Traveler
I know this hotel isn't convienent.

But I love it & we'll always stay there - Ciragen Palace
Oct 18, 2011, 3:46pm   #62
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by Vegas Long Legs
I know this hotel isn't convienent.

But I love it & we'll always stay there - Ciragen Palace
The hotel is great, I just don't think I'll have that much use for in January. What do you think?
Oct 18, 2011, 9:26pm   #63
V
Traveler
Do you mean the pool?
Oct 19, 2011, 2:17am   #64
~Travelista~
Do you mean the pool?
The Pool, the outdoor, since its right by the river. I was thinking something more sheltered. No?
Oct 19, 2011, 12:38pm   #65
V
Traveler
I've been to Istanbul in Nov & August. Both times - great weather.
Don't know what the weather would be like in January?

This hotel is so gorgeous, I loved the restaurants, minimal but good shopping & its right next door to the 4 seasons.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:50pm   #66
~Travelista~
I've been to Istanbul in Nov & August. Both times - great weather.
Don't know what the weather would be like in January?

This hotel is so gorgeous, I loved the restaurants, minimal but good shopping & its right next door to the 4 seasons.
I might reconsider. Perhaps I go for it anyway. It's only 2-8 degrees Celsius.
Nov 4, 2011, 8:57am   #67
Any restaurant recommendations with a view? My SO is Turkish and lives in Istanbul but I'm not so sure he is up on the cool special occasion type places for dinner. We went to Kiz Kulesi (Maiden's Tower) for dinner a couple years ago when I was there and I loved that it was a little different, taking a boat, etc. I prefer something on the European side.
Nov 8, 2011, 1:28am   #68
Originally Posted by PixieGirl
Any restaurant recommendations with a view? My SO is Turkish and lives in Istanbul but I'm not so sure he is up on the cool special occasion type places for dinner. We went to Kiz Kulesi (Maiden's Tower) for dinner a couple years ago when I was there and I loved that it was a little different, taking a boat, etc. I prefer something on the European side.
Reina and Anjelique in Ortakoy, Vogue in Nisantasi, Chilai in Bebek, Ulus 29 in Ulus, 360 in Taksim... there are so many! Or Suada which is a mad-made island in the middle of the Bosphorus between Europe and Asia hosting 5 restaurants and a pool. It's in Kurucesme between Ortakoy and Bebek, a must-see!
Dec 15, 2011, 4:27am   #69
Easily Distracted!
Istanbul! Lived a whole year there, great memories and friends there!
Dec 15, 2011, 12:50pm   #70
~Travelista~
More recs are welcome, I'm going next month.
Dec 18, 2011, 11:43am   #71
drive LV
I am going over Easter time April 6-april14. What's the weather like? I think we are staying in the gulhane park hotel.
Dec 24, 2011, 7:50pm   #72
drive LV
I am staying at the Orient Express Hotel tripadvisor gave it great reviews. will be there for 7 days.
Mar 26, 2012, 8:08am   #73
Going there for 5 days from good Friday until tuesday after Easter ! Can't wait! Any more recommendations would be great! Dh, the kids and I will be staying at the hilton Bosphorus.
Mar 30, 2012, 8:32pm   #74
drive LV
I will be there the same time the 6-14 I changed and we are staying At the w. I am excited a little worried I hope we stay safe.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Bon Voyage