Home The Playground Books & Music

2014 Reading Challenges

POST A REPLY

Jan 1, 2014, 7:26pm   #1
p
Anyone have any reading goals for this year? How many?

My goal is 61 this year. I'm aiming for 5 more than I did in 2013
Jan 1, 2014, 10:42pm   #2
l
Looking for Winter
My main reading goal is to read as much as I can because I just love to read, but I'm aiming for 150 books in 2014, about 25 more than I read in 2013.
Jan 2, 2014, 6:54am   #3
you win or you die
I am aiming for 50 again this year. I have way too many books on my tbr list and not enough time to read them!
Jan 2, 2014, 8:06am   #4
My baby, Bellis
With work I only have time to read 1-2 per week so I guess I will shoot for 100. I am going to try to remember to enter every book I read in Goodreads. They keep a running total for you. Last year I hardly ever entered the books and at the end of the year I received an e-mail from Goodreads saying Congrats! you read 7 books last year. LOL
Jan 2, 2014, 1:44pm   #5
I am going for 50 this year. Last year I read 80 but I plan to read some really long books, currently reading Gone With the Wind.
Jan 2, 2014, 3:50pm   #6
Murphy's Mama
I'm going for a book a week. Have to say the kindle (considering how long I spent whining about loving real books and it would be a waste of money) has dramatically increased my reading.
Jan 3, 2014, 6:09am   #7
hubba hubba ;)
I'm going to go with 10.
(it's always the same number but always glad to be reading!)
Jan 3, 2014, 9:56pm   #8
E
I'm going to try and read as many as I can, I love reading real books and on my kindle

Sent from my iPad using PurseForum
Jan 6, 2014, 1:40am   #9
a
Account Deactivated
Last year I read 68 books.

In 2014 I hope I will read 60. If my man is away from home too often, maybe I will read more but only because I'll miss him.
Jan 6, 2014, 1:37pm   #10
~Travelista~
I read around 70 books last year but my goal is always 52. I don't wanna press myself.
Jan 9, 2014, 2:05am   #11
s
I love reading challenge! Last year I only aim for 15, so this year, I go with 30!
Jan 11, 2014, 9:03am   #12
FRIV2.ORG
I love reading challenge , maybe I will read more
Jan 11, 2014, 3:27pm   #13
B
where have all of you been all my life! Most people I know think its really strange that I will pick up a book and get through it in a couple days. I'd love to know what everyone is reading, I'm in major need of book suggestions
Jan 11, 2014, 4:15pm   #14
a
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Bakerette
where have all of you been all my life! Most people I know think its really strange that I will pick up a book and get through it in a couple days. I'd love to know what everyone is reading, I'm in major need of book suggestions
maybe we can post our list of books we finish in this thread. I am also on Goodreads which I enjoy. I can see what my friends are reading there.
Jan 11, 2014, 7:34pm   #15
m
I'm a slow reader, so I'll aim for a book every couple of weeks - 24 total. I'm pretty much on that pace for this year - finished one book already, and am now reading quite a long book, so it will probably take me the rest of this month to finish it.

But honestly my main goal is just to spend more time reading overall, just from week to week - to build up consistent habits.

ETA: I love goodreads too - it's a great place to find suggestions and reviews for books.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Books & Music