Home The Playground Books & Music

Fell in love with Emily Giffin books - similar author recommendations?

POST A REPLY

Oct 28, 2011, 2:32pm   #16
Sophie Kinsella who also writes under her pen name "Madeline Wickham." Good, fun, light reads!
Oct 29, 2011, 12:21pm   #17
F
Originally Posted by pixie61582
Sophie Kinsella who also writes under her pen name "Madeline Wickham." Good, fun, light reads!
I didn't know that! Now I will have to look them up, I love her books!
Feb 2, 2012, 4:17pm   #18
Longing...
Love all those authors too!!
Feb 8, 2012, 11:38am   #19
Choose to be happy
Originally Posted by coutureinatl
all are great suggestions as I am a fan of them all. You should also add Madeleine Wickham to your list.

Madeleine is actually the real name for Sophie Kinsella. For some reason she decided to write under both names
Originally Posted by Fatima Fayez
I didn't know that! Now I will have to look them up, I love her books!
Me either...I like the first Shopoholic, but not so much the rest of the series...but I did like her other books I have read; Twenties Girl, Remember Me, Can you Keep a Secret, Undomestic Godess.
Feb 12, 2012, 10:07pm   #20
Don't know if this was said already but Sophie Kinsella has new book coming out on valentines day. You can pre-order. I like her books too.
Feb 20, 2012, 4:26pm   #21
You should also read "Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin! I absolutely loved the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, and I would recommend that.
Feb 21, 2012, 1:54pm   #22
In Love
To this day, Something Borrowed is one of my favorite books. It's an easy read but you get sucked into the characters. Coincidentally, I'm currently reading a Giffin book now called , Heart of the Matter. It's not my favorite.
Feb 21, 2012, 1:55pm   #23
In Love
Originally Posted by toobabyish
You should also read "Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin! I absolutely loved the Confessions of a Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, and I would recommend that.
I loved the Shopaholic series too!
Feb 21, 2012, 8:58pm   #24
Originally Posted by twinkle.tink
Me either...I like the first Shopoholic, but not so much the rest of the series...but I did like her other books I have read; Twenties Girl, Remember Me, Can you Keep a Secret, Undomestic Godess.
I really liked all of these- especially Remember Me!
Feb 21, 2012, 9:11pm   #25
In Love
Originally Posted by nauticalstar
I really liked all of these- especially Remember Me!

oh yes! that book was good!
Jul 18, 2012, 3:43pm   #26
K
I just read a really good book called Leaving Green Island that reminded me a lot of Emily Giffin (whose books I love) - http://www.amazon.com/Leaving-Green-.../dp/B008HSRCHQ
May 28, 2013, 7:34pm   #27
n
I absolutely love all her books. I just finished reading the last and final book of hers. I'm glad you posted this, I have been looking for another author to get into!
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music