Home The Playground Bon Voyage

CHICAGO! Tips, restaurants and hotel advice!

POST A REPLY

May 20, 2012, 6:09pm   #496
^thanks! I'll be in Chicago in September and will look for it.
May 20, 2012, 10:16pm   #497
Nordies Chicago has great shoe selection.

I don't think I've been to Chicago without eating at Joe's crab, lunch is the best.
May 24, 2012, 8:25pm   #498
psalm 25:4
Originally Posted by devoted7
if you like asian food, try joyee's! also the pizza oven grinder is a delicious place too. downfall is that they only accept cash.

Chicago Pizza and Ovengrinder's is one of our favorites! It is at 2121 N Clark
May 27, 2012, 11:40am   #499
Brooke0502
One word SPRINKLES!!! I made it my mission when I was up there earlier this month for 1 sweet treat and the Red Velvet is SCRUMPTIOUS!!
Jun 1, 2012, 2:06am   #500
I ♥ CHICAGO :)
Man~ i miss chicago!
Jun 1, 2012, 2:14am   #501
I ♥ CHICAGO :)
I miss some indian desserts and food on DEVON AVE. This was the one I often visited! http://www.tahoora.com/Store/Desktop....aspx?tabid=44
Jun 1, 2012, 9:41am   #502
Originally Posted by Ilovepurse007
I miss some indian desserts and food on DEVON AVE. This was the one I often visited! http://www.tahoora.com/Store/Desktop....aspx?tabid=44
Devon is the best street for all kinds of ethnic stuff! It's like a world bazaar when we drive down that street.
Jun 1, 2012, 9:44am   #503
You have to try Girl and the Goat.. It's really an amazing Resturant it's by Stephanie the winner to Top Chef.. Even Tru is also good fine dining.
Jun 2, 2012, 1:04pm   #504
Originally Posted by dd82
You have to try Girl and the Goat.. It's really an amazing Resturant it's by Stephanie the winner to Top Chef.. Even Tru is also good fine dining.

I forgot about Girl and the Goat, really fun place with good food and wine.
Jun 3, 2012, 6:00am   #505
I went to Chicago recently and enjoyed eating at Sprout. It's Dale Levitski's, from Top Chef, restaurant. It's tasty and the menu has a fun aspect in that you only know the main ingredients of your dish but you don't know how its presented or put together.

I also had a lunch at Cafe Spiaggia. It was absolutely delicious and the view over the lake is nice. Highly recommend it.
Jun 26, 2012, 10:46am   #506
Hi guys! I am looking to plan an August trip to Chicago for me and my bf. Would it be better for us to stay downtown(the loop) or Magnificent Mile? Which would you prefer? We aren't the partying/bar type... I rather shop lol. Also, does anyone recommend us renting a car to get around or is a cab easier? Is there any outlet shopping center around?
Tia!
Jun 26, 2012, 6:32pm   #507
Originally Posted by mainguyen504
Hi guys! I am looking to plan an August trip to Chicago for me and my bf. Would it be better for us to stay downtown(the loop) or Magnificent Mile? Which would you prefer? We aren't the partying/bar type... I rather shop lol. Also, does anyone recommend us renting a car to get around or is a cab easier? Is there any outlet shopping center around?
Tia!
For fashion shopping, North Michigan Ave. and Oak Street are the best--nearly every big name in the world. I wouldn't rent a car. It costs a fortune($50 or more) to park it nightly and traffic is very heavy. I would cab it. I think the outlet shopping is in the 'burbs. I haven't lived there for a few years but the big ones I knew about were in Gurnee (Gurnee Mills) and Huntley, which is way out northwest of Chicago.
Jun 26, 2012, 7:57pm   #508
P
Just came back from Chicago today--I wish I knew there was a Sprinkles there. I still haven't tried one! I would recommend doing the Architecture Foundation boat tour which is pretty much widely recommended everywhere. I had dinner at Alinea which is pretty expensive but such a singular experience!
Jun 27, 2012, 11:36am   #509
ame
Originally Posted by pixiejenna
The Michigan ave Nordies plus size section is my FAV! The selection is great most Nordies plus size sections are puny this one is like 3-4 times the size of a average Nordies plus size. The Macys at water tower is a small plus size section, imo the one at woodfield is bigger. However the water tower Macys has a lush and if you like fun bath stuff you check them out.
Woohoo! EXCELLENT. I am so glad to hear that Nordies has a decent selection of plus. One of ours literally has TWO RACKS. The other has a small carpet pad full. Pathetic!

Originally Posted by jlinds
Bendel's is in Water Tower Place. It's fabulous!!
Woohoo! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Brooke0502
One word SPRINKLES!!! I made it my mission when I was up there earlier this month for 1 sweet treat and the Red Velvet is SCRUMPTIOUS!!
OOh where is it???? I need to hit up Jilly's this weekend, since they have the winning cupcakes from cupcake wars back til like Tuesday.
Jun 27, 2012, 10:01pm   #510
<3OOO~~~
Originally Posted by ame
OOh where is it???? I need to hit up Jilly's this weekend, since they have the winning cupcakes from cupcake wars back til like Tuesday.
it's right off of michigan ave
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Bon Voyage