Home The Playground Books & Music

What books could you just NOT finish?

POST A REPLY

Jul 25, 2012, 5:41pm   #451
Originally Posted by senoe
Gone girl & Gabriel's inferno
Oh no . I just downloaded Gone Girl!

As much as I love the movies, I could not finish Lord of the Rings.
Jul 26, 2012, 5:33pm   #452
No time for your ish
Most recently "Fifty Shades of Grey". Bought it because of the hype around it and Cheesy, corny romance doesn't keep my attention for very long.
Jul 30, 2012, 10:29am   #453
I've had "50 Shades of Gray" on my nightstand for WEEKS ... I just can't seem to force myself to give it a shot.
Jul 30, 2012, 2:16pm   #454
C
Bourne ultimatum and supremacy. They are so hard to get though. I'm determined to finish them so I can update my goodreads account.
Jul 30, 2012, 2:18pm   #455
C
I also stopped reading the twilight books once I realized Bella wouldn't get with Jacob. Also she was just annoying to the point I couldn't continue reading.
Jul 30, 2012, 5:38pm   #456
The fourth Twilight book (I'm surprised I got that far)
Naked Lunch (can't believe anyone liked this tbh)
Wuthering Heights (so depressing)
Anna Karenina (looong)
Catch-22 (boring)

I am pretty open-minded when it comes to books, but if I don't like them I'm not gonna suffer through them! Life's too short.
Aug 4, 2012, 8:31am   #457
INFJ !
Remembrance of Things Past - Marcel Proust.
Aug 4, 2012, 10:12pm   #458
Devil in the White City. Couldn't do it.
Aug 5, 2012, 12:11pm   #459
I got stuck on 50 Shades, and personally I think I made it an impressive way through considering how badly written and repetitive it is, and the fact that nothing bad happens.

I'm so ashamed about this, but I also got stuck on Tess of the D'urbervilles. Having loved The Mayor of Casterbridge I thought it would be good, but just couldn't get into it at all. I even watched the BBC adaptation and it didn't help. I think it's possibly because I don't like Tess as a character at all.
Aug 6, 2012, 12:32am   #460
I keep trying to start Jean Auel's final book (The Land Of Painted Caves), but I just can't get into it! I purchased the book pre-order over a year ago and still can't get past the first pages! I LOVED her first two books in the series ("Clan of the Cave Bear" and "Valley of the Horses")..in fact, they're my favorite books of all time. But my oh my, each book got progressively worse after that. What happened???
Aug 6, 2012, 3:31pm   #461
Originally Posted by TinksDelite

Oh no . I just downloaded Gone Girl!

As much as I love the movies, I could not finish Lord of the Rings.
I loved Gone Girl.

I couldn't read Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. Tried several times to get into it and even tried listening to it!!
Aug 7, 2012, 4:52am   #462
The Count of Monte Cristo --- I have read them for 3 three years and hadn't finished it yet. I think the story is a little longer and i forgot the formal, so i hadn't continue reading it.
Aug 11, 2012, 4:54am   #463
Recently:

More than Meets the Ink
A Rush of Wings
Aug 12, 2012, 5:24am   #464
elise
i could never get through the first harry potter book, sad to say!
Aug 12, 2012, 6:02am   #465
d
Alice in wonderland. I've never gotten very far in it before I just can't deal.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music