Home The Playground Bon Voyage

London Heathrow- transportation question

POST A REPLY

Jun 21, 2012, 9:51am   #1
Hi Ladies!

I really hope someone can help me out :) I was hoping if someone can recommend a car service or a safe alternative to travelling from Heathrow to my city hotel. It's going to be my first time in London and the last thing I want to do landing in the evening is to get lost with luggage. Cost isn't an issue as long as I can get to my hotel quickly and fuss free.

I've done some researching but I'm overwhelmed by the different options that I've decided to see if anyone can offer a personal experience POV and recommend me something? Thank you Ladies!

TIA!
Jun 21, 2012, 10:25am   #2
~Travelista~
I've never used a car service. I usually take the Heathrow Express and a taxi from Paddington to the hotel or I take a Taxi the whole way. I don't think there's any reason why you should feel unsafe but if you're landing in the night perhaps a taxi the whole way is easier.
Jun 22, 2012, 5:30am   #3
^ cheers thank you! i guess black cabs the way to go :)
Jul 2, 2012, 5:14pm   #4
*Sun in my eyes*
Taking a black is probably your best bet, maybe you could get a car service from your hotel otherwise?
Jul 3, 2012, 1:59am   #5
Would have also suggested a taxi
Jul 3, 2012, 10:24pm   #6
C
Back in 5 minutes..
Op - where is your hotel?

If money is no object, then cab it. It could get over US $100. That personally makes me itch from a "principal of it" perspective. I take a train wherever possible, but that is my own personal preference and I enjoy the challenge. You may not feel the same, especially if arriving later in the evening.

You can take the Heathrow Express to Paddington and then cab it to your hotel. You can also check google maps to see where the closest metro stop is to your hotel from Paddington, and take the tube from there.

Google Earth and Street View can also do wonders helping to get familiar with the route before you arrive - the walk between the tube and your hotel.

If you have a crap-ton of luggage, well a cab may be best. GL!
Jul 4, 2012, 8:46am   #7
The tube really is safe and easy, the only reason I could see to not take it is if you have loads of luggage and no one to help you with it. If that's the case then go for a cab, but as mentioned it would be expensive and probably wouldn't save much time either. Also remember black cabs are on meters so if you get stuck in traffic the meter is running...
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Bon Voyage