Home The Playground Books & Music

Recommendations:Emotional Alphas: Romance Heroes like Kellan Kyle and Christian Grey?


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 6, 2012, 4:46am   #16
tinkerbell4726's Avatar
Bibliophile
So I just read through Avoiding Commitment and Avoiding Responsibility and holy cow! What an emotional rollercoaster! My heart is STILL reeling. And the best part of those two books are that they are free :) the author has them published on a website and there is another website were you can paste the url and have it converted into any format for reading on a kindle/nook etc.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/275598...ing_Commitment this is the site with her stories. The first one is Avoiding Commitment

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/283694...Responsibility this is the sequel Avoiding Responsibility

http://www.flagfic.com/mobi and this is the site that converts them for whatever format you would like to read them on.

Enjoy
Jul 6, 2012, 8:02am   #17
admat97's Avatar
Thread Starter
AHS...Yes!
Originally Posted by chunkylover53
I recently read Gabriel's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture. Absolutely adored both. Fantastic books!

I have Love Unscripted, Slammed and Strangers plus more waiting to go... hmm, what to read next!
My vote goes to Love Unscripted first!
Jul 6, 2012, 4:20pm   #18
robbins65's Avatar
Member
Ahhhhhh I'm having Kellan Kyle withdrawals!!!!! :-)
Jul 6, 2012, 5:38pm   #19
admat97's Avatar
Thread Starter
AHS...Yes!
Originally Posted by tinkerbell4726
So I just read through Avoiding Commitment and Avoiding Responsibility and holy cow! What an emotional rollercoaster! My heart is STILL reeling. And the best part of those two books are that they are free :) the author has them published on a website and there is another website were you can paste the url and have it converted into any format for reading on a kindle/nook etc.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/275598...ing_Commitment this is the site with her stories. The first one is Avoiding Commitment

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/283694...Responsibility this is the sequel Avoiding Responsibility

[url]http://www.flagfic.com/mobi[/url] and this is the site that converts them for whatever format you would like to read them on.

Enjoy
How freaking cool is this??? Thank you!
Jul 7, 2012, 12:52am   #20
Bentley1's Avatar
Member
Thoughtless was SUCH an annoying read because of Kiera.

That character was such a drain, I wanted to punch her in the face.

Not to mention the writing was so elementary and some boring scenes so draaawwwnn out and wordy. UGH
Jul 7, 2012, 2:50am   #21
tinkerbell4726's Avatar
Bibliophile
Originally Posted by admat97
How freaking cool is this??? Thank you!

They are REALLY good. At least I like a lot of drama. The books are a little tedious in detail but the emotional development of the characters had me hooked. Let me know if you read them! I REALLY enjoyed both and I am hoping for a 3rd!
Jul 7, 2012, 4:05pm   #22
HandbagLuvr's Avatar
Member
Lisa kleypas wrote a great trilogy (each book contains a new love story, but many of the characters are in each of the books) of contemporary romances.

Sugar daddy
Blue eyed devil
Smooth talking stranger

Kleypas used to write historical romance only (wallflowers series is a great read) and she has just the right balance of storyline and lovemaking scenes. Also her heroines are not annoying like some other books.

I have read the 50 shades trilogy and while the overall storyline had legs, it could've been wrapped up in 1 book and edited better.
Jul 7, 2012, 5:41pm   #23
robbins65's Avatar
Member
Just read Beautiful Disaster in one sitting. Liked it a lot.
Jul 7, 2012, 9:36pm   #24
admat97's Avatar
Thread Starter
AHS...Yes!
Has anyone read Strangers by Barbara Elsborg? I really liked it.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7261828-strangers
Jul 8, 2012, 12:36am   #25
Bentley1's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by robbins65
Just read Beautiful Disaster in one sitting. Liked it a lot.
I just started Beautiful Disaster today and I really like it so far.

Much better than thoughtless, IMO.
Jul 8, 2012, 7:13am   #26
robbins65's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Bentley1
I just started Beautiful Disaster today and I really like it so far.

Much better than thoughtless, IMO.
Have you read Effortless? I liked it better than Thoughtless, Keira isn't as annoying
Jul 8, 2012, 7:37am   #27
tinkerbell4726's Avatar
Bibliophile
I'd still slap Keira. Her irritation from the 1st book lingers going into the 2nd lmao
Jul 8, 2012, 8:05am   #28
robbins65's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by tinkerbell4726
I'd still slap Keira. Her irritation from the 1st book lingers going into the 2nd lmao
True! But I still loved both books
Jul 8, 2012, 10:19am   #29
tinkerbell4726's Avatar
Bibliophile
Originally Posted by robbins65
True! But I still loved both books
Oh me too! I just wanted to slap her silly based on principal lol
Jul 8, 2012, 10:41am   #30
Robicslady's Avatar
Mad about bags
tinkerbell: I just read both stories! I literally ignored my family and my messy house for an entire day! What an emotional roller coaster, indeed!
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music  
TOP

Thread Tools