Home The Playground Books & Music

Do you preserve magazines like books, or do you throw them away like newspapers?

POST A REPLY

Apr 19, 2012, 11:44pm   #46
Originally Posted by thenorthwood

Sassy was truly a revelation for me. The bands, the articles, the fashion, the writers whom I felt like I knew. I loved the "indie" feel of the magazine and could relate to it more than Teen or YM.

Well, I actually threw away all my Sassy magazines and a portion of my Jane magazines. Then in the early 2000's I was feeling nostalgic and bought all of them on eBay so now I have a complete set of each title. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling to read through Sassy again.

That's awesome, what a great thing to have! But I understand how it's not the same as the printed magazine.
I did install the National Geographic on my computer. It is a bit sucky. Rather have the originals.

I do have the first volume and edition. It is a reprint but it s hard to tell.

Sent from my iPad 64GB from where I am now.
Apr 20, 2012, 1:06am   #47
<3 Mulberry
I have a large pile of vogue magazines, I like them as I think they look nice, I most likely wouldn't read them again, but they have a stylish edge to them and I'm 'in to' that kind of decor (wooden floors, large bookshelves, magazines stacked high used as side tables, large fancy fireplaces....I can't really describe it lol) they are in a cupboard until I move into a house officially instead of renting, but I will still keep them, some I haven't even opened the packaging!
Apr 20, 2012, 9:32am   #48
Fashionably me :)
Ever since I got my kindle Fire I've been getting magazines on that. I feel it's a waste of paper to buy a magazine which you look through once then throw out.
Apr 21, 2012, 9:18am   #49
It's all uncharted
Originally Posted by MrsBradley
I dismember them. No kidding. I take out the pages with articles and looks I like and file them in a huge binder. The rest goes for recycling. Declutters the house and really, how often you pick up a year old magazine?
I do the same thing. But I have to be more selective with what I rip out because I have a few too many binders. LOL.
Apr 21, 2012, 10:18am   #50
Now I do have some phone books from the years of 1914, 1919, 1942, 1943, 1952, 1959, 1963.

I also have annual magazine published by the Los Angeles Times from 1957.

Sent from my iPad 64GB from where I am now.
Apr 21, 2012, 3:29pm   #51
Prima Donna Assoluta
I donīt generally, except when Radar was still putting out issues. Iīve kept every single one of them. Stuff like Vogue and Cosmo I very seldom buy and when I do, I donīt keep them after reading.
Apr 22, 2012, 12:33pm   #52
I recycle all my mags
I get a lot because I used to have a beauty salon and they send them for free
I take some to schools for teachers to use for art projects and recycle the rest

I do save national geographics for some resaon
Apr 23, 2012, 1:44am   #53
~Travelista~
Magazines are usually around for 6 months, after that I recycle them.
May 14, 2012, 10:31pm   #54
Mental Discipline
i have all my books from since age 7.

the magazines i kept them for a decade or so but had to throw them out because of mould, moths etc. I still have some Nat Geo mags which are about 30+ years old.
May 14, 2012, 11:27pm   #55
I save my Food Network magazines and other cooking magazines and I save any magazine with Gwen Stefani on the cover - I have most of the magazines she has been on the cover for the last 10 years
May 15, 2012, 9:39pm   #56
Ibu to 3 Lovely Nurs
I recycle them..currently I just borrow from the library
Jun 28, 2012, 9:57am   #57
I keep them for a while then toss them out
Jun 28, 2012, 10:28am   #58
I have all of the Marie Claire and W magazines from like the last 4 years. I just can't bring myself to throw them away.
Jun 29, 2012, 9:05am   #59
Bargain Hunter!
I do! But only the Vogue Collections editions - they only come out twice a year, and are true collectibales
Jun 29, 2012, 5:19pm   #60
h
keep my favorite issues & toss the rest out
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music