Home The Playground Books & Music

Any Romance book readers here on tPF


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Oct 26, 2010, 4:44pm   #61
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Originally Posted by NYCBelle
Have any of you read Gaelen Foley's books? they're great I use to read her a lot.
Love her books too. This is one of my active books too. Something called, The Devil's Bride. Very good.

All of her Lord Of ....series is good too!
Oct 26, 2010, 9:14pm   #62
l
Member
There are many authors I have read and some I haven't heard of (but intend on looking into). I just wanted to add that I enjoyed reading Heather Grahams historical romances: The Florida Series (6 books), and One wore gray, One wore blue, And one rode west just to name a few.
Oct 27, 2010, 8:33am   #63
NYCBelle's Avatar
oh so fabuleuse
Originally Posted by logan
There are many authors I have read and some I haven't heard of (but intend on looking into). I just wanted to add that I enjoyed reading Heather Grahams historical romances: The Florida Series (6 books), and One wore gray, One wore blue, And one rode west just to name a few.

Yes loved those!!!
Oct 27, 2010, 8:34am   #64
NYCBelle's Avatar
oh so fabuleuse
Originally Posted by Ladybug09
Love her books too. This is one of my active books too. Something called, The Devil's Bride. Very good.

All of her Lord Of ....series is good too!

yes the Knights Miscellany. The Ascension series is great too!
Nov 14, 2010, 9:32pm   #65
A
Save me Superman!
I am on a cowboy roll currently (don't ask! ). Would love recommendations of books that involve cowboys. I don't care if there isn't any sex involved so long as its a good story.
Nov 14, 2010, 11:10pm   #66
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Originally Posted by Aniski
I am on a cowboy roll currently (don't ask! ). Would love recommendations of books that involve cowboys. I don't care if there isn't any sex involved so long as its a good story.
I posted this on another thread. You may also want to check out her English Lord series that's set in Texas. It's about 3 English lords kind of banished from their homeland and the new life they make in Texas. Then this series goes into her English/American heiress series. I Highly recommend this also.

Also, I'm a big romance reader...this is an old series but very moving and
all 3 books are great! They are standalones, but they are best when read together.

Lorraine Heath

Texas Destiny

Quote:
She was his brother's bride . . . .

Arriving on the Fort Worth train, Miss Amelia Carson, mail-order bride, had never met Dallas Leigh, the Texan she promised to marry. The tall cowboy at the station wasn't Dallas. He was Houston, Dallas's brother, sent to escort her on the rugged three-week trek to the ranch where Dallas waited. Brought up in war-ravaged Georgia, Amelia thought Dallas's letters made Texas sound like heaven, a place for her dreams to grow with the right man beside her.

And his only love. . . .

By all appearances, Houston Leigh would hardly be considered the "right man." The war he survived had scarred him inside and out, and he was little competition for his handsome brother. But from the moment Houston met Amelia, he knew she possessed the courage this wild land needed. She had eyes that could see past his wounded face to his soul. And he would fight any man--except his brother--for her heart. Now he and Amelia were riding down dangerous trails, sleeping under the stars, and, God help them, they were falling in love. . . .



Quote:
She was his brother's bride . . . .

Arriving on the Fort Worth train, Miss Amelia Carson, mail-order bride, had never met Dallas Leigh, the Texan she promised to marry. The tall cowboy at the station wasn't Dallas. He was Houston, Dallas's brother, sent to escort her on the rugged three-week trek to the ranch where Dallas waited. Brought up in war-ravaged Georgia, Amelia thought Dallas's letters made Texas sound like heaven, a place for her dreams to grow with the right man beside her.

And his only love. . . .

By all appearances, Houston Leigh would hardly be considered the "right man." The war he survived had scarred him inside and out, and he was little competition for his handsome brother. But from the moment Houston met Amelia, he knew she possessed the courage this wild land needed. She had eyes that could see past his wounded face to his soul. And he would fight any man--except his brother--for her heart. Now he and Amelia were riding down dangerous trails, sleeping under the stars, and, God help them, they were falling in love. . . .

Texas Glory

Quote:
She was wed to a stranger who would show her the way to freedom and love . . .

Ever since her mother's death, Cordelia McQueen has been a virtual prisoner in her father's house. But now everything had changed. Shamelessly traded in a battle for land and water rights, she was thrust into an unfamiliar world as the bride of Dallas Leigh.

Dallas had given his life to the land. Now he would build a town that would put West Texas on the map. But as he gazed into the eyes of the lovely stranger who belonged to him, he caught a glimpse of another empire--a warm, radiant empire of the heart. Was this a woman to walk beside him, as, together, they carved out a future rich with the radiant promise of love?



Quote:
She was wed to a stranger who would show her the way to freedom and love . . .

Ever since her mother's death, Cordelia McQueen has been a virtual prisoner in her father's house. But now everything had changed. Shamelessly traded in a battle for land and water rights, she was thrust into an unfamiliar world as the bride of Dallas Leigh.

