Home The Playground Books & Music

What are you reading right now??

POST A REPLY

Oct 13, 2010, 12:29pm   #1
Continued from this thread....
Happy Reading!!

http://forum.purseblog.com/books-and...31398-337.html
Oct 13, 2010, 1:04pm   #2
I'm reading Forget You Had a Daughter: Doing Time in the 'Bangkok Hilton' by Sandra Gregory and Michael Tierney

So far it's alright.
Oct 13, 2010, 1:37pm   #3
Cogito ergo sum
The Gospel According to Jesus Christ by Josť Saramago. Interesting read and I love his writing style.
Oct 13, 2010, 3:53pm   #4
shallowly obsessing
The Postcard Killers by James Patterson. Really good!
Oct 13, 2010, 4:22pm   #5
Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer. I'm loving it!!!
Oct 13, 2010, 4:31pm   #6
Wol
The Matchmaker of Perigord by Julia Stuart. Whimsical and funny.
Oct 13, 2010, 10:54pm   #7
I want! I want!
Split Personality - the story of P!nk, The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory and also started Mini Shopaholic for an easy lunchtime read.
Oct 14, 2010, 5:59am   #8
everything is peachy
SuperFreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner. I'm halfway through but I'm not finding the topics as interesting as the ones in the original Freakonomics.
Oct 14, 2010, 9:31am   #9
you win or you die
Just started reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It was a free download so I thought I would give it a try.
Oct 14, 2010, 1:43pm   #10
Best Bubbie
Originally Posted by Sweetwon
Just started reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It was a free download so I thought I would give it a try.
Fabulous series...she's an incredible writer, does TONS of research! The first one was the best!
Oct 14, 2010, 6:46pm   #11
p
Originally Posted by Sweetwon

Oh! Was getting this confused with THE Outlander by Gil Adamson. Your book sounds much more interesting. (for anyone who cares, The Outlander was so-so, kind of like a female Cormac McCarthy)

Anyway, I just finished "Union Atlantic" by Adam Haslett. Wasn't as great as all the reviewers touted it to be.
Oct 15, 2010, 7:29pm   #12
I am reading Paulo Coelho's Veronika Decides to Die, so far so good. I read the Alchemist a couple of months ago, just happened to walk by it at the bookstore and picked it up to check it out. I don't know if it was something I was meant to read, at the time I was going through a few things, this book felt like it was written for me and really opened my eyes to alot of things. So since his first book was a hit I decided to try this one, the lady at the checkout said it was her fav, she read it in one day. I also picked up his other book, The Pilgrimage, its was a journey he took that helped him write the Alchemist.
Oct 15, 2010, 11:20pm   #13
::pretty:tough::
I loved the outlander!! great series....

just started Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella... I've been putting it off forever and finally started it.
Oct 16, 2010, 1:09am   #14
Miss Alexandria Pup
The Murder Of King Tut
James Patterson
So far, so good.
Oct 16, 2010, 3:02am   #15
Originally Posted by hermesugo
I am reading Paulo Coelho's Veronika Decides to Die, so far so good. I read the Alchemist a couple of months ago, just happened to walk by it at the bookstore and picked it up to check it out. I don't know if it was something I was meant to read, at the time I was going through a few things, this book felt like it was written for me and really opened my eyes to alot of things. So since his first book was a hit I decided to try this one, the lady at the checkout said it was her fav, she read it in one day. I also picked up his other book, The Pilgrimage, its was a journey he took that helped him write the Alchemist.
I just added this to my wishlist
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music