Home The Playground Books & Music

Recommendations:Emotional Alphas: Romance Heroes like Kellan Kyle and Christian Grey?

POST A REPLY

Jul 12, 2012, 8:44pm   #46
Bibliophile
Originally Posted by Robicslady
Avoiding Commitment/Responsibility. (because they were free)

I read that she is making a 3rd. Part of my REALLY hopes that one of the characters redeems himself lol
Jul 13, 2012, 12:00am   #47
Ok, I just finished Beautiful Disaster and I have a HUGE crush on Travis. I really recommend this one!! Why is there not a part 2??

I read Bared To You right after Fifty Trilogy and it was a huge let down. I didn't connect with the characters at all. Just like someone else said, it was cheesy.

I just started Gabriel's Inferno, and I hope I like it. Feels sort of slow right now.
Last edited Jul 13, 2012 at 12:09am.
Jul 13, 2012, 4:14am   #48
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by LindaP
I'm starting Strangers now.
Which one is this?

I'm gonna read Easy soon.
Jul 13, 2012, 5:49am   #49
Mad about bags
Originally Posted by tinkerbell4726
I read that she is making a 3rd. Part of my REALLY hopes that one of the characters redeems himself lol
Seriously! Me, too!
Jul 13, 2012, 5:32pm   #50
In Love
Great thread!
Jul 14, 2012, 5:35am   #51
Originally Posted by Mediana
Which one is this?

I'm gonna read Easy soon.

It's by Barbara Elsborg, I really enjoyed the humor in this one! Kinda mad at the 'hero' though, I think there is a few times he treats her horribly and she brushes it off as if it's nothing.
Jul 14, 2012, 4:33pm   #52
SPECTRUM MOM
Story of O, the original "50 Shades"...
Jul 15, 2012, 12:23pm   #53
I really liked "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles, its more of a romance book, good summer read for sure.
Jul 15, 2012, 1:37pm   #54
AHS...Yes!
Originally Posted by Pursissima
I really liked "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles, its more of a romance book, good summer read for sure.
So far, I've read 2 of the Fuentes brothers books. I just have such a hard time with the gang stuff, it makes it difficult for me to rate them.
Jul 15, 2012, 1:39pm   #55
AHS...Yes!
Originally Posted by LindaP
It's by Barbara Elsborg, I really enjoyed the humor in this one! Kinda mad at the 'hero' though, I think there is a few times he treats her horribly and she brushes it off as if it's nothing.
I'm so glad you liked it. I really loved that you the author didn't attempt to make her characters American. Brit humor is so different from ours, less filtered I think. I love it!
Jul 15, 2012, 1:40pm   #56
AHS...Yes!
Originally Posted by twin-fun
Story of O, the original "50 Shades"...
I couldn't find this for my Kindle.
Jul 15, 2012, 2:42pm   #57
H is for HOCKEY
Originally Posted by admat97
I couldn't find this for my Kindle.
I am not sure if it's available for download anywhere - it's over 50 years old. Pretty hardcore.
Jul 15, 2012, 4:04pm   #58
AHS...Yes!
Originally Posted by H_addict
I am not sure if it's available for download anywhere - it's over 50 years old. Pretty hardcore.
That's what I've heard. I don't know if I can truly stomach something like that. FSoG is not REALLY BDSM, so I think that's why it was so palatable.
Jul 15, 2012, 4:43pm   #59
That's what I've heard. I don't know if I can truly stomach something like that. FSoG is not REALLY BDSM, so I think that's why it was so palatable.
I tried The Story of O years ago and it is way too hardcore for me, serious pain involved and there is a moment where she looks in the mirror and thinks when she sees the bruises of how much her lover cares for her. Ugh. I am more of a BDSM light reader, for sure, lol I doubt 50 Shades would be as widespread popular if it were more hardcore.
Jul 15, 2012, 4:47pm   #60
I'm so glad you liked it. I really loved that you the author didn't attempt to make her characters American. Brit humor is so different from ours, less filtered I think. I love it!

I'd much rather a Brit author write Brit characters than try and fail to make them American. I really enjoyed 50 Shades but one of my pet peeves with it was in this area. I enjoy humor, something that 50 Shades had so I was happy to find it there in Strangers.

Has anyone tried Kristen Ashely? I am currently on a glom! Her heroes are so unapologetically alpha. I tried Knight first and I kept thinking...this writing and dialog is so bad, but I kept going because it was unlike any romance novel I'd tried before and in the end when I finished it I went on to find more of her stuff. Started one series of books with Mystery Man and am making my way through.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music