips raw with love
and how you gave me
everything you had
and how I
offered you what was left of
me

-- from the poem "Raw with Love", Charles Bukowski

So beautiful.
Feb 9, 2013, 1:00pm   #171
GhstDreamer
Lady Philosophy
"You were not there for the beginning. You will not be there for the end. Your knowledge of what is going on can only be superficial and relative."

Naked Lunch - Bill S. Burroughs (one of my favourite writers)
Feb 10, 2013, 12:31pm   #172
bex285
"The world had teeth and it could bite you with them anytime it wanted"
Stephen King, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

"Death is a great teacher. It’s just too harsh.
I wish I could tell you that through the tragedy I mined some undiscovered, life-altering absolute that I could pass onto you. I didn’t. The clichés apply – people are what count, life is precious, materialism is overrated, the little things matter, live in the moment – and I can repeat them to you ad nauseam. You might listen, but you won’t internalize. Tragedy hammers it home. Tragedy etches it onto your soul. You might not be happier. But you will be better."
Harlan Coben, Tell No One
Feb 11, 2013, 12:24pm   #173
ksammon
‘I’m going to possess every.single.part.of.you,’ He punctuates each word clearly and sharply. ‘There will be nowhere on this beautiful body that won’t have had me in it, on it or over it.

This man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Feb 14, 2013, 8:08am   #174
o
optima75
Originally Posted by ksammon
‘I’m going to possess every.single.part.of.you,’ He punctuates each word clearly and sharply. ‘There will be nowhere on this beautiful body that won’t have had me in it, on it or over it.

This man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Well.....oh my! Ok I like that quote. 😀
Feb 17, 2013, 3:01am   #175
P
PandaHallLee
Cheers~
You forgive and restore his sight, he can believe in absolute love. To forgive is to become the messenger. You bring light into the halls of fear.
~ Karen Ruimy, The voice of the Angel
Mar 18, 2013, 9:05pm   #176
GhstDreamer
Lady Philosophy
"The reason we hurt others is because we don't understand their pain."

Kino Travels the Beautiful World
Jul 29, 2013, 9:51pm   #177
GhstDreamer
Lady Philosophy
"Doctor Tenma, for you all lives are created equal. That's why I came back to life. But you finally realize it now, haven't you? Only one thing is equal for all, and that is death."

"I became transfixed. Obsessively gazing into the abyss of the human heart. I suppose it's possible the abyss gazes back into me. The depths of the human mind are filled with treacherous landscapes."

Monster by Naoki Urasawa
Jul 30, 2013, 4:20pm   #178
Waffle65
"That proves you are unusual.' returned the Scarecrow; 'and I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Sep 11, 2013, 5:11am   #179
Chineka
1-27-12 <3
Fill your house with stacks of books, in all the crannies and all the nooks. ~ Dr. Seuss
Oct 3, 2013, 3:53am   #180
l
luca83
Beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and devil are fighting there, and the battlefield is the heart of man.
Fyodor Dostoevsky
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >