Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

New York City{NYC} - visitor's guide & questions

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Apr 2, 2012, 6:42pm   #1126
Mediana's Avatar
Mediana
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by lafemmenikita
That's about what I paid for Book of Mormon.

I thought Zarkana was ok, but I don't have other Cirque de Soleil performances to compare it to.
Tickets to Book of Mormon or a Proenza Schouler Continental Wallet and some nail polishes.. Hmmm... tought one :)
Apr 2, 2012, 6:55pm   #1127
mundodabolsa's Avatar
mundodabolsa
Member
Originally Posted by Mediana
Tickets to Book of Mormon or a Proenza Schouler Continental Wallet and some nail polishes.. Hmmm... tought one :)
lady go see the show!! that's what you'd spend on a dinner or two at these restaurants you want to go to anyhow

(p.s. I am totally biased but I think live theater is more worth it!)
Apr 7, 2012, 8:52am   #1128
Mediana's Avatar
Mediana
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
lady go see the show!! that's what you'd spend on a dinner or two at these restaurants you want to go to anyhow

(p.s. I am totally biased but I think live theater is more worth it!)
I know but $735 is a lot for me for 2,5 hours.
Apr 7, 2012, 1:35pm   #1129
CuTe_ClAsSy's Avatar
CuTe_ClAsSy
Member
Originally Posted by Mediana
I know but $735 is a lot for me for 2,5 hours.
I'd agree. I think you could find cheaper, equally as fun alternatives.
Apr 7, 2012, 2:12pm   #1130
mundodabolsa's Avatar
mundodabolsa
Member
Originally Posted by Mediana
I know but $735 is a lot for me for 2,5 hours.
if you say so

if you want a really fun theatrical experience for less see sleep no more. looks like now the run is only scheduled through the end of june but it's so damn popular I bet it will keep being extended. I know people who have gone multiple times.
Last edited Apr 7, 2012 at 2:21pm.
Apr 7, 2012, 2:15pm   #1131
Mediana's Avatar
Mediana
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
if you say so :whistles:

if you want a really fun theatrical experience for less see sleep no more. looks like now the run is only scheduled through the end of june but it's so damn popular I bet it will keep being extended. I know people who have gone multiple times.
Thank you. If you hear about an extension can you please let me know?
Apr 7, 2012, 2:22pm   #1132
mundodabolsa's Avatar
mundodabolsa
Member
Originally Posted by Mediana
Thank you. If you hear about an extension can you please let me know?
of course! either way ask me again closer to your trip for performance suggestions. the turnover is so high that it's hard to know what will be open in november. it's my field so even if I haven't seen something I usually hear about what people are buzzing about.
Apr 7, 2012, 2:49pm   #1133
Mediana's Avatar
Mediana
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
of course! either way ask me again closer to your trip for performance suggestions. the turnover is so high that it's hard to know what will be open in november. it's my field so even if I haven't seen something I usually hear about what people are buzzing about.
Thank you .. this is actually for the end of August. I'm gonna be in NYC for two nights. Then I'm back again in Nov for five nights.
Apr 11, 2012, 9:37am   #1134
p
piupa
Member
dear friends,
in a few days I'llleave for a trip of 10 days in Boston and New York and I'm very excited and impatient. I've always dreamed of visiting New York and Boston and this will be my first time in the USA.
I love this forum and I found here a lot of useful information!

If possible, I would love to have your precious suggestions and addresses of shops and places in NY & Boston.

I love vintage and a lot of people told me that in Brooklyn I can find many shops dedicated to vintage ... But unfortunately I have not any address!
Any suggestions for shopping, restaurants and special places to visit and see absolutely will be most welcome!
.... I can reciprocate by giving you tips on Paris, Milan, Florence and various outlet stores! Have a nice day!
Nicole

thanks a lot!
Apr 11, 2012, 5:48pm   #1135
VanessaJean's Avatar
VanessaJean
Tattooed Princess
I'm excited to hear about Boston too. We might do a road trip in the summer.
Apr 16, 2012, 4:52am   #1136
Mediana's Avatar
Mediana
~Travelista~
Anyone know of any new hotels?
May 17, 2012, 10:57am   #1137
layd3k's Avatar
layd3k
Member
Quick question! This will be my fourth time to NYC so I know which taxis to get, but I don't remember if they offer you flat rate from LGA to your hotel or do they do it by the meter? I think it is by meter and usually around 30.00-40.00 with tip? Please share your experiences!
May 17, 2012, 8:54pm   #1138
CuTe_ClAsSy's Avatar
CuTe_ClAsSy
Member
Originally Posted by layd3k
Quick question! This will be my fourth time to NYC so I know which taxis to get, but I don't remember if they offer you flat rate from LGA to your hotel or do they do it by the meter? I think it is by meter and usually around 30.00-40.00 with tip? Please share your experiences!
It's by meter. Depending on traffic/where your hotel is it can be a bit more expensive.
May 17, 2012, 9:10pm   #1139
layd3k's Avatar
layd3k
Member
Originally Posted by CuTe_ClAsSy
It's by meter. Depending on traffic/where your hotel is it can be a bit more expensive.
Thank You!
May 29, 2012, 10:05pm   #1140
BagAngel's Avatar
BagAngel
Louis Vuitton Addict
My daughter has friends going to New York in December, flights booked but all hotels that they find are very expensive. These kids want to shop, shop, shop. Can anyone recommend a good central hotel that is not too pricey? TIA.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools