POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
May 31, 2012, 3:44pm   #31
clevercat's Avatar
Murphy's Mama
Originally Posted by letteshop
I'll be in Dublin the end of July, what is the weather like during that time? I heard that you can see a lot of Dublin by just walking. My family and I will only be there for two days so not long enough to do day trips. I plan on seeing Kilmainham Gaol and Trinity College for sure. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that's in the heart of the city so that we can walk to see the sights? Our budget is a little tight since we will have to get two rooms. I don't like motel types but can do standard hotels like Holiday Inn or a bit nicer if the price is reasonable. Thanks for any help!!
I stay at the Academy Plaza when I'm in Dublin - it's not too basic and it's not too expensive - perfect for a couple of evenings and it's quite central.
May 31, 2012, 5:16pm   #32
M
New lover of CL'S
Originally Posted by letteshop
I'll be in Dublin the end of July, what is the weather like during that time? I heard that you can see a lot of Dublin by just walking. My family and I will only be there for two days so not long enough to do day trips. I plan on seeing Kilmainham Gaol and Trinity College for sure. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that's in the heart of the city so that we can walk to see the sights? Our budget is a little tight since we will have to get two rooms. I don't like motel types but can do standard hotels like Holiday Inn or a bit nicer if the price is reasonable. Thanks for any help!!
hey there
im living in dublin and the following can be done in 2 days http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Ti...urist-Tickets/
if you wanna travel around dublin on the buses

are you flying in if so you can stay here :
http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

transfer to and from airport :
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/D...dublin-airport

if staying in city ? try here http://www.staydublin.com/
they have apartments within walking distance dublin
Jun 1, 2012, 4:57pm   #33
letteshop's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by clevercat

I stay at the Academy Plaza when I'm in Dublin - it's not too basic and it's not too expensive - perfect for a couple of evenings and it's quite central.
Thank you, I'll look into it.
Jun 1, 2012, 4:58pm   #34
letteshop's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Moonbeam1976

hey there
im living in dublin and the following can be done in 2 days
[*]Open Deck tour bus - hop on hop off - do whole of tourist things in two days
http://www.dublinsightseeing.ie/citytour.aspx


http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Ti...urist-Tickets/
if you wanna travel around dublin on the buses

are you flying in if so you can stay here :
http://www.premierinn.com/en/search!execute.action

transfer to and from airport :
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/D...dublin-airport

if staying in city ? try here http://www.staydublin.com/
they have apartments within walking distance dublin
Thanks for the tips. What is the weather like at the end of July? I have no idea what to pack.
Jun 1, 2012, 5:31pm   #35
M
New lover of CL'S
Originally Posted by letteshop
Thanks for the tips. What is the weather like at the end of July? I have no idea what to pack.
bring various light layers where you can wear a number of light ones -- also a rainjacket
Jun 2, 2012, 8:26am   #36
P
Member
Originally Posted by letteshop

Thanks for the tips. What is the weather like at the end of July? I have no idea what to pack.
Should be hot actually but often a risk of light showers. Have a great time, I know you will. Maybe you will visit the north too? Belfast is fab
Jun 6, 2012, 2:00am   #37
letteshop's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Moonbeam1976

bring various light layers where you can wear a number of light ones -- also a rainjacket
Thanks for the response. We are planning to bring packable rain jackets and compact umbrellas.


Originally Posted by Prada_Princess

Should be hot actually but often a risk of light showers. Have a great time, I know you will. Maybe you will visit the north too? Belfast is fab
I don't think we will have enough time to visit the north. We are only in Dublin for 2 days.

What is the fastest way to get to the airport from the Conrad Dublin? I've searched online and there are several options via bus or taxi, but I think taxi would be the best option even though it is more costly. Any other suggestions?
Jul 24, 2012, 2:51pm   #38
M
New lover of CL'S
Originally Posted by letteshop
Thanks for the response. We are planning to bring packable rain jackets and compact umbrellas.




I don't think we will have enough time to visit the north. We are only in Dublin for 2 days.

What is the fastest way to get to the airport from the Conrad Dublin? I've searched online and there are several options via bus or taxi, but I think taxi would be the best option even though it is more costly. Any other suggestions?
not sure if youve been or not but try the following links for transfers to city

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Turn left as you leave the front door of the airport and you will see the blue and sometimes white buses of Aircoach. Pay for your ticket from the little kiosk. Get the Leopardstown route Aircoach as far as Leeson Street. When you get off the bus you walk back down the street about 60 yds and turn left on to Earlsfort Terrace. Your hotel is about 30 yds away. It's a nice hotel in a great location. Directly across the road is the National Concert Hall. Behind the Hall is a lovely park sometimes referred to Dublin's secret park called the Iveagh Gardens.
Jul 25, 2012, 4:05am   #39
letteshop's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Moonbeam1976

not sure if youve been or not but try the following links for transfers to city

http://www.aircoach.ie/

Turn left as you leave the front door of the airport and you will see the blue and sometimes white buses of Aircoach. Pay for your ticket from the little kiosk. Get the Leopardstown route Aircoach as far as Leeson Street. When you get off the bus you walk back down the street about 60 yds and turn left on to Earlsfort Terrace. Your hotel is about 30 yds away. It's a nice hotel in a great location. Directly across the road is the National Concert Hall. Behind the Hall is a lovely park sometimes referred to Dublin's secret park called the Iveagh Gardens.
Thanks for the info. We are actually at the airport leaving Dublin and moving on to Glasgow. We really enjoyed Dublin and did mostly walking (even in the rain). Such a beautiful city, would definitely recommend and we are definitely coming back!!
Jul 25, 2012, 6:00pm   #40
BasketballCourt's Avatar
Member
My friends and I are planning a backpacking trip through Europe next summer and are thinking about places to see in Ireland. We're wanting the more scenic experience versus the beer tours and all, so any recommendations? We are looking at Galway and the Cliffs of Moher...
May 1, 2014, 6:09am   #41
WValencia's Avatar
Member
I'm visiting Dublin, Galway and cork. Any suggestions? We'll rent a car and drive around for one week. I would appreciate any tip. Thanks!
May 1, 2014, 5:06pm   #42
clu13's Avatar
Shoe and Bag Addict
Originally Posted by WValencia
I'm visiting Dublin, Galway and cork. Any suggestions? We'll rent a car and drive around for one week. I would appreciate any tip. Thanks!

Of you can fit in a day in Northern Ireland, I highly recommend it. The giants causeway was my favorite part of my trip to Ireland. We did not get to Galway unfortunately. Killarney was lovely - wonderful music and pubs. I also enjoyed seeing Tara and knoweth just outside of Dublin if you are into ancient history.
May 2, 2014, 6:08am   #43
WValencia's Avatar
Member
I'm leaving Northern Ireland for next time, as I want to see it in detail.
Thank you for your ideas!
Sep 7, 2014, 8:50pm   #44
Espinosa's Avatar
Member
Hey ladies, heading to Ireland in about 3 weeks. Any recommendations for Dublin? Where to eat/ drink? What can't I miss? Thanks !!
Sep 7, 2014, 9:17pm   #45
R
Member
My favorite thing to do in Ireland is to hop on the train (DART) from Dublin and travel towards Dalkey. You'll get a beautiful view of the coast and Dalkey is very organic with wonderful people and food.

I'm not sure if you would be interested in Jameson Irish Whiskey, but The Old Jameson Distillery is a really awesome tour. I wasn't too impressed with the Guiness tour, but recommended the Jameson to many folks and they loved it. They have a great restaurant there too.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Bon Voyage  
TOP

Thread Tools