Dallas had given his life to the land. Now he would build a town that would put West Texas on the map. But as he gazed into the eyes of the lovely stranger who belonged to him, he caught a glimpse of another empire--a warm, radiant empire of the heart. Was this a woman to walk beside him, as, together, they carved out a future rich with the radiant promise of love?

Texas Splendor

Quote:
Five years in prison for a crime he didn't commit...

That's how long Austin Leigh has waited to clear his name, and to be reunited with his beloved Becky. But when he is finally released, Becky is married to another. Now, Austin is determined to find the killer who destroyed his life and ruined his one chance for love. He is searching for justice--and for revenge. But what he discovers along the way is something quite different.

Her name is Loree Grant, and she's survived tragedy of her own. She is the kind of friend that Austin has never had, a true companion on the long road to forgiveness and redemption. And as Austin slowly bares his soul to this strong and beautiful woman, he begins to open his heart . . . to love.

Quote:
Five years in prison for a crime he didn't commit...

That's how long Austin Leigh has waited to clear his name, and to be reunited with his beloved Becky. But when he is finally released, Becky is married to another. Now, Austin is determined to find the killer who destroyed his life and ruined his one chance for love. He is searching for justice--and for revenge. But what he discovers along the way is something quite different.

Her name is Loree Grant, and she's survived tragedy of her own. She is the kind of friend that Austin has never had, a true companion on the long road to forgiveness and redemption. And as Austin slowly bares his soul to this strong and beautiful woman, he begins to open his heart . . . to love.
Nov 15, 2010, 8:48am   #67
NYCBelle's Avatar
oh so fabuleuse
I ordered The Wicked Marquess by Gaelen Foley on my nook. It is the #1 book from the Inferno Club series. I'll be reading it after Eclipse
Nov 19, 2010, 10:41pm   #68
Aab1983's Avatar
Member
i love julie garwood. her book ransom is one of my favorites. and also the wedding and the bride. when i get bored and theres nothing to read i always head to one of those. wish she would write another historical novel. lisa kleypas, sabrina jeffries, karen hawkins, julia quinn, and julia london are mi ly top faves. meghan mckinney is awesome. wish she was still writing. now that woman can write a book. i used to like amanda quick but they were getting to boring. nicole jordan is kinda hit and miss to. im a romance novel junkie.when i was younger i used to hide my books behind my rl stines just so my mom wouldnt know what i was reading. ha.
Nov 19, 2010, 11:13pm   #69
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Lol
Nov 20, 2010, 6:45am   #70
happywife18's Avatar
Member
I love Julie Garwood too. Ransom is my favorite followed by The Bride, The Wedding and The Secret. I don't remember how many times I've reread these 4 books.

Originally Posted by Aab1983
i love julie garwood. her book ransom is one of my favorites. and also the wedding and the bride. when i get bored and theres nothing to read i always head to one of those. wish she would write another historical novel. lisa kleypas, sabrina jeffries, karen hawkins, julia quinn, and julia london are mi ly top faves. meghan mckinney is awesome. wish she was still writing. now that woman can write a book. i used to like amanda quick but they were getting to boring. nicole jordan is kinda hit and miss to. im a romance novel junkie.when i was younger i used to hide my books behind my rl stines just so my mom wouldnt know what i was reading. ha.
Nov 20, 2010, 9:06am   #71
Aab1983's Avatar
Member
yea the secret was an amazing book for sure. when angels fall by meghan mckinney was an awesome book and then again so was lions and lace. i will say this though i just read 10 things i love about you by julia quinn and i though it was just awful. i also just read the truth about lord stoneville by sabrina jeffries and lets just say i stayed up til 3 in the morning cause i couldnt put it down. ha
Nov 20, 2010, 9:11am   #72
Aab1983's Avatar
Member
i have three books to read this weekend karen hawkins much ado about marriage. gaelen foley my dangerous duke and lisa kleypas love in the afternoon. so ill let you all know how they are!!
Nov 21, 2010, 6:21pm   #73
A
Save me Superman!
Thanks Ladybug!! I will check them out!
Nov 21, 2010, 10:14pm   #74
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Originally Posted by Aab1983
yea the secret was an amazing book for sure. when angels fall by meghan mckinney was an awesome book and then again so was lions and lace. i will say this though i just read 10 things i love about you by julia quinn and i though it was just awful. i also just read the truth about lord stoneville by sabrina jeffries and lets just say i stayed up til 3 in the morning cause i couldnt put it down. ha
Sabrina is a good writer.
Nov 21, 2010, 10:15pm   #75
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Originally Posted by Aab1983
i have three books to read this weekend karen hawkins much ado about marriage. gaelen foley my dangerous duke and lisa kleypas love in the afternoon. so ill let you all know how they are!!

All three Author's are good.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music  
TOP

Thread Tools