Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Favorite Anti-Hero

POST A REPLY

Jul 10, 2012, 1:19pm   #1
tinkerbell4726
Bibliophile
So I know we have a thread with the emotional alpha males but now I wanna know who is your favorite antihero and why?

I keep thinking back to reading Avoiding Commitment and the character Jack was total antihero, yet as much of dbag he was I really wanted him to pull through and become the hero! Has anyone read a book feeling the same?

Suggestions encouraged
Jul 11, 2012, 7:45am   #2
LindaP
My all time favorite ant hero would be Dorothy Dunnett's Francis Crawford of Lymond, he could be so infuriatingly cruel at times but somehow still had a heart of gold.

However, if we're going more for guys that could be jerks and we loved them anyway - Seth from Shannon McKenna's Behind Closed Doors. Bobby Tom from Susan Elizabeth's Heaven Texas was a riot and also a real stinker at times. For the Urban Fantasy genre Cal and Niko Leandros from Rob Thurman's series that starts with Nightlife are pretty awesome.
Jul 11, 2012, 6:49pm   #3
Cait
only once you live
Sgt. Troy from Far From the Madding Crowd.

I love Batman, but I guess he's more of a tortured hero, than a real anti-hero perse.
Jul 17, 2012, 2:33pm   #4
R
Rudy53420
Account Deactivated
My all-time favorite anti-hero is Snake Plissken....a current one would be Daryl from The Walking Dead.
Attached Images

POST A REPLY
  HOME > >