Home The Playground Bon Voyage

International flights-what's the legal carry on luggage size? Brands?

POST A REPLY

Mar 29, 2008, 1:07am   #1
Hi everyone *wave*, what's the 'legal' size for international carry on? i am considering LV Pegase 60 measures 14.5"x 22.5"x 7.5", or Pegase 50 measures 14.2"x 20"x 7.1". It really don't have to be LV, but I just want buy the max. legal size The flights will mainly be among Asia, such as Japan, Taiwan, China, HK, not sure if i can squeez enough time for Europe

Also what brand do you suggest for check-ins? My family are always torn between a good one (subject to airport's internal theft, or 'missing'), or a crappy one that sometimes give up in the middle of traveling.
Mar 29, 2008, 7:50pm   #2
Lovin' Life!
Hi! Check your airline's website for their maximum allowed size for hand-carry luggage.

I travel a lot from the US to Asia and use a heavy-duty luggage brand like TravelPro for checked luggage. Checked luggage takes a lot of beating and sturdiness outweighs "fashion" in my mind.
Mar 29, 2008, 9:26pm   #3
TravelPro? Will keep this brand in mind, I'm too chicken to check in any fancy items, that's why i want the max. legal size carry on w/valueables w/me at all times
Mar 30, 2008, 9:37am   #4
Lovin' Life!
There are a ton of luggage options on www.ebags.com. It's a great website with tons of pictures of each bag. You can also read comments from other people who have bought the bags.

Good luck!
Mar 30, 2008, 8:23pm   #5
I have found that some international flights go by both weight and size. I had a bag that was the allowed size, but weighed too much , so i was forced to check it. It was full, but only with clothes, nothing extra heavy. This was on China Air, I believe, and I also found this on Thai Intl. I would buy a cheaper durable bag and check it! I like Eagle Creek- extremely durable and not super expensive.
Apr 1, 2008, 4:03am   #6
redney~thanks for the site, will definitely check it out!
cakegirl~yes, even the check in weight shrinked big time, 38-25 kg!
Apr 1, 2008, 5:44pm   #7
Workin' on my tan!
Heys roll x case is awesome! its only about $100 and it has wheels.
On their website they have a toddler wheeling the suitcase!
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Bon Voyage