B
Originally Posted by Bratty1919
Who's been there?
It looks so unique!
Picture...
Attached Images

Apr 28, 2013, 7:14pm   #3
Yes? May I help you?
Not yet. But ironically enough, the husband and I just planned a trip back to istanbul for the fall. Won't have time to make it to Cappadocia, though.
Apr 28, 2013, 7:39pm   #4
B
Originally Posted by DrDior
Not yet. But ironically enough, the husband and I just planned a trip back to istanbul for the fall. Won't have time to make it to Cappadocia, though.
So you've been to Istanbul before? How is it? I am looking for somewhere a little less crowded, I guess. That, and this town just looks odd and otherworldly, somehow...
Apr 28, 2013, 8:05pm   #5
Yes? May I help you?
I LOVE it!

It's a bit busy, but no worse than, say, London or any other big city. And much prettier than NYC.

If you need a break from heat and crowds, you have some great options. Number 1 is a day trip to the Black Sea (Sile and Agva). You could hop a ferry to the suburb of Ortokoy - lots of cafes, winding alleys with shops and an open plaza to sit and people watch. You can cool off by riding the ferry to Princes Islands (be warned: it doesn't return to your starting point, so you'll need taxi fare back to Taksim Square; you share them).
Apr 28, 2013, 8:12pm   #6
B
Originally Posted by DrDior
I LOVE it!

It's a bit busy, but no worse than, say, London or any other big city. And much prettier than NYC.

If you need a break from heat and crowds, you have some great options. Number 1 is a day trip to the Black Sea (Sile and Agva). You could hop a ferry to the suburb of Ortokoy - lots of cafes, winding alleys with shops and an open plaza to sit and people watch. You can cool off by riding the ferry to Princes Islands (be warned: it doesn't return to your starting point, so you'll need taxi fare back to Taksim Square; you share them).
Cool, thanks! I have two friends from Turkey- I should ask them if either has been to Cappadocia :)
Apr 29, 2013, 9:37am   #7
I've been to Cappadocia and it is so beautiful! If you can try and do the hot air balloon ride because the views are more beautiful from high above. Worth visiting for sure!
Apr 29, 2013, 10:02am   #8
B
Originally Posted by eeyore
I've been to Cappadocia and it is so beautiful! If you can try and do the hot air balloon ride because the views are more beautiful from high above. Worth visiting for sure!
I saw some of the pictures taken from a balloon. Not sure if I'm brave enough!
Apr 30, 2013, 4:46pm   #9
s
Visited Cappadocia couple of years back in Summer together with Ephesus and Istanbul. Thoroughly enjoyed Cappadocia. Extraordinary scenery and you have to try staying in one of the Cave hotels. Highly recommend the hot air balloon and doing a horseback riding trail. Enjoy!
May 1, 2013, 12:05am   #10
B
Originally Posted by se7en_november
Visited Cappadocia couple of years back in Summer together with Ephesus and Istanbul. Thoroughly enjoyed Cappadocia. Extraordinary scenery and you have to try staying in one of the Cave hotels. Highly recommend the hot air balloon and doing a horseback riding trail. Enjoy!
Horses? You just decided this Texan
Jun 2, 2013, 5:35am   #11
Lancelover
I was in Cappadocia on Christmas. It was fantastic. Here are pics bellow the article (click on picture for english text) : http://parfumerka.wordpress.com/2012...aku-kapadokia/
Jun 2, 2013, 10:28am   #12
B
Originally Posted by Lajka
I was in Cappadocia on Christmas. It was fantastic. Here are pics bellow the article (click on picture for english text) : http://parfumerka.wordpress.com/2012...aku-kapadokia/
Glad you liked it! I asked my Turkish friends about the best time to go, and they said "don't go in winter; it's depressing". I am considering a winter trip, though: they also said it's really crowded in the summer.
Jun 6, 2013, 1:56am   #13
n
Was just in Istanbul at the end of April, and unfortunately didn't get a chance to see Cappaadocia. My parents, however have been and said it is incredible.
Jun 6, 2013, 9:26pm   #14
We were there just a week ago and it's really beautiful and out of the world. highly recommended.
Attached Images

Jun 6, 2013, 9:32pm   #15
Uploading bigger photos this time Name:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370572147.684015.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  37.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370572299.699141.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  69.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPurseForum1370572323.650475.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  75.9 KB
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Bon Voyage