Home > >

Prada's Website

POST A REPLY

Oct 10, 2005, 6:40pm   #1
Megs
I love bags
Quote:
Prada Website

This is the shortest post ever; But can anyone explain to me the logic behind the Prada website? That is probably the most unhelpful site I have ever seen in my life- cough cough.
Please someone explain that "site" to me!?!! :blink:
Oct 10, 2005, 6:58pm   #2
c
chemlex
Most high fashion brand websites are not very helpful - they are just pretty pictures of a couple items with no information. Unless they are selling items through their site (which would be smart because they make more money that way), you won't find a fashion web site to be very informative.

I'm thinking they don't want to post detailed pictures of every item they make because it would just be crib notes for counterfeiters.
Oct 10, 2005, 7:41pm   #3
Megs
I love bags
But not even store locations?! At least a little bit of info would be helpful
Oct 10, 2005, 7:50pm   #4
c
chemlex
Originally Posted by Megs
Yeah, they figure if you want Prada you gotta work for it!

BTW I forgot to mention that giant Prada emblem on the bag is hideous.
Oct 10, 2005, 8:18pm   #5
I
Issmom
I need more shelf space!
And its not as if you can actually easily find the stuff they show. If its truly *HOT*, they won't make enough to satisfy the want out there.
Oct 10, 2005, 9:22pm   #6
Noriko
Account Deactivated
I asked my SA @ Prada about that a long time ago and he just said something about the company wanting to maintain the traditional client/boutique relationship. Meaning that they want people to actually come into the store rather than buying online. Doesn't explain the not having the locations on the site though :(
Oct 10, 2005, 9:57pm   #7
jane
tPF's 100th member
It's old-fashioned and it's dumb. I of course say that as a web developer! I also hate all-Flash sites, and sites that launch into great big stupid popups. Yes I am looking at you Marc Jacobs.

These people really do not understand the web yet, which is sad since it's 2005.
Oct 10, 2005, 11:19pm   #8
Z
Zippy
Forgive my sarcasm... I thought the photo highlighted the shoe.
Oct 11, 2005, 2:33am   #9
k
kojiko
KOJIKO
Originally Posted by Megs
I agree, at least the store locations & #'s too!
Oct 11, 2005, 2:49am   #10
Superqueen
Vintage Lover!
Well, I think their website is the symbol of that 'minimalism' that is part of their fashion. So minimal that it practically doesn't exist!
Oct 11, 2005, 1:32pm   #11
*JJ*
En Vogue
i used to think that their site was under construction, but it's been like this for years. i mean, why have a website at all? you don't have to sell anything online, but i can't walk into a prada store and say show me everything you have! that's what websites are for. that's why i love gucci.com so much. i usually look at the sites, pick out the pieces i want and then go to the store and buy them. what's wrong with that?
Oct 11, 2005, 5:18pm   #12
HermesLover
Their website is a disgrace. Look at LV's eLuxury.com...simple, easy to navigate and I would still go to the boutique! Even Hermes has a nice website.

Plus if that Prada stamped bag is real...well then they have a lot of work to do!
Oct 11, 2005, 10:58pm   #13
k
kojiko
KOJIKO
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i used to think that their site was under construction, but it's been like this for years. i mean, why have a website at all? you don't have to sell anything online, but i can't walk into a prada store and say show me everything you have! that's what websites are for. that's why i love gucci.com so much. i usually look at the sites, pick out the pieces i want and then go to the store and buy them. what's wrong with that?
I agree. I really like gucci.com too, it's been a great help! I really don't have time to look around the entire store.

I can just ask about a particular item (name etc.) and they'll grab it from the back (usually some great finds aren't displayed).
Nov 5, 2006, 7:19pm   #14
D
DBGirl12
are you guys talking about prada.com?
if so, give up--- i have a pop-up blocker and when I disabled it to go to that site, it turned out to be this italian art thing, not prada. darn it, but oh well, apparently you do have to work for it!
the dooney and bourke site is also good
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >