Home > >

All Things Travel Chat

POST A REPLY

Jul 19, 2012, 10:52pm   #496
laurakasbaum
Hi tPFers! My first post on this thread and on this part of the forum!

I love to travel. The DH and I go to Phoenix, AZ once or twice a year. We live in Milwaukee, WI, and travel up north quite a bit to visit my FIL and his wife.

My dream trip that I will hopefully be taking in about 2 years is to London. I went there in 2005 right after I graduated from high school and fell in LOVE with the city and the people!
Jul 24, 2012, 2:25pm   #497
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
Hi Laura!!!! I absolutely love London as well :)

We just got back in from Ireland.....it was an absolutely beautiful country, but we feel that 15 days on the ground (plus 2 travel) was a bit too much. Should have cut it down to 10 days or added on Scotland or something. Oh well....we circumvented the entire island (including N. Ireland), so we definitely saw A LOT.

Now we're off to Alaska in 2 days....for a cruise. And then nothing for awhile. Might fly home in October for a few days and then I think my Mom is coming down for US Thanksgiving. And then we have our big Christmas trip!
Jul 24, 2012, 4:22pm   #498
clu13
Shoe and Bag Addict
Originally Posted by dr. twiggers
Hi Laura!!!! I absolutely love London as well :)

We just got back in from Ireland.....it was an absolutely beautiful country, but we feel that 15 days on the ground (plus 2 travel) was a bit too much. Should have cut it down to 10 days or added on Scotland or something. Oh well....we circumvented the entire island (including N. Ireland), so we definitely saw A LOT.

Now we're off to Alaska in 2 days....for a cruise. And then nothing for awhile. Might fly home in October for a few days and then I think my Mom is coming down for US Thanksgiving. And then we have our big Christmas trip!
Any Dublin tips? I'm hopping over after the Olympics in London. It's my first time to both countries.
Jul 25, 2012, 12:40pm   #499
p
plain jane doe
National Gallery! Did you go there, Twiggers?
Jul 26, 2012, 12:52pm   #500
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
I didn't :( I have been to museums in London Rome , etc. and their collection didn't appeal to me ( not enough Impressionism).

I would highly recommend the National Archaeology museum though. The Bog Man is pretty cool.
Jul 26, 2012, 2:28pm   #501
L
LaMadeleine
Hi! Might I recommend visiting Oxford? It's an AMAZING city, absolutely stunning, and the pub food is absolutely delightful. :)
Jul 27, 2012, 11:49am   #502
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
Oxford is a lot of fun!
Aug 1, 2012, 3:17am   #503
Mediana
~Travelista~
Just came back from Budapest. What a lovely city. Crazy hot some days though. I need to go back, I'm not finished with that city at all.
Aug 3, 2012, 6:39pm   #504
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
That is on my short list of cities to visit! We're just back from Alaska, it was amazingly beautiful. I highly recommend it!!! Heading into the Yukon was also beautiful, you get into tundra and boreal landscapes. We saw whales doing bubble netting, bears, salmon running upstream, eagles, porpoise, and sea lions. It was great!!!
Aug 3, 2012, 11:24pm   #505
C
Christine
Back in 5 minutes..
Originally Posted by Mediana
Just came back from Budapest. What a lovely city. Crazy hot some days though. I need to go back, I'm not finished with that city at all.

Ok, I'm not getting any alerts on this thread, or any from TPF. Grrr. Please tell me about BUD. We're headed off in two weeks!!!
Aug 3, 2012, 11:27pm   #506
C
Christine
Back in 5 minutes..
Ok, just lost my job. I'm extremely happy about it so no sympathies needed.

Where would y'all go next, if you were traveling solo? This is my biggest issue. I also want to do things (activities) and not view stuff like churches and such. I'm done with Asia and most of Europe (western). South America is good - but I may drag my hubby down over thanksgiving.
Aug 16, 2012, 3:12am   #507
p
plain jane doe
Mediana, Kosovo was very safe in my estimation.
Aug 16, 2012, 7:19pm   #508
Mediana
~Travelista~
Originally Posted by plain jane doe
Mediana, Kosovo was very safe in my estimation.
Thank you. How was it? I will no be able to go this year since I to much other stuff on my plate but definitely next year. I'm gonna do a lot of Eastern Europe next year. Do you live in Europe?
Aug 17, 2012, 3:20am   #509
daphodill84
Originally Posted by dr. twiggers
That is on my short list of cities to visit! We're just back from Alaska, it was amazingly beautiful. I highly recommend it!!! Heading into the Yukon was also beautiful, you get into tundra and boreal landscapes. We saw whales doing bubble netting, bears, salmon running upstream, eagles, porpoise, and sea lions. It was great!!!
Ahh whales bubble netting is on my list of things to see before I die. Must have been amazing.
Aug 17, 2012, 8:34am   #510
d
dr. twiggers
inactive
It was very interesting, I just wish we had been closer but they have the 100 yard rules.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